User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky

Me too. But you can always count on him to talk with a stuffed nose, and be a hangdog dreary and dopey guy, no matter the character. At least he is consistent. I don't plan on seeing the flick.
SNAP OUT OF IT

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
SNAP OUT OF IT
I love that movie enough to overlook his really bad attempt at a Brooklyn accent.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
SNAP OUT OF IT
I like that movie. The one character he is capable of playing was perfect in that one.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
I like that movie. The one character he is capable of playing was perfect in that one.
What about "Face-Off?"
Old 08-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG Moonstruck is one of my favorite movies ever - perhaps that's why I'm a bit partial to Mr. Cage.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation No interest from me...

in seeing this film. I think the best 911 related film was "9-1-1", the doctumentary by 2 French brothers who were originally filming a story about a rookie firefighter joining a NY firehouse and all the struggles that come with becoming a firefighter, to only have 911 happen as they were filming (The French brothers are the ones who filmed the first jet impacting the WTC, the only known footage of the first impact-They also were inside the buildings filming as people jumped to their deaths, the sound was sickening).

I would, however, like to see a movie about the conspiracy of the OKC bombing...It's been 11 years and us Oklahomans are still trying to figure exactly what the hell happened that April day & why the govt. keeps BS-ing the truth.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 08-09-2006 at 08:10 PM..
Old 08-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD
Did anyone see the MTV special for the movie on CBS last night prior to Big Brother and Supernova? They interviewed Oliver Stone, Nicholas Cage, and the fireman that the story is based on. I only saw the last few minutes, and then the announcement that the proceeding was a paid program. I think this is the first time I have ever seen this type of advertisement for a movie. I guess they are trying really hard to get people to buy-into this film being made in the first place?

Oliver Stone is involved? Then have even LESS interest in it now.

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That 9/11 doc was numbingly blunt. What a flic.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't see a problem with the film itself. I'm interested in seeing it, just not yet...

personally.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
in seeing this film. I think the best 911 related film was "9-1-1", the doctumentary by 2 French brothers who were originally filming a story about a rookie firefighter joining a NY firehouse and all the struggles that come with becoming a firefighter, to only have 911 happen as they were filming (The French brothers are the ones who filmed the first jet impacting the WTC, the only known footage of the first impact-They also were inside the buildings filming as people jumped to their deaths, the sound was sickening).
I saw that one too.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Oliver Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss
Oliver Stone is involved? Then have even LESS interest in it now.
I am SO with you...I just hate Oliver Ston'es movies...and I have seen too many of them to know- Too melodramatic-too long- too many cheesy slow-mo re-enacments (i.e. Born on the 4th of July...Hate it!!)

He really should have stopped at Wallstreet *(I am not even sure if that is the name of it...Michael Douglas is big time finance guy..that movie was great!

As far as just 9/11...I think I would just cry the whole time...( I know it is suppossed to be about survivors, but still, over 3000 didn't. I don't need anymore reality-just read the paper, or turn on the news...
I am looking for entertainment when I hit the movies these days...

For never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm, always been a storm... sln
~~eclipse~~
Old 08-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Ledgie

Long time lurker here. I'm from the Bronx and one of the men in the film who died, Dominick Puzzullo was from my neighborhood. I knew him from a job I once had, not well, but he was a really nice guy.

Prior to becoming a PA cop, he was the local high school shop teacher for many years. And well loved by his students. (He was also an extraordinarily handsome man, Jay Hernandez has nothing on him.)

All of the reviews of the movie I have read, state that his death is the most touching scene in the movie. He had the opportunity to get out of the rubble after the first tower collapsed but refused to leave his partner, who was trapped. Hours later, after the second tower collaspsed, he was trapped himself and died. Right before he died, he was able to fire a shot from his gun that alerted the rescuers to the area where the men were trapped.

I'll see this movie, just not in a theater.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emfan2377
Long time lurker here. I'm from the Bronx and one of the men in the film who died, Dominick Puzzullo was from my neighborhood. I knew him from a job I once had, not well, but he was a really nice guy.

Prior to becoming a PA cop, he was the local high school shop teacher for many years. And well loved by his students.

Welcome to the Ledge...and allow me to give you my sympathy on the death of perhaps not a friend...but someone that touched you-
All of us at the Ledge, and I am pretty sure I speak for one and all...

Honor the dead, and walking wounded, that are still grieving as a result of September 11th

For never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm, always been a storm... sln
~~eclipse~~
Old 08-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
Welcome to the Ledge...and allow me to give you my sympathy on the death of perhaps not a friend...but someone that touched you-
All of us at the Ledge, and I am pretty sure I speak for one and all...

Honor the dead, and walking wounded, that are still grieving as a result of September 11th
Thank you. My area of the Bronx was greatly affected on 9/11. Many of the residents are NYPD, FDNY, and other New York City employees. I believe over 291 people from my area died that day, many of them FDNY. Considering my neighborhood has only 5000 or so people, that's an insane number. For months it seemed like it was one funeral after another.

To be honest, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it. I think many New Yorkers haven't forgotten either.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
It's about two amazing men who SURVIVED! What's wrong with getting their story out??

And a lot of the actual firefighters and such are in the film - and I don't know - I think they're trying to do a good thing -
The profits should be given back to the people victimized IMO.