The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My Humble try at landslide and bleed to love her.

Okay these are videos i had of me attempting Landslide and bleed to love her. the phone can only hold 1mb per video so they are short and not great quality and its basically just the intros. I am a beginner and have only been playin a year now. I also try to use my fingers and not a pick. Remember your not aloud to laugh, i bloody tryin here.

okay and its MP4 so i know it plays in VLC media player.

http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...N2F9V72OAEP5DA

and

http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...11FSQ21DCEZ3TX
Old 01-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey!! That was great!

I'd say you're pretty darn good for only playing a year. I've had a guitar for 6 years and my kids are the only ones who use it, as a container for G.I. Joes, LOL!

Nice guitar too!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pretty good for the amount of time you have been playing Paul.

Don't worry about the technical side of your playing (timing, speed etc) that will come with time, patience and practice.

The important thing is you have a good tone and the emotion of your playing is coming through here.

Keep at it.

I must say I have never really bothered learning much Lindsey stuff myself (shocks and gasps from the Ledge community), I enjoy playing I'm So Afraid because it gives my Turner a chance to growl when you crank up the volume knob that last 20% for the solo ( ) but apart from that, and maybe The Chain and World Turning if I'm bored I'm really not influenced as a guitarist by LB. I do think he is an amazing player though.

p.s. Did you get the RS-6 from Ian??
Old 01-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yeah this timing is very important and i do struggle with it a bit. especially with fingerpicking
but thanks for comments
Old 01-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades
yeah this timing is very important and i do struggle with it a bit. especially with fingerpicking
but thanks for comments
Fingerpicking is something many "electric" based guitarists really find tough. If you continue to play finger style you will be a very accomplished player. I play finger style, something similar to Mark Knopfler's technique but a little more open, but I sometimes wish I could play better with a pick. I find it a little awkward with a piece of plastic, but unless I actually take the time to learn to use one there are some things I really can't do properly with my fingers (pinched harmonics springs to mind) which frustrates me.

I recall reading many years back that Lindsey uses a pick sometimes in the studio. If I had to bet I'd say he used a Fender Strat with a pick for some of the parts on "Countdown".
Old 01-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Paul they where great. I've never tried to play "Bleed to love her" (put of by the obscure tunning I guess) is it much harder than Landslide? I'll Have to give it ago. Seriously, Great playing and NICE guitar.

I've been playing the same amount of time as you (well a year since last july) and whilst I was learning all the chords i used a pick. I then got bored of trying to saw my guitar in half with it so I started playing with my fingers (I think It looks so impressive finger plucking, esspecailly travis picking and it just sounds so much more elegent. Not to mention all its other benefits to using a plectrum) At first I was really clumsy using my fingers but you soon pick it up and I now can't feel a thing in the tips of my fingers.

I've just polished of "Go Insane" this week and find it alot easier to play than "Never goign abck agian" and I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and set my webcam up tommorow. I find guitar and addictive circle. The more you practice the better you get, The better you get the more you practice.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

great job!!! ~
Old 01-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBanks147
Paul they where great. I've never tried to play "Bleed to love her" (put of by the obscure tunning I guess) is it much harder than Landslide? I'll Have to give it ago. Seriously, Great playing and NICE guitar.

I've been playing the same amount of time as you (well a year since last july) and whilst I was learning all the chords i used a pick. I then got bored of trying to saw my guitar in half with it so I started playing with my fingers (I think It looks so impressive finger plucking, esspecailly travis picking and it just sounds so much more elegent. Not to mention all its other benefits to using a plectrum) At first I was really clumsy using my fingers but you soon pick it up and I now can't feel a thing in the tips of my fingers.

I've just polished of "Go Insane" this week and find it alot easier to play than "Never goign abck agian" and I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and set my webcam up tommorow. I find guitar and addictive circle. The more you practice the better you get, The better you get the more you practice.
Obscure tuning?

I played part of that song before in regular tuning
Old 01-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Oh look what I found.

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...81EWWWQD83XZOQ
Old 01-26-2006, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReFleetwoodMac
Where did you find this Bobo? That was great!

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Very nice Bobo!! You got some speedy hands there! What the heck does that sticker say on the guitar?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

While we're on the topic of guitarists that try to copy Lindsey, I found this great young talent named Seymour Cosine that sounds just like him. He is very underground still so I have yet to come across any video to see if he actually plays just like him, but the recordings I have make it pretty clear. Plus he is a great admirer of Mr. Buckingham.

http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...T2TBIIJUL4FVUO
Old 01-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
While we're on the topic of guitarists that try to copy Lindsey, I found this great young talent named Seymour Cosine that sounds just like him. He is very underground still so I have yet to come across any video to see if he actually plays just like him, but the recordings I have make it pretty clear. Plus he is a great admirer of Mr. Buckingham.

http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...T2TBIIJUL4FVUO
Oh boy does that bring back memories of tenth chair trumpet! LOL!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well Bobo, I know of a great Buckingham admirer myself known as Howard Ricky James Howard. Here is a sample of his fine work.

http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...10QDUBXQS5DP4H

He's a really a great guy except he gets agitated when people don't tell him what the sticker says on their guitar! LOL!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCharms
What the heck does that sticker say on the guitar?
Well I think I see part of a "CKER" and all of a "MAGIC." Your guess is a good as mine. Although I doubt that you can top that.