User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
From what I hear, she’s completely changed her life, and to be honest, she never really enjoyed touring anyway..
I don't get this. I do agree she wanted to change her life. Now. She retired, and no discussion about it.

But.. never enjoyed touring? Yes, I have heard and read that several times. But if that's true, I would consider Christine the most miserable and fool person in the whole wide world. Because, after almost 30 years in a band, now you say you never enjoyed touring?? Didn't you want to do any other things in your life?? She became millonaire with Rumours, then she could have done anything she wanted. I don't buy the "Fleetwood Mac was like being in the army, you have to be there". Stevie consider it so because deeply she always wanted to be in the band, with all those nightmares on the way, but, it was the best for her. At least during the 70s-80s.

So I think Christine enjoyed, too. Not now, but she did in the past.
If you have money and don't want to do something with your life, you just don't do it and don't wait to be in your 60s to change.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

So I think Christine enjoyed, too. Not now, but she did in the past.
If you have money and don't want to do something with your life, you just don't do it and don't wait to be in your 60s to change.
Well, Homeward Bound suggests she'd had enough a long time ago. Then, once we hit the nineties, she was saying she wanted to go back to England in almost every interview.

She liked the band and believed in their music. It was a 2nd family. So, sometimes when you weigh the pros and the cons, the cons don't seem that heavy -- at least not for awhile. So, she soldiered on for a few decades.

Maybe she enjoyed it once she got on the stage. Maybe she liked playing, if not the steps you had to go through to get up there. Between the traveling and the stage fright, touring really took its toll, especially once she stopped taking controlled substances to ease the burden. She said she had to drink to get to sleep in the hotel at night. I guess that made it bearable for many years. Once she was no longer willing to do that, that's when she knew it was time to end life on the road.

It's funny, because when Lindsey left the band, Christine said he never enjoyed touring too. I think both of them were right about each other, but the reasons Lindsey disliked it then and the reason Christine disliked it in general are different.

Michele
Old 09-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Christine said he never enjoyed touring too. I think both of them were right about each other, but the reasons Lindsey disliked it then and the reason Christine disliked it in general are different.

Michele
Oh that make sense when you read Mick's book. As I understood it wasn't that Lindsey hated tours, it was like he was tired of being with the band all the time during tours, with a lot of pressure, the Fleetwood Mac craziness, etc. Mick mentions
everybody was already burned even during the first Tusk tour rehearsals.

That's why he accepted to record Tango but didn't want to tour. Later he agred to tour for few weeks, and later he refused to tour at all, and all that became in leaving the band that dark august evening.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:32 PM

If you listen to Christine talk to a radio station she during the Shakin the Cage tour she says she enjoys touring and that's what it's really all about.

So just like the other two singers... there's the "PR" answer and there's the "i'm so sick of these people and this business" answer.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she regarded touring as an occupational hazard. (She once said that about Los Angeles)

As she got older it probably got worse and she got to the point where she said "you know what I don't need to do this any more - I'm off home, bye bye"

Gail