Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood will be on The Today Show from Australia tomorrow

https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/sta...83948863279104
Old 08-29-2019, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He's still the only one out doing press for this tour.... Stevie has remained hidden away since telling untruths on American tv before the tour, and I don't think I've seen or heard Chris being interviewed anywhere either. Just good ole Mick, If you believe your truth, why hide away??
Old 08-29-2019, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
He's still the only one out doing press for this tour.... Stevie has remained hidden away since telling untruths on American tv before the tour, and I don't think I've seen or heard Chris being interviewed anywhere either. Just good ole Mick, If you believe your truth, why hide away??
With the extent to which he stretches the truth and changes the narrative....I think his credibilty is shot....regardless of the forum with which he chooses to express his opinion. Stevie drove this chasm and now stepped away (post that "awesome" CBS interview), and Mick and the band let her. If you look at previous tours, the only person who has never really done press was John. Mick, Stevie and Lindsey, and then Christine for OWTS were front and center. This should have been a banner year for FM as a band, and with Stevie getting RRHOF on top...wind at their backs. This is a shameful way for this band to go out. But Mick can keep spinning it. Maybe NF will actually hire him for CH. One can only hope.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope one of our Aussie members who caught his interview will post something to let us know what he said....or links to watch it.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I found this article but wish I could find the video.

They should have, could have, and kind of did break up a couple of times over the past 50 years.

Fleetwood Mac, the band that formed in London in the late 1960s and has been through dramas, divorces, affairs and rumours that have tested all involved, most recently the sacking of a key member from their most successful era, Lindsey Buckingham. He was spectacularly let loose and replaced by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' Mike Campbell and Crowded House main man, Neil Finn.

I've had the pleasure of speaking to the band many times over the years and was anxious to get the lowdown on the latest line-up from at the helm of the band that bares his name, Mick Fleetwood.

It seems the majority of Mac fans the world over are giving the new line-up the thumbs up. It's certainly been a rocky road over the past 50 years, with 18 members passing through the ranks, coming and going for one reason or another.

"There's been some pain involved, you know, getting to where we are and still are. You become aware of all of that and you become very aware of it that people are still enjoying what we do and, as my father would say, that it's all been worth a damn."

"For my conscience, that's a good thing to remember," Fleetwood laughed.

His father's advice has certainly helped Mick calm the waters and fuel the fires to keep his beloved band afloat even in difficult times, even when faced with the prospect of replacing musical director Lindsey Buckingham.

Fleetwood said the conversation, while difficult, was one that simply had to happen. "None of us were happy."

"His talent is a given, as you're well aware, on stage. You can't continue doing something if you're really not happy about what's going on. And that's how we leave it, with the integrity for both Lindsey and ourselves," Fleetwood said.

With goodbye to Lindsay, it was hello to Mike Campbell and Neil Finn. There was so many love and respect between the band members, it really is beautiful to see such harmony on stage.

"Not the irony but the lovely part of that was all around his talent. The ladies, Stevie, Christine, they're the singers, so there were some ideas they will remain nameless. I have to say that in the back of my mind was always this lovely gentleman known as Neil Finn."

According to Fleetwood, Stevie "insisted" the band do a Split Endz song 'I Got You' and Crowded House's signature song 'Don't Dream It's Over.'

But Fleetwood observed they were spoiled for choice. "The original list of what we were doing, including songs from Tom and including more songs - it would be like a Bruce Springsteen concert, five years in the making!"

I told Fleetwood I was there last night with my 24-year-old son, who wasn't the youngest guy in the room and I certainly wasn't the oldest. So what is it about this music that makes it transcend generations?

"I think it's a fascination with looking at something that for sure has survived. But there's a humour about everything that we're doing. And a reaching out for something that is, as I said before, worth a damn.

"The audiences have been great all over the world. And we're grateful."

Fleetwood Mac finished their Sydney shows last night and are now heading to Melbourne for shows at Rod Laver Arena. There are still some tickets available through Ticketek.

https://9now.nine.com.au/today/fleet...0-4f147b6e2f04
Old 08-30-2019, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here it is - sorry i tried to embed but it's not working

https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/sta...96140451680256