User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2020, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Tru dat!!! And we were all very close, too. But I don't do drama, so when it began, I just backed off and the parties ended. I still love those friends, though. We last got together for the second show of the BuckVie tour in Nashville.

Believe it or not, they were all hardcore Ledgies, with thousands of posts. We all left here(if I remember correctly) during the Great Ledge Implosion of 2007. We all went on to other FM sites. I was gone for 3 years I think, then came back. They never did...
Ok for a second I though you were having FM pool parties and inviting regular friends. My friends would have given me really big side eye.

Too bad... I play guitar and sing pretty good harmony!

I can only imagine what the drama was about. Also how did I miss the ledge implosion of 2007? I'm sure it had something to do with Tambourine B/witch fans.

BTW you should have one now and I can bring my Covid (going on 4th week) and we can have a FM/Covid party! Folks this virus is real and NOT fun trust me, I know. Stay safe!

Last edited by secondhandchain; 07-20-2020 at 01:45 PM..
Old 07-20-2020, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Ok for a second I though you were having FM pool parties and inviting regular friends. My friends would have given me really big side eye.

Too bad... I play guitar and sing pretty good harmony!

I can only imagine what the drama was about. Also how did I miss the ledge implosion of 2007? I'm sure it had something to do with Tambourine B/witch fans.

BTW you should have one now and I can bring my Covid (going on 4th week) and we can have a FM/Covid party! Folks this virus is real and NOT fun trust me, I know. Stay safe!
I would NEVER invite regular people to a FM party! They were all Ledgies(the Ledge was hopping back then - you almost couldn't keep up with the number of posts). When a group of us realized how close we actually lived, we decided to meet up. My friend in Indy has a daughter who was like 8 at the time. She was horrified that her Mom was inviting some strange man from the internet to their house. Within 15 minutes, she was sitting beside me on the couch. Because I'm scary!(yeah, I know many of you think I'm Satan. I'm just a sarcastic bastard)

The Ledge Implosion? There was a kid from KY on here, who would start like 20 THREADS per day(when similar threads already existed). He would catch grief daily from many people....he didn't care. People were complaining left and right about him... Well, back then we had a "Super Moderator". The Super put up a sticky note telling us all that "the kid" could post whatever he liked, and if we didn't like it, we could basically take a hike. We also had an underground board back then, too(originally one called Horsemanity[inside joke, that I no longer remember], until I spy was detected, and that board was closed, followed by another call board called Homanity). Plotting and mass sarcasm took place there. Photoshops of the kid's avatar and the like. Anyway, for whatever reason, thirty some of us were asked to make a pic of a horse's rear end(nothing gross - just the tail and hips) our avatar here. About 35 of us did it, and all but a couple of us were temporarily banned for a week. The bans were lifted a day or so later, and we received an apology, but the damage was done. Many people left and didn't come back(I stayed gone for 3 years). The Ledge really had several cliques back then, and really, IMO, it never got back to that level of intensity. By then Facebook was taking over people's time, and the traffic here never got back to what it once was.

The Covid's - I know. I'm good friends with a big country's star's crew. They played two shows last week, then the drummer tested positive. And I was hanging out for 3 straight days with the guitar tech for 3 days following those shows. He's nervous that he got it, and I'm nervous that he gave it to me! I'm going to try and get tested tomorrow...
Old 07-21-2020, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would NEVER invite regular people to a FM party! They were all Ledgies(the Ledge was hopping back then - you almost couldn't keep up with the number of posts). When a group of us realized how close we actually lived, we decided to meet up. My friend in Indy has a daughter who was like 8 at the time. She was horrified that her Mom was inviting some strange man from the internet to their house. Within 15 minutes, she was sitting beside me on the couch. Because I'm scary!(yeah, I know many of you think I'm Satan. I'm just a sarcastic bastard)

The Ledge Implosion? There was a kid from KY on here, who would start like 20 THREADS per day(when similar threads already existed). He would catch grief daily from many people....he didn't care. People were complaining left and right about him... Well, back then we had a "Super Moderator". The Super put up a sticky note telling us all that "the kid" could post whatever he liked, and if we didn't like it, we could basically take a hike. We also had an underground board back then, too(originally one called Horsemanity[inside joke, that I no longer remember], until I spy was detected, and that board was closed, followed by another call board called Homanity). Plotting and mass sarcasm took place there. Photoshops of the kid's avatar and the like. Anyway, for whatever reason, thirty some of us were asked to make a pic of a horse's rear end(nothing gross - just the tail and hips) our avatar here. About 35 of us did it, and all but a couple of us were temporarily banned for a week. The bans were lifted a day or so later, and we received an apology, but the damage was done. Many people left and didn't come back(I stayed gone for 3 years). The Ledge really had several cliques back then, and really, IMO, it never got back to that level of intensity. By then Facebook was taking over people's time, and the traffic here never got back to what it once was.

The Covid's - I know. I'm good friends with a big country's star's crew. They played two shows last week, then the drummer tested positive. And I was hanging out for 3 straight days with the guitar tech for 3 days following those shows. He's nervous that he got it, and I'm nervous that he gave it to me! I'm going to try and get tested tomorrow...
Wow juicy stuff. In regards to the Covid, the friend who gave it to me had it way worse then me. Trouble breathing, chest pains etc... Another friend of his who either gave it to him or visa versa was in the hospital and they didn't think he was going to make it. Mine long (3 weeks and counting) but fairly mild. It's not a hoax folks. WEAR THE DAMN MASK.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow juicy stuff. In regards to the Covid, the friend who gave it to me had it way worse then me. Trouble breathing, chest pains etc... Another friend of his who either gave it to him or visa versa was in the hospital and they didn't think he was going to make it. Mine long (3 weeks and counting) but fairly mild. It's not a hoax folks. WEAR THE DAMN MASK.
It's crazy how some people are asymptomatic, and yet it kills some people.

My ex had it for 21 days, before going 3 days without a fever(doctor said it wasn't over until 3 days of no symptoms had passed). Mostly just a fever and aches, with slight breathing trouble. I dropped off groceries every 2-4 days(opened door and set them just inside the door, and RAN). I'm really nervous that my Nashville roadie friend might have given it to me, although it's been since last Thursday that we hung out, and I'm still fine(with fingers crossed). I hope your symptoms are over soon!
Old 07-21-2020, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
It's crazy how some people are asymptomatic, and yet it kills some people.

My ex had it for 21 days, before going 3 days without a fever(doctor said it wasn't over until 3 days of no symptoms had passed). Mostly just a fever and aches, with slight breathing trouble. I dropped off groceries every 2-4 days(opened door and set them just inside the door, and RAN). I'm really nervous that my Nashville roadie friend might have given it to me, although it's been since last Thursday that we hung out, and I'm still fine(with fingers crossed). I hope your symptoms are over soon!
Yes so true. Its sort of scary. My friend tested positive with no symptoms except a lack of smell. Her daughter was bragging about some new perfume and asked her mom to smell. She could not smell it which made her go get a test. The mother tested positive but has no fever, sore throat, etc. Luckily the dad and kids are ok for now but someone walking around like that can infect so many people. If it was not for her daughter asking mom to smell her new perfume, she could have infected so many people.
Old 07-21-2020, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes so true. Its sort of scary. My friend tested positive with no symptoms except a lack of smell. Her daughter was bragging about some new perfume and asked her mom to smell. She could not smell it which made her go get a test. The mother tested positive but has no fever, sore throat, etc. Luckily the dad and kids are ok for now but someone walking around like that can infect so many people. If it was not for her daughter asking mom to smell her new perfume, she could have infected so many people.
I know. And my 21 day friend and I had been hanging out about 3 times a week, having dinner and racing Mario Kart. Sitting 3 feet apart. HOW did I not get it? Or am I Typhoid Ma.......Corona Carl?
Old 07-21-2020, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I know. And my 21 day friend and I had been hanging out about 3 times a week, having dinner and racing Mario Kart. Sitting 3 feet apart. HOW did I not get it? Or am I Typhoid Ma.......Corona Carl?
I have a crazier story. A friend of mine has a young daughter who works at a restaurant. One day she came down with a fever so they isolated her and took her to a doctor. The doctor took blood and tested for Covid antibodies (not a true Covid test). The test came back negative. A few days later the fever went away and she discovered co-workers at the restaurant were sick with Covid. Her fever came back so her parents isolated her again but then the fever went away. They took her for an official Covid test which was negative. They were happy until a few days later her fever came back and she went for another Covid test which came back positive. Of course the family believes she had Covid the entire time but had no antibodies and had a false negative. Its some crazy s**t.
Old 07-21-2020, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have a crazier story. A friend of mine has a young daughter who works at a restaurant. One day she came down with a fever so they isolated her and took her to a doctor. The doctor took blood and tested for Covid antibodies (not a true Covid test). The test came back negative. A few days later the fever went away and she discovered co-workers at the restaurant were sick with Covid. Her fever came back so her parents isolated her again but then the fever went away. They took her for an official Covid test which was negative. They were happy until a few days later her fever came back and she went for another Covid test which came back positive. Of course the family believes she had Covid the entire time but had no antibodies and had a false negative. Its some crazy s**t.
Sure sounds like she had it. Until we get a vaccine, we be f*cked.
Old 07-21-2020, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You don't get antibodies until you've fought if off I think. I have tested positve 3 times in a row now though for the last 10 days I only have a loss of sense of taste and smell. Food tastes like cardboard. Sweet taste is starting to come back and very strong Liquer, so...... hahaha
Old 07-21-2020, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The night I got symptoms I was with a friend and he didn't get it, we were both shocked.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You don't get antibodies until you've fought if off I think. I have tested positve 3 times in a row now though for the last 10 days I only have a loss of sense of taste and smell. Food tastes like cardboard. Sweet taste is starting to come back and very strong Liquer, so...... hahaha
As long as you can still enjoy a good stiff drink, all is not lost!!!

I'm having a bourbon on the rocks, with a beer chaser right now!