Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Favorite fast food

I'm not crazy about burgers, but I like it anyway. And the best in Peru is BEMBOS Burger, a peruvian rest who always create new combinations. It's very good!

BTW, did you like it KFC in the early 80s? I think it was better, or maybe because I was a teen, I don't know. But now I don't like it at all. I think in the 80s it tasted better, and pieces were bigger, I'm sure.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, I go to Mc Donalds, BK, the usual stuff. I don't go much because I don't like burgers that much. There is a Popeye's almost down the street from me so I do go there quite a bit. I don't like KFC that much. I heard that it was better in the early 70s from what my Dad tells me.

I like Mexican pizzas from Taco Bell and I like the personal pan pizzas from Pizza Hut.

When I was very little we used to have a place called A&W in Cranston and we went there all the time. There is still one in Smithfield, RI but I rarely get up there. It was very cool. It reminded me of Arnolds on Happy Days but I don't know what it looked like inside. We would park the car and a waitress would walk up take the order and put a tray on your driver side window.
They were famous for Root Beer and we would get a big mug and order food like, a hot dog, hamburger, fries, etc. I am wondering if anyone has a type of place like this in their area? It is now closed for the winter.

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 01-24-2005 at 06:30 PM..
Old 01-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
When I was very little we used to have a place called A&W in Cranston and we went there all the time. There is still one in Smithfield, RI but I rarely get up there. It was very cool. It reminded me of Arnolds on Happy Days but I don't know what it looked like inside. We would park the car and a waitress would walk up take the order and put a tray and your driver side window.
They were famous for Root Beer and we would get a big mug and order food like, a hot dog, hamberger, fries, etc. It was so cool. I am wondering if anyone has a type of place like this in their area? It is now closed for the winter.
There's an A&W in a town near to me. They have the root beer floats and I think they're big on hot dogs. I've never been, but I think that's what I remember someone saying about them. It's not the drive-in type thing, though; I think it's connected to a gas station. Also, there used to be one in the mall years ago, but it's been closed for a while now.

BTW, my favorite fast food: CHICK-FIL-A!!! followed by Sonic in a close second place.

Brad
Old 01-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
There's an A&W in a town near to me. They have the root beer floats and I think they're big on hot dogs. I've never been, but I think that's what I remember someone saying about them. It's not the drive-in type thing, though; I think it's connected to a gas station. Also, there used to be one in the mall years ago, but it's been closed for a while now.

BTW, my favorite fast food: CHICK-FIL-A!!! followed by Sonic in a close second place.

Brad

Yeah, they did have one a mall over here for a while but it just wasn't the same. It is not there anymore.

We don't have a Chick-Fil-A or a Sonic here. I have seen a few in my travels but I never got a chance to try them.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only fast food I really eat, is Taco Bell. I love it. Cheesy gordita crunch with beans instead of meat...the best! I am also obsessed with the quesidilla sauce. I get it as a side to dip my bean burritos in

~*~Becky~*~
Old 01-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
I'm not crazy about burgers, but I like it anyway. And the best in Peru is BEMBOS Burger, a peruvian rest who always create new combinations. It's very good!
I don't eat fast food any more, Villavic, but back when I still occasionally partook, I liked Jack in the Box chicken fajita pitas, Baja Fresh shrimp tacos, & Wendy's chocolate shakes the best.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Not much into the fried stuff, but I die for Dairy Queen butterscotch dip cones...

And mint Oreo Blizzards.
And coffee Oreo Blizzards.
And Skor Blizzards.
Smartie Blizzards.
Cherry Cheesecake Blizzards.
Oreo Blizzards.
And every other Blizzard on the Blizzard menu.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Oh man..

We could be here all NIGHT with my list. LOL

Long John Silvers (My #1 fave)
McDonalds (Quarter Pounder w/Cheese or Filet-O-Fish only...2nd fave)
Chick-Fil-A (best chicken sandwich EVER!)
Whataburger
Sonic (Bacon chedder toaster sandwich only really)
Dairy Queen (the closest one is pretty far away tho. I love the steak finger basket and ice cream...mmmmmm)
Arbys
Taco Casa (even tho it's WAY too greasy )
Dominos (cheese pizza only)

They are building a combo of A&W and Long John Silvers (YAY!) pretty close to my house, so I'm stoked about that. I don't care for A&W tho. There used to be one in the mall, but it shut down.

Places I don't care for:

Wendys (except the fries and shakes...other than that..YUCKO!)
Taco Bell (I'm up and down about this place. I keep vowing never to go back, then I try it again and they are okay, then the next time, bleck..LOL)
Captain D's (Just ew.)
A&W (I don't like root beer and their hamburgers suck.)
Burger King (Their hamburgers suck. The chicken is okay tho.)
Old 01-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
We could be here all NIGHT with my list. LOL

Long John Silvers (My #1 fave)
Chick-Fil-A (best chicken sandwich EVER!)
Whataburger
Sonic (Bacon chedder toaster sandwich only really)
Taco Casa (even tho it's WAY too greasy )

They are building a combo of A&W and Long John Silvers (YAY!) pretty close to my house, so I'm stoked about that. I don't care for A&W tho. There used to be one in the mall, but it shut down.

Places I don't care for:

Wendys (except the fries and shakes...other than that..YUCKO!)

We don't have any of these places here. Wendy's fries are ALWAYS cold when I get them. I like Wendy's junior hamburger WHEN they get my order right.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the fries, apple dippers, and baked apple pies at McDonald's. Also, I love the various cream slushes at Sonic.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I eat pretty much anything...McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Arby's, Taco Bell... KFC Is the nastiest thing out there, by far

My favorite is Portillos and Red Robin!! Do any of you have Red Robin by you? Amazing.

"Age is just a number... The rest is just a state of mind."
Old 01-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up As before...

gimme Subway (Veggie Delight, BLT, Cold Cut Combo & Meatball), Pancho's (My favorite Mexican food EVER!!!), Sonic (An OKC based company with great food), Boomerang (Love eating there just so I can scheme how to swipe all of their 70's classic rock memorabilia...And yes, They have FM & a huge Stevie promo poster for "Timespace") & Fazzoli's (Best...PERIOD!!!!) and I am a happy guy.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-24-2005, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Subway is awsome! My newest subway thing is chipolte sauce. Mmmmm..
Though I was pissed when they got rid of feta cheese and red wine vinagerette (sp??) !
~*~becky~*~
Old 01-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
Fazzoli's (Best...PERIOD!!!!) and I am a happy guy.
Fazzolins as in the fast food-ish Italian place? I don't know, I've eaten there once and I probably could have made something better out of my freezer. I did like the bread sticks, though.

~*~becky~*~
Old 01-24-2005, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like Fazoli's, but I don't eat there much. I like Wendys too, and treats from Dairy Queen.