Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Doesn't matter. Sometimes you have to be a little forceful to be heard. These people are scared to death for the future of their country and are willing to do what it takes to be noticed.

And a little pepper spray isn't going to make them go away.

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 01-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
Doesn't matter. Sometimes you have to be a little forceful to be heard. These people are scared to death for the future of their country and are willing to do what it takes to be noticed.

And a little pepper spray isn't going to make them go away.
Yea Im scared to death for my future as well, which is why I support the war to get rid of any threats to our country!

But force is the very thing they are protesting against...lol...and they wonder why people look upon them as being loons!

And freedom of speech and expression has a limit...when it threatens others well being! So you can stand out there all you want with you signs, but when you come close to harming others they are going to take proper action!
Old 01-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't see them as loons. And I don't know that they were anti-war protesters. Perhaps they don't claim to be pacifists at all. You know, all liberals aren't bleeding-heart vegans.

You support the war to get rid of any threats, eh? So the threat is in Iraq? There are much larger threats right here.

Old 01-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
You believe everything you see and hear? According to the Australian Government, refugees throw their children in to the water. It didn't take much investigating to prove that a piece of video footage fooled a nation and stole their votes. Trust me that just about any piece of footage can be used to display either side of an argument, there's no absolute truth existing in footage.
How can you edit a video like that...what happened is what happened, they got angry because they couldn’t get close enough to the president so they tried to smash through barricades to get their "peaceful" message heard...what a way to go guys!
Old 01-21-2005, 08:06 PM
Lux
Old 01-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't see them as loons. And I don't know that they were anti-war protesters. Perhaps they don't claim to be pacifists at all. You know, all liberals aren't bleeding-heart vegans.

You support the war to get rid of any threats, eh? So the threat is in Iraq? There are much larger threats right here.
Yea I see Muslim fanatics who shout "Allah Akbar " before disemboweling a small child or before decapitating an American/British soldier as a THREAT!
Old 01-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Lux
Old 01-21-2005, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Ah, righteous killing. Don't kill us, our lives are valuable. Now let's kill them, God would want it. I dare say raining bombs onto another nation's peoples is a threat to their country.

You say 'theat to our country'. May I ask how many times Hussein attacked America? For that matter, may I ask how many times Cuba has invaded America? Now let's contrast that with how many times America has attacked Iraq and how many times America has attacked Cuba. To look at it from your philosophy of protecting what is yours, you'd have to give these nations permission to attack America for it has only ever been America threatening them.
Well we didn't give Hussein a chance to attack us, we got to him first! It’s not a question of IF he was going to attack it was a question of WHEN! He was a threat to his people and took away their rights and repeatedly tortured and killed them, so removing him and attacking his fanatical followers to grant freedom to his citizens he used to dictate...seems a positive to me.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Yea I see Muslim fanatics who shout "Allah Akbar " before disemboweling a small child or before decapitating an American/British soldier as a THREAT!
Well no one was decapitating soldiers before we invaded so that's a cyclic argument.

I don't get how threatening a child is a threat to our country, but I'll assume that you mean a larger threat to "humanity." Besides, I'm sure we already killed that child in a mis-directed bomb already anyway.

So are these Muslim fanatics only in Iraq? Mostly in Iraq? Did we get them all?

Old 01-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
And you want every child to be entitled to life by supporting the campaign that bombs the structures in which children live. Are the Iraqi children entitled to this life that you so passionately think American babies are entitled to?
Yes very much so, but War is not always pretty. Casualties happen, it's sad but true...There is such thing as a "greater good" you know!

Sometimes one must use force to gain the peace desired. As we learned yesterday from the protestors.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well we didn't give Hussein a chance to attack us, we got to him first! It’s not a question of IF he was going to attack it was a question of WHEN! He was a threat to his people and took away their rights and repeatedly tortured and killed them, so removing him and attacking his fanatical followers to grant freedom to his citizens he used to dictate...seems a positive to me.
The UN Charter: Article 2(4), Article 51, and Chapter 7.

Old 01-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Lux
Old 01-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Sometimes one must use force to gain the peace desired. As we learned yesterday from the protestors.
Glad you see them for the patriots they are.

Old 01-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Lux
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well no one was decapitating soldiers before we invaded so that's a cyclic argument.

I don't get how threatening a child is a threat to our country, but I'll assume that you mean a larger threat to "humanity." Besides, I'm sure we already killed that child in a mis-directed bomb already anyway.

No personally I feel the approach of carpet bombing them would have been much more effective, just like in World War II.
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Nah...

Quote:
theyre apparently in Iran now since the Bush has yet to rule out attacking Iran in the near future.

To quote a Chris Caffery song:

"More recently the world is more than ever on the eve of God Damn War, Perhaps it is already the dawn..."

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Lux
Old 01-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
So the 12 years since the Gulf War *ended* wasn't enough time to attack America? It was still just a matter of when? All those piles of weapons and that fully functional army he had rigged up......
After Baghdad fell we actually found evidence that he just opened a FedEx account. He was going to FedEx WMDs to us.

Oh...wait...hmmmm...

Well he still could have written us a very nasty e-mail...

Old 01-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
And it's your right to decide that your 'good' should prevail over their 'good'? It's your right to decide that these children shall die for your 'good'? You are not a humanitarian and don't you dare argue about the right to life. How righteous of you to admit that war is not always pretty. What a pity it has to be that way, oh well, life goes on. No it f*cking doesn't. How dare you speak so calmly and accepting of an action that does more than just switch the lifeforce off for people, it blows their heads off, burns them alive, it sends buildings crashing onto them, it kills entire families.
What good is there, when you torture and kill your own citizens, what are we supposed to do...sit ideally by while millions of innocent people are viciously murdered? It’s America's duty, as the largest beacon for freedom, to spread liberty to every nation...do you not agree that every citizen of the world deserves to be free?
Old 01-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What good is there, when you torture and kill your own citizens, what are we supposed to do...sit ideally by while millions of innocent people are viciously murdered? It’s America's duty, as the largest beacon for freedom, to spread liberty to every nation...do you not agree that every citizen of the world deserves to be free?
You have apparently not heard of Sudan.

Old 01-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Lux