The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

[QUOTE=strandinthewind]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Ridiculous argument. Just appallingly ridiculous. To equate plucking a head of lettuce to killing an animal is absurd and you know it . . . .QUOTE]

Ah now who is drawing the severer line - I think it is all life. But, I recognize that we have to kill it (usually) to eat it.
We don't have to torture an animal to eat it.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I try to not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Once again, it is line drawing. I have seen animals slaughtered and have killed more than one out of mercy (which is the hardest thing to do IMO) - so I just am a little more hardened.
be heartless but once I slowed down to 2 MPH (If even that fast) cause a possum was crossing the road and I didnt want splat the lil' sucker so Billy Bob, John Bob & Bob Bob & family would come to scrape him up for their potluck "Roadkill stew", So what did this marsup-a-tard do, He walked right into the hubcap covers on the car and bounced off and went back into the direction it came from...I guess it wanted a closer look at the covers so it could decide if they were reasonable and buy some for it's own '96 Nissan Sentra, Who knows

Kinda cool, But I hear a large pack of coyotes yelping at this moment...Must be in the same pasture where the Buffalo are.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interestingly, almost all meat industries will fight to keep such footage from the public eye. They want everyone to think the meat just appears in the grocery store - again, having been there and seen it happen - it most certainly does not. The animal must be killed and all methods of that are inhumane to some.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You should refrain from buying it if the idea of innocent animals being tortured repels you.
This whole argument is almost pointless because I rarely eat KFC anyway. Do you think the popcorn chicken comes from the tortured chickens

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
This whole argument is almost pointless because I rarely eat KFC anyway. Do you think the popcorn chicken comes from the tortured chickens
All of their chicken does.

Old 01-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
We don't have to torture an animal to eat it.
go to a slaughterhouse one time. Although most use the most humane way, it is still torture. I could be graphic, but will not
Old 01-25-2005, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
go to a slaughterhouse one time. Although most use the most humane way, it is still torture. I could be graphic, but will not
okay. I'll put off that cruise and hit the slaughterhouse..
JK, i get your point.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that's just not a good argument, and you know it.
well, there is a paralell. I get that an animal can feel things as opposed to a plant, though some assert plants can feel as well. My point was it is all life and it takes a subjective line to draw distinctions. But, people rarely admit that and think well, if I eat fish, that is more humane than meat - then there are the veg. are better than all meat, then there is my crazy friend I mentioned earlier. It is all subjective. That is what I was trying to say.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
okay. I'll put off that cruise and hit the slaughterhouse..
JK, i get your point.
with four more - we could be the Slaughterhouse Five

ooooo that was bad
Old 01-25-2005, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why did I come back into this thread while eating spaghetti? Yes, at 12:30 in the morning.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry Actually...

Quote:
try going to a beef packing plant, The like that are located throughout western Kansas (Everyone in my family had worked in those places...But me!!! My opinion on these beef packing plants is they are nuthing but ______ ________ ________!!!!!!)

Before you can be hired they hook a EKG (To monitor pulse rate, etc) to you and let you witness a calf being "humanely put down" to see how you would react...If you react normally they'll hire you in a heartbeat, If you cant handle it there's not job for ya in these companies (They do not want to hire someone who may have a PSYCHOTIC reaction to watching multiple deaths on the killing floor and go home and murder their loved ones.)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-25-2005, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Why did I come back into this thread while eating spaghetti? Yes, at 12:30 in the morning.
Nothing wrong with that.

Old 01-25-2005, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
with four more - we could be the Slaughterhouse Five

ooooo that was bad
oooh, strand. strand.

Old 01-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, and I see a difference between a company that buys from suppliers who kill their livestock in non-violent manners and a company that buys from suppliers who torture their animals. If you don't, fine.

Anyone who eats KFC or buys Yum! products might as well just go out and torture their own chicken. Same goes for IAMS pet food.

I'm not going to sit here and say that I don't somehow support the abuse of animals by some company because we all do. But if I know whats going on, I'm going to stop myself from buying their food or products and I'm going to try to educate and have them get to know their meat. They live and breathe just like us and our pets. You wouldn't throw your dog into a vat of oil while it was alive, don't do it to your food. If you're going to eat it, make sure it didn't suffer. But I get sad and start to cry just by going into pet shops, so what do I know?
Aww, so that's what's behind your scrappy exterior ya big softie . I definitely identify with that, I hate pet stores. I want to take care of all of the little puppies myself when I see them.