User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Wow. Again with the revisionist history. She actually threatened not to tour beyond the 40 dates that had already been booked if they went ahead with a double album. She knew Lindsey needed to make up money on the tour for all the money he would lose on the album (not getting royalties for his extra songs). He ended up having to cave on that one to get the tour going. Then she played it like she couldn't understand why he was so mad-- she wrote about it in You May Be The One on the IYD album. She was in Hawaii and they were fighting long distance

I hear hear the islands calling
I hear angry words
Flying across the ocean
Like some seabirds
Never stopping
I feel my blood racing
Can't believe
what you are saying
I used to love you
so much...

Girlfriend likes to push his buttons and then stand back and be like, "Wow he's so mad, how can I put up with this when all I want is to be happy and dance around my apartment?"
I thought that argument was over the sequencing of the track list? Not the double album/non-double album debate?
Old 05-13-2018, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Oh Daddy

I love this version of "Oh Daddy" which is now playing on the FM station - I would have used this for "Rumours." I also liked hearing Lindsey's thought about not only the song but Christine - a slow-dirge cynical track by the grounded one in the band. Now "I'd Rather Go Blind" is playing - classic Chris!
Old 05-13-2018, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
All that stupid screaming.

I've told the story a million times, but I had the Mirage video(on videotape) in high school. As much as I'd FORCED FM on my friends(and they like most of it), the one agreement we always had was: that I'd fast forward through NTF. Because they HATED it.
yes I think we all have had that exact same scenario happen to us
Although today its amazing to see Christine pound the piano. I really miss her playing. I was listening to the Mac channel this week and they played Rhiannon live 1976 and Don't Let Me Down Again live. Christine was on fire. She had her own little symphony going like crazy. I miss that playing
Old 05-13-2018, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
yes I think we all have had that exact same scenario happen to us
Although today its amazing to see Christine pound the piano. I really miss her playing. I was listening to the Mac channel this week and they played Rhiannon live 1976 and Don't Let Me Down Again live. Christine was on fire. She had her own little symphony going like crazy. I miss that playing
Makes me wonder if she's really not able to do it now? And that really begs the question, is it physical, mental, or both?

At the Nashville BuckVie show, they started a song, and something was wrong(I think it was just a wrong keyboard sound - but they had to restart the song), and her key tech had to come out and push a button for her. Does she not even know how to change patches on her keyboard?
Old 05-13-2018, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Makes me wonder if she's really not able to do it now? And that really begs the question, is it physical, mental, or both?

At the Nashville BuckVie show, they started a song, and something was wrong(I think it was just a wrong keyboard sound - but they had to restart the song), and her key tech had to come out and push a button for her. Does she not even know how to change patches on her keyboard?
It's so weird, the difference between In the Meantime and BuckVie... I mean, she played most stuff on ITM, she did some videos for it and even if she was miming along to the tracks for the videos she was fully articulating like she was really playing, and her voice! It sounds soooo good and so warm and Christine-y on that album, and then I can only guess it's studio muckery done to it on BV.... but then her LIVE vocals on BV tour....wtf? Where did that gorgeous voice go between ITM and BV???
Old 05-13-2018, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
It's so weird, the difference between In the Meantime and BuckVie... I mean, she played most stuff on ITM, she did some videos for it and even if she was miming along to the tracks for the videos she was fully articulating like she was really playing, and her voice! It sounds soooo good and so warm and Christine-y on that album, and then I can only guess it's studio muckery done to it on BV.... but then her LIVE vocals on BV tour....wtf? Where did that gorgeous voice go between ITM and BV???
I know. I guess age has finally caught her. What's weird is that she's the oldest, yet she hang on to her "good" voice longer than Lindsey or the goat. I think that's because she was always more of a "natural singer". The other two didn't really have that. Well, they did until about 35-40, then $tevie went to her 3 note range, and Lindsey took to the yelling.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

I don't know but she barely played anything on Buck/Vie tour. Probably stuff that I can do and I have never played keyboard in a band
Old 05-13-2018, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Listening to Songbird take 10 on Mother's Day. Lovely.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know. I guess age has finally caught her. What's weird is that she's the oldest, yet she hang on to her "good" voice longer than Lindsey or the goat. I think that's because she was always more of a "natural singer". The other two didn't really have that. Well, they did until about 35-40, then $tevie went to her 3 note range, and Lindsey took to the yelling.
I think because her songs were always softer, her voice was always deeper and she used better techniques for persevering her voice when she was younger whereas Stevie and Lindsey had higher voices and screamed a lot when they sang, which sounded great when they were younger but probably not the best way to maintain a voice.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually heard Lindsey today on FM Channel--he intro'd GYOW and talked about hearing it on the radio for the first time and how the DJ made a comment after that he (the DJ) couldn't find the beat.
Heard Neil Finn again--and I know I said it already, but holy hell does he ramble.
They played some deeper stuff from pre S&L which I love, but I am really starting to wonder--the casual fan who is expecting to hear the 11 songs Stevie says the "need to do", when they hear some of the older stuff (should they actually play it) they are going to be running for beers.
Which begs the question.....how many times do you think the set list changes.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Actually heard Lindsey today on FM Channel--he intro'd GYOW and talked about hearing it on the radio for the first time and how the DJ made a comment after that he (the DJ) couldn't find the beat.
Heard Neil Finn again--and I know I said it already, but holy hell does he ramble.
They played some deeper stuff from pre S&L which I love, but I am really starting to wonder--the casual fan who is expecting to hear the 11 songs Stevie says the "need to do", when they hear some of the older stuff (should they actually play it) they are going to be running for beers.

Granted I only listen to the channel when I'm driving, but it seems to me they are playing less pre-B&N stuff. Anyone else notice this?

I think most of the older material will be dropped from the set, except for "Oh Well" and maybe one other song.

Last edited by GypsySorcerer; 05-13-2018 at 09:03 PM..
Old 05-13-2018, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Granted I only listen to the channel when I'm driving, but it seems to me they are playing less pre-B&N stuff. Anyone else notice this?

I think most of the older material will be dropped from the set, except for "Oh Well" and maybe another one other song.
I only listen when driving too--last 2 days I heard quite a bit of Pre BN, but I do agree--old stuff will be dropped and and fans will have the OWTS set list minus some of Lindsey's staples, + Oh Well and some Crowded Heartbreakers tunes.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’d love it if they had a core setlist, but changed up the more obscure stuff every night. I know, laughable…But,’they could do it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-13-2018, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I only listen when driving too--last 2 days I heard quite a bit of Pre BN, but I do agree--old stuff will be dropped and and fans will have the OWTS set list minus some of Lindsey's staples, + Oh Well and some Crowded Heartbreakers tunes.
You can find out every song they have played. http://www.dogstarradio.com/search_x...&ehour=&eampm=
Old 05-13-2018, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I believe(and I could be completely wrong), that they sent GYOW to a few DJs, BEFORE the acoustic guitar part(duh de duh de) was added, and that's to what the DJ was referring.

Then Lindsey added the acoustic part, which really brought it all together, after the DJ's comment.

But that's how I remember it. Your mileage may vary...