The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-20-2018, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Rockaway Blind in Washington DC Warner!!

it was a spectacular show, day and night from Pittsburgh day before. audience standing from the moment Lindsey walked to the stage on. few guitar / pedal mishaps that just added to the raunchy atmosphere. lots of cheering up and support for LB.

to crown it all Washington DC also got Rockaway Blind! so proud this was my hometown show!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 10-20-2018 at 03:09 AM..
Old 10-20-2018, 04:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lucky you! There was a sign for this song in Chicago but he didn't play it. Was still an excellent show tho. Maybe he'll add it for the rest of the tour
Old 10-20-2018, 05:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He played the outro! Isn't this the first time? I hope it stays in the setlist and that he plays it if he records any for a DVD.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

YES!!!

Thank you to those who petitioned for it.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm gobsmacked by Lindsey's voice being in such top form. (And even on this song, right at the very end of a long setlist.)

I also love him playing the wrong chord and saying "Oops" all without missing a beat. Real live music!

And allow me to point out that even in the same week as Lindsey added a song to an already very long, one-man setlist, the four-frontman lineup of Stevie, Christine, Neil and Mike reduced their setlist by one song.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Last night's show in DC was my first seeing Lindsey truly solo (so, not counting two Buck/Vie shows last year) since 2007 in Austin, when he played at a theater that I had classes in at the University of Texas! Happy to report we've both gotten bolder, both gotten older since then.

I don't have much more to add than what's already been said about these shows. His voice is really remarkable, the band sounds great, and he seemed to be really enjoying himself. As Elle alluded to, there was some feedback during Never Going Back Again, and I think some sort of pedal issue that he discovered just before Street of Dreams. But the audience really heaped praise on him in between songs.

The OOTC stuff was what I was looking forward to most and sounds really great, but what surprised me the most was how good the stuff rom Go Insane sounds. Slow Dancing was a highlight for me, as was Go Insane itself (also: does he use a pick for this one? It looked like it broke in his hand, mid song? He kind of made a face and kept going.) I always enjoyed his acoustic version of that song, but I never really liked it when FM played it as a band in 2009. But with this band, it just works. I think he's figured out a way to translate the recordings to the stage -- they sound updated but true to the originals.

I'll add my voice to the chorus of folks praising Jimmy Paxson, too. That guy is killer back there, and based on Lindsey's comments during introductions, he recognizes that, too.

Oh, and I did my part to fill the place last night by getting two of my wife's friends to go with us! They're casual Fleetwood Mac fans, but would never pay the ticket prices they're asking for those arena shows. LB's show was not on their radar, but they were really glad they went -- loved it! And my wife surprised me by saying her two favorites were Shut Us Down ("I like the beat," lol) and "Rockaway Blind." She's got good taste!

Looking forward to my front row seat to the York show next month!!!
Old 10-20-2018, 11:59 AM
Ledgie

Truly amazing. Wow. Thanks for this.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Lucky you! There was a sign for this song in Chicago but he didn't play it. Was still an excellent show tho. Maybe he'll add it for the rest of the tour
you never know but don't think he will. i think you need to work on him and ask for it and then he might do it, like he did here and there during One Man shows in 2012. (apparently he thinks 2012 was 3 years ago ). also, his shows ends about 5 minutes to 11 pm, and most venues have a curfew and charge performers if they go over 11, so that plays a role too, i think. several of us worked pretty hard on him at the m&g before the show to convince him to do it and at the end of it he said he will see what he can do but no promises. so it was fantastic that not only it was back but that he actually did the outro - FIRST TIME EVER live!!

here he is addressing "Fleetwood who?" shouts from the crowd. classy and zen as usual.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-20-2018, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He really seems content with the situation. Some people have the knack for stepping back and viewing it from the outside almost. Can't say I'm always capable of that---it's a quality I admire. In Chicago he was super positive and got a lotta love from the fans. I'm going to 2 more shows

We were going to get a FM/Solo LB tour and then all hell broke loose. We still ended up with a somewhat FM/Solo LB tour---isn't that weird! I was telling my sister about my M&G and Lindsey's show. She wanted to know if it felt strange because of all the goings on. I said no cause as a fan of his solo stuff I've moved on. The anthology and the tour definitely help with the moving on process but even so I've always liked his solo work so there's no diff. He'll put on a great show no matter what and I'm going to rock out no matter what.

On the other hand, the life long FM fan inside me is still wounded...... I've got a permanent scar.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Old 10-23-2018, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-23-2018, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default review

https://parklifedc.com/2018/10/23/mu...atre-10-19-18/

Music Park: Lindsey Buckingham @ Warner Theatre — 10/19/18

Posted on 10/23/2018 by Chris R. Smyth

Lindsey Buckingham performs at Revolution Hall in Portland, Oregon, on Oct. 7, 2018. (Photo by Raph_PH)

Upon the stage of the gorgeous Warner Theatre, singer and guitar virtuoso Lindsey Buckingham performed songs spanning a career dating back to the 1970s. Touring in support of his new multi-disc greatest hits record, Solo Anthology: The Best Of Lindsey Buckingham, Lindsey played a two-hour set to a crowd of feverish baby boomers.

The quiet and intimacy of the Warner Theatre emboldened the fans in attendance, with repeated screams of “I love you, Lindsey” in between songs, as well as one woman’s cry for Buckingham to “Give me all your babies!” Lindsey took multiple opportunities to talk to the crowd, and at one point made the tongue in cheek statement that “We are here tonight for a number of reasons,” eliciting a round of laughter from the fans who were acutely aware of Lindsey’s exodus from Fleetwood Mac as well as the news reports that he is now suing his former bandmates.

Lindsey focused most of the set on songs from his solo career. Beginning the night with “Don’t Look Down,” the opening track to his 19992 album, Out of the Cradle, the song was a perfect start, as the song begins with a very intricate solo which shows off Lindsey best qualities as a guitarist.

Stream Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham on Spotify:

Lindsey’s signature style of fingerpicking allows him the ability to play the guitar in a way that very few players can. The use of all five fingers on his right hand to individually pluck the strings gives Lindsey a style that essentially allows him to play both rhythm and lead guitar simultaneously, which was beautifully showcased in the performances of the song “What Am I Doing?” and the final song of the night, “Rock Away Blind.”

The seated venue was not an issue for those who wanted to dance as people took to the isles to dance along to hits like “Go Insane,” “Doing What I Can,” and “I Must Go.”

While the audience showed their solidarity for Lindsey with shouts against his former Fleetwood Mac band members and calls of “Fleetwood Who?,” the fans still held some of their biggest cheers for when a Fleetwood Mac song was played. Just shy of one hour into the set Lindsey played the folksy “Never Going Back Again” off Fleetwood Mac’s most famous record, Rumours.

The songs “Big Love” and “Tusk” had everyone on their feet, and people were running to the stage as Lindsey screamed the chorus to “Go Your Own Way,” because in a fun act of fan interaction Lindsey kept leaning into the crowd and allowing everyone to smack the strings and neck of his guitar, adding feedback and distortion to the fast tempo song, and giving the fans an experience that would not be possible if he were high up on an arena stage.

Lindsey continues to tour North America through November. Catch him for an the experience of an arena and the intimacy of a showman.

Old 10-23-2018, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default setlist

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/linds...-6b96fa82.html

song played from tape: Peacekeeper (Fleetwood Mac song)

Don't Look Down
Go Insane
Surrender the Rain
Not Too Late
Doing What I Can
Trouble
I Must Go
Street of Dreams
Shut Us Down
Never Going Back Again (Fleetwood Mac song)
Big Love (Fleetwood Mac song)
In Our Own Time
Slow Dancing
Soul Drifter
Holiday Road
Tusk (Fleetwood Mac song)
I'm So Afraid (Fleetwood Mac song)
Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac song)

Encore:
Turn It On
(followed by band introductions)
Down on Rodeo
Treason
Rock Away Blind (by request, Lindsey solo)

Old 10-25-2018, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default another DC review

https://ontaponline.com/photos/linds...ional-theatre/

(there are bunch of photos at the link, too)

On Tap Magazine
Eat & Drink
Lifestyle
Music
Sports
Stage & Screen
Calendar
Photos
<< Return to Albums
Lindsey Buckingham at National Theatre
“We love you, Lindsey!”

“Fleetwood who!?

“I’ll have all your babies!”

Although Lindsey Buckingham’s show at the Warner Theatre on October 19 wasn’t quite sold out, those in attendance showered love and support for Fleetwood Mac’s former singer, songwriter and lead guitarist extraordinaire. Performing songs from a catalog going back 35 years, both from solo work as well as his days with Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham turned in a stellar and moving performance.

The concert opened quickly with “Don’t Look Down,” “Go Insane” and “Surrender in the Rain.” But soon enough, Buckingham addressed the matter on everybody’s mind: his recent, and untimely, ousting from Fleetwood Mac, saying slyly “one of the reasons” for this tour was because Warner Brothers had asked him to put together a compilation of his solo work.

“Although I’ve never been one to look back, this was an opportunity to examine a body of work that’s stood up pretty well, and perform some songs we’ve never done live.”

Most fans are now well aware of the controversial and acrimonious aspects of Buckingham’s departure from his former band, but he was in a generous and contemplative mood, saying the situation should be viewed with compassion.

For the man who wrote, arguably, the angriest break-up song ever, “Go Your Own Way,” I found Buckingham’s philosophical attitude revealing, and something to aspire to. Addressing the break-up early on may also have been Buckingham’s way of getting the “unpleasantness,” out of the way so we could concentrate on the music.

After years of performing, Buckingham is an expert at pacing a concert. The first third of the 22-song set was generally fast-paced, up-tempo material culminating with the mega-hit, “Trouble,” from his 1981 debut solo album Law and Order.

The concert’s middle section began with a few solo acoustic numbers before seguing back to lesser known, quirkier pop tunes, including the evening’s first Fleetwood Mac songs.

The slower music demonstrated the breadth and width of Buckingham’s songwriting abilities. Contrasting light melody “Slow Dancing,” with the stunning, deep and dark “Street of Dreams,” the artist’s songwriting mastery was obvious.

“Tusk,” signaled the final third of the performance, its heavy percussion urging the audience to its feet. The Fleetwood Mac slow-burner “I’m So Afraid,” climaxed in a jaw-dropping Buckingham guitar solo. He has a truly unique guitar playing style that uses a combination of finger picking and strumming to perform his solos, a technique that affords incredible range, versatility and intensity.

The finale, “Go Your Own Way,” with its incredible guitar solo, was the one song many of us, including me, was there to hear, and it was awesome.

The three-song encore began with “Turn it On,” followed by a stunning “Down on Rodeo.” The surprise, spontaneous final encore, a sublime “Rockaway Blind,” was performed solo acoustic for a “few friends” in the crowd. After profusely thanking the audience, as he’d done repeatedly throughout the night, Buckingham was finished, and the adoring audience went home, deliriously happy.

Photos/write-up: Mark Caicedo