User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I was there. Nobody said anything about the lawsuit.

Quit believing everything you read on social media.
I didn’t believe it! I asked what happened to clarify. There was a post above that seemed to indicate that something was said.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
According to Alicia Bailey who attended this performance, Storms and Hypnotized were cut from the set and replaced with nothing.
That's a HUGE bummer. I have a feeling those are gone for good. I love Hypnotized too...
Old 10-17-2018, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
That's a HUGE bummer. I have a feeling those are gone for good. I love Hypnotized too...
Let's hope not. Maybe just a temporary issue of some sort.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

5 ways Fleetwood Mac gave Indianapolis a career overview plus a bit of Tom Petty closure
Fleetwood Mac was a blues-rock act of some renown before Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks joined the band in 1974.

Featuring vocalist-guitarist Peter Green, Fleetwood Mac crafted "Black Magic Woman" (later a signature hit for Santana) and "Oh Well" (a scorched-earth jam Tom Petty frequently covered).

The band played "Black Magic Woman," "Oh Well" and a wealth of hits from the Buckingham-Nicks era Tuesday at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, giving a packed house the long view of Fleetwood Mac's 51-year career.

Green left the lineup in 1970 and vocalist-guitarist Buckingham was disinvited to participate in Fleetwood Mac activities six months before the current tour launched two weeks ago in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Concert recap: Symphonic night celebrates the music of Prince

Restaurant news: Here are the plans for the former Applebee's in Broad Ripple

The Buckingham absence is awkward at best (he sued the band for $12 million), but the rock 'n' roll professionals of Fleetwood Mac aren't limping toward the finish line — or bank — without him. The group reloaded with vocalist Neil Finn (of Crowded House) and guitarist Mike Campbell (of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers).

If listeners are willing to buy into the idea of the Fleetwood Mac brand being bigger than any one member, the new-look lineup is a formidable crew that masters the spectrum from Christine McVie's delicate pop to the darkened-corner raunch Green left behind.

(History shows Fleetwood Mac has soldiered on after Buckingham, Nicks and Christine McVie dropped out at various times. Campbell told Tuesday's audience Fleetwood Mac would cease to exist, however, without drummer Mick Fleetwood).

Check out five ways Fleetwood Mac framed its performance as a career overview and also gave Indianapolis a measure of closure following Petty's 2017 death:

1. This feels familiar
The band signaled its "all for one" approach during opening number "The Chain," when a large video screen was divided into six equal parts showing Nicks, Fleetwood, Finn, Campbell, Christine McVie and bass player John McVie. The song's middle section featured a spotlight on Fleetwood and John McVie, a bit of "fan service" in the tradition of modern "Star Wars" films that give viewers familiar and comforting scenes. The band is named for Fleetwood and McVie, who have played music together since a stint in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers in 1967.

Finn's voice rang true as a substitute for Buckingham's on "The Chain," while Campbell's first guitar solo of the night was relatively subdued. "The Chain" stands as an archetype of Buckingham's dual-threat abilities.

Later, Christine McVie's vocals on "You Make Loving Fun" represented a '70s FM radio flashback with Campbell sailing a melodic single-line solo high above the fray. And countless smartphones sprang into action to document "Rhiannon" — a Nicks highlight accented by Fleetwood's earthy percussion at the song's conclusion.

2. Last dance with TP
It’s difficult to overstate the presence of Tom Petty in Tuesday’s show. Indianapolis music fans, who somehow never completely warmed to Bruce Springsteen and have grown fickle even toward Hoosier Rock and Roll Hall of Famer John Mellencamp, absolutely loved Petty.

“We have an Indiana crowd on an Indiana night,” Campbell said Tuesday to thunderous cheers. He took vocal duties on “Oh Well,” and Nicks — who collaborated with Petty on the songs “Stop Draggin' My Heart Around,” “Insider,” "I Will Run to You" and a cover of Jackie DeShannon's “Needles and Pins” — sang a rendition of “Free Fallin’ ” to begin the show’s encore.

Although it would be easy to pick a more imaginative and/or rewarding song for this tribute, the series of photos featuring Petty, Nicks and Campbell on the video screen added up to an emotional wallop.

3. ‘Songbird’ Christine
Introduced by Fleetwood as the band's "songbird," Christine McVie aced a rendition of "Everywhere." The 1987 song is an example of her breezy, bittersweet sensibility that thrived without conforming to pop trends. She paid tribute to late Fleetwood Mac member Danny Kirwan with his "Tell Me All the Things You Do," a 1970 tie-dye jam that found Campbell dueling with Christine's keyboard to great roadhouse effect.

4. ‘Eternal romantic’ Nicks
Introduced by Fleetwood as the band's "eternal romantic," Nicks brought down the house with "Gold Dust Woman." With a giant voice casting its spell, this was Nicks mythology in the flesh. "Black Magic Woman," meanwhile, may be the great missed opportunity across decades of Fleetwood Mac performances. Admitting she previously assumed Carlos Santana wrote the song, Nicks then inhabited "Black Magic Woman" with the gusto she brings to witchy roles in TV shows created by Indianapolis native Ryan Murphy.

5. The ‘new guys’
Here's where we tackle the "How do they sound without Buckingham?" question. On guitar, Campbell vs. Buckingham is a matter of personal preference. Campbell gravitates to a muscular, more conventional rock style when compared to Buckingham's acoustic-meets-electric tone. Either way, Campbell's performance on "Go Your Own Way" in Indianapolis was one for the ages. Finn's vocals may be a bigger challenge for Buckingham loyalists to accept. He can't summon years of love/hate chemistry with Nicks because it didn't happen. To his credit, Finn attacked "Second Hand News" with rapid skiffle pacing, and his Down Under roots elevated "World Turning" into an Outback hootenanny.

https://www.indystar.com/story/enter...re/1646272002/
Old 10-17-2018, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gold Dust Woman

https://youtu.be/N-P99Q73URk
Old 10-17-2018, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
his Down Under roots elevated "World Turning" into an Outback hootenanny
What the...
Old 10-17-2018, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, another really positive review! It seems like people who see the shows are having a blast, regardless of what happened behind the scenes. I'm glad to see Christine getting some love, too.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

Oh Well:
https://youtu.be/zDXReVVznkQ

Fleetwood Mac Opener:
https://youtu.be/bZyYwyfm1XM

Go Your Own Way:
https://youtu.be/QDaP035rBcg

Landslide:
https://youtu.be/kGCTimq69IA

Black Magic Woman:
https://youtu.be/zzaXtk4t-wQ

Don't Dream It's Over:
https://youtu.be/MbVl-AnQrxo
Old 10-17-2018, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
They skipped All Over Again in Grand Rapids, but it was back for Louisville. I was disappointed Hypnotized was skipped.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-20-2018, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Review: Fleetwood Mac at Bankers Life
Iconic band impresses with Buckingham-less lineup

Few bands have a history as interesting as Fleetwood Mac.

The band’s current tour marks yet another chapter of intrigue, as Lindsey Buckingham is no longer in the lineup. In his absence, Fleetwood Mac is digging back into their 50-year-old catalog with the help of Mike Campbell on guitar and Neil Finn on rhythm guitar/vocals. Together, the star-studded pairing did a more than adequate job of filling in for Buckingham at their show in Indy, while also adding a bit of their own flavor to the band’s age-old classics.

Fleetwood Mac stopped by Bankers Life Fieldhouse for the seventh show of their current Buckingham-less tour on Tuesday, Oct. 16. The band kicked things off with a bang, opening the set with the 1977 Rumours standby “The Chain.” This was followed by their ‘80s-tastic single “Little Lies” and the eternal Rumours hit “Dreams.”

Throughout the set, Fleetwood Mac intermingled some older Peter Green-era material into the mix. This was capped off with “Black Magic Woman,” with Stevie Nicks mentioning how Fleetwood Mac was the real band responsible for the rock ’n’ roll staple. Another Peter Green-inspired highlight included a raucous rendition of 1969’s “Oh Well,” with Campbell excitedly leading the way on vocals and guitar for the song. This decision from the band made perfect sense, being that Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were also known for covering the Fleetwood Mac throwback from time to time.

Over the course of the evening, Fleetwood Mac made sure to honor the past work of both of Campbell and Finn. In Finn’s case, this included covers of “Don’t Dream It’s Over” by Crowded House and “I Got You” by Split Enz. As for Campbell, Nicks led the band in a tear-jerking cover of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers’ “Free Fallin’,” as images of Petty showed on the big screen.

To close out the evening, McVie and Nicks sang the 1995 Fleetwood Mac song “All Over Again” in unison. After the whole band had taken its final bow, drummer Mick Fleetwood stuck around to thank fans one final time. Before sending them off into the streets of Downtown Indy, the always-exuberant Fleetwood urged the remains crowd to be kind to one another in the “increasingly strange world we seem to be living in.”

The message was delightful to hear and one that would have certainly made Tom Petty himself proud.

Slideshow: Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac stops at Bankers Life Fieldhouse with their An Evening with Fleetwood Mac Tour on Tuesday, Oct. 16. (Credit: Haley Ward)

https://www.nuvo.net/music/review-fl...9a402940c.html
Old 10-20-2018, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Storms and Hypnotized are the 2 best songs played this tour.
Removing them is a mistake. But I understand why they did it. The casual fans do not know these songs. There are already too many songs the audience does not know and they are probably getting vibes the crowd is not into it.
Its sad but the Mac has lots of very casual fans that mostly worship Stevie.