Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Registered

Default Julia & SVTV 2

So now we know "Julia" was cut from the 24K gold list. We still don't know if she tried recording it, but we know it was on her "list".

Q
"Your new album is amazing and I'm thrilled with the song selection. I do have one question -- do you have any plans to re-record "Julia" sometime in the future? It's long been a fan favorite, and many of us were very surprised you didn't include it on 24 Karat Gold."

A
It was on the original list. It's kind of like why the songs that DID make the record didn't make it back in '75. You have to start cutting songs. When I do '24 Karat Gold- Part 2 Songs from the Vault,' Julie will definitely be on it!

Will she have time to record another album? Maybe after the FM tour she'll do another Nashville record and release it while she's on her solo tour! And yay for Julia!
Old 11-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was glad to see the mention of a Vol. 2 as well! If "At The Fair" and "What Has Rock & Roll Ever Done For You" don't show up on the Fleetwood Mac album, I'm pretty sure they would make it on to a second edition of VAULT!
Old 11-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe she will round up Lindsey and the Mac to rerecord "Wildheart" like the dressingroom demo with "Cant Go Back". for the second 24K.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since 24 Karat Gold was Stevie's last record for Warner Bros., I wonder if they will renew her contract or if she even wants a new recording contract with them.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Since 24 Karat Gold was Stevie's last record for Warner Bros., I wonder if they will renew her contract or if she even wants a new recording contract with them.
Maybe she will move on and go indy.

The only good thing with WB is wide distribution.

The Mac has been married to WB for over 40 plus years I'll be surprised if they divorce .

Old 11-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
I don't see Stevie signing another big (5 record obligation) recording contract at this point in her career. I could see her signing a 1, or 2 off recording obligation that tied in another studio album with a compilation release aftwards. Stevie seems to have a good relationship with the WBR studio heads, plus, she's a legendary act/icon. So I can see Stevie doing another "Songs From The Vault 2" quickly if she really wants to. Most everyone here knows she has more than enough high quality songs still left to easily fill 12-16 solid songs on future release, and then some.
She's still hoarding the sacred "Rhiannon" songs (Forest Of The Black Roses, Forsaken Love, Maker Of Birds) by 2016 she may be ready to let those be recorded alongside the likes of "Chanel, Chanel, China Doll, Christian, All The Kings Horses, The Charmed Ones, Something Exquisite, You Like Me, Space Needle, Have No Heart, Love and War, Night Gallery, Sanctuary, She Calls Him Missing, Joan Of Arc, At The Fair, etc., and on & on...

Last edited by Christopher; 11-06-2014 at 01:03 PM..
Old 11-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can you imagine Julia or Joan of Arc produced by the 24k gang? They would end up terrific! If they can make Starshine and 24k work, I'm sure those song would be stellar.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Maybe she will round up Lindsey and the Mac to rerecord "Wildheart" like the dressingroom demo with "Cant Go Back". for the second 24K.
I would love for them to do it, mashup style. I think the lyrics can go great as a call and response type thing. "She was just a dream maker, dreamer of sighs, shadow on the one who used to cry" and "where is the reason, don't blame it on me, blame it on my wild heart". Soooo good together.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:08 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Can you imagine Julia or Joan of Arc produced by the 24k gang? They would end up terrific! If they can make Starshine and 24k work, I'm sure those song would be stellar.
God, they would murder Joan of Arc. The Tango version is perfection, she's be mad to touch it.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces View Post
I would love for them to do it, mashup style. I think the lyrics can go great as a call and response type thing. "She was just a dream maker, dreamer of sighs, shadow on the one who used to cry" and "where is the reason, don't blame it on me, blame it on my wild heart". Soooo good together.
Yes I agree.That sounds great .The dressing room demo sticks into my head then the studio cut.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:55 PM
Junior Ledgie

I would kill to see Mirror Mirror, the wild youtube demo, finally get a true home, with a little cleaning up it would be an EPIC song, even a title track...
Mirror Mirror: Songs From the Vault 2!
The guitar in that song gets me going man
Old 11-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
don't even go there
I need Joan to be a Mac song though

i just want Something Exquisite and Have No Heart and Prettiest Girl and Space Needle
please and thank you

ps - i second the Mirror Mirror redo ... it needs more exposure
Old 11-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn It On View Post
God, they would murder Joan of Arc. The Tango version is perfection, she's be mad to touch it.
This is how I feel about "Julia". All the Bella Donna session versions (especially take 9, for me) is PERFECTION!!! So when I heard that it was the one song they recorded but left off of "24 Karat Gold", I breathed a sigh of relief, assuming they dropped it because they couldn't make it as good as the original versions.

But then she says that she will revisit it for SFTV part 2...and once again, I get extremely nervous. Can she TRULY outdo the masterful artistry that was the original? Maybe?

I was really afraid that ATBW and IYWML wouldn't measure up to their original counterparts...but she proved me wrong there, so who knows? Different strokes for different folks!

SFTV part 2 will be another exciting project for us to look forward to! If I were to venture a guess, I'm thinking it will be a late 2016 or early to mid 2017 release on that one. I don't care which songs she revisits, as long as they are great, like most of this record is.

However, now that all my favorite demos have been recorded on EVERY project of hers from TISL, SYW, IYD and 24KG, there are only 2 left from my personal TOP 10 Stevie demos, and they are "Night Gallery" and "Forsaken Love". Both of these need to end up on some sort of project, whether solo or with Fleetwood Mac before she retires...or else I will die an unhappy, incomplete man! LOL! I feel there's a lot of hope for "Night Gallery" but unless the Rhiannon project get manifested in some form or fashion, I don't think "Forsaken Love" has a chance, which is sad. Although, she did let "Blue Water" see the light of day and it was from the "Goldfish/Ladybug" project apparently, even though we didn't know.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love for her to do Castaway. It's the one song of hers that doesn't have some emotional connection to me but I play constantly because it's so much fun to listen to and to sing along to. But I wouldn't want to Nashville treatment, I'd want Dave Stewart to be all over it.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightback818 View Post
I would kill to see Mirror Mirror, the wild youtube demo, finally get a true home, with a little cleaning up it would be an EPIC song, even a title track...
Mirror Mirror: Songs From the Vault 2!
The guitar in that song gets me going man
I was listening to this song the other day and thought the same thing.

If she does indeed do SFTV 2 I really hope Julia is on it. As well as: Cecilia, All The King's Horses, Forsaken Love and Sanctuary.