The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I missed all the Stevie-Mick-Christine fun as they were pretty much leaving as I arrived and surrounded by paparazzi leaches, but I had a wonderful time listening to the terrific album in the milieu of the fascinating photographs. Long story-short--the pics reminded me of Jack Smith's work--ornate, kitschy, personal--but not as gay as Jack Smith obviously.

Dave Stewart was there all night and I stupidly forgot to butt into his flirting with middle-aged females to talk to him about the Alphaville sessions

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Oh my goodness this pic is stunning. I absolutely love it.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
**whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipped**
5pm?
weeeeeellllll……..speaking from experience, married people often use their spouses and/or children as convenient excuses to get out of doing things they themselves do not want to do. Kinda throwing your spouse under the bus, letting them come off as the bad cop so you can be the good cop.

My bet is he really had no interest in promoting a bunch of Stevie's selfies, and given that she wants Dave to take some of his turf and produce at least her stuff on a new Mac album, I would totally understand if Linds had no real ache to hang with Stevie and Dave. That would also look bad from a politics position-- like somehow he's open to having Dave work on her stuff on the next album.

Not shocked on all counts that he wasn't there.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Ahhh, it looks like Stevie wore something new to the gallery.......this is weird.
Unbelievable! Did she have this dress welded to her body? It's getting really freaky. It's like she has become a living hologram; just insert her anywhere, in any situation. The image is always all the same, all the same, all the same...Rhiannon.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:48 AM
PenguinHead
This message has been deleted by PenguinHead. Reason: double vision
Old 10-10-2014, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
So I take it that Lindsey decided not go?
I assume Lindsey and John had no interest in bathing in Stevie's self-indulgent limelight. I can understand that. Mick and Christine are more social creatures, so they were good sports for making the appearance and showing their support. Is that Stevie's dog that Christine is holding?
Old 10-10-2014, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
My bet is he really had no interest in promoting a bunch of Stevie's selfies, and given that she wants Dave to take some of his turf and produce at least her stuff on a new Mac album, I would totally understand if Linds had no real ache to hang with Stevie and Dave. That would also look bad from a politics position-- like somehow he's open to having Dave work on her stuff on the next album.
That's a lot of broad assumptions. Could Lindsey's and John's absence just be because they weren't interested about participating in the event? They weren't obligated to be there. Neither were Mick or Christine; the big difference with them is that they are more social creatures, more inclined to attend these kind of things.I don't think there was any political agenda at play; Lindsey and John simply just didn't give a sh*t about it. This was about her solo career, not theirs.

We have no idea of any involvement Dave might have in Fleetwood Mac's pending album. If he is involved in any way, I don't think it will be as segmented as Christine's participation was with the Time album. That seems to be what you are inferring. I do understand why you would have those concerns.

In the best case scenario , Dave would serve as a co-producer for the whole album (not just Stevie's three or four songs), and relieve Lindsey of half the burden and responsibility. In theory, Lindsey might go along with that. But he has become a bit a of a control freak of sorts, so that may be hard for him. Do we have any idea of his relationship with Dave. I assume at least there is mutual respect between them.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-10-2014 at 02:54 AM..
Old 10-10-2014, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
That's a lot of broad assumptions. Could Lindsey's and John's absence just be because they weren't interested about participating in the event? They weren't obligated to be there. Neither were Mick or Christine; the big difference with them is that they are more social creatures, more inclined to attend these kind of things.I don't think there was any political agenda at play; Lindsey and John simply just didn't give a sh*t about it. This was about her solo career, not theirs.

We have no idea of any involvement Dave might have in Fleetwood Mac's pending album. If he is involved in any way, I don't think it will be as segmented as Christine's participation was with the Time album. That seems to be what you are inferring. I do understand why you would have those concerns.

In the best case scenario , Dave would serve as a co-producer for the whole album (not just Stevie's three or four songs), and relieve Lindsey of half the burden and responsibility. In theory, Lindsey might go along with that. But he has become a bit a of a control freak of sorts, so that may be hard for him. Do we have any idea of his relationship with Dave. I assume at least there is mutual respect between them.
After this album, they may rethink doing another album.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Do we have any idea of his relationship with Dave. I assume at least there is mutual respect between them.
Well, Lindsey's answered a question by him before.

ROCKLINE - 27th August 2008

Dave Stewart joined us last week and, of course, Dave did several albums with Annie Lennox of Eurythmics fame and, um, they had their own situation. So here’s the question he left for Lindsey.

D: Hi Lindsey. This is Dave Stewart from Eurythmics and I think we’ve both shared a similar experience. How is it for you being with somebody and living with somebody who you were in love with and then breaking up and then still being in a band together?

Interviewer: You do have a common experience. *laughs*

L: Oh yeaaaah. *clears throat* Well, you know, that was, uh, a, it was something that defined not only, uh, Fleetwood Mac as a band and to some degree the appeal - You know, that you had these two couples who were breaking up and were somehow rising above that to do what had to be done. But it, you know, on a personal level it was difficult for a number of years because there were never really any time to get closure. Um, you, this person that was, that had moved away from you and that, from whom you had moved away from, was someone you saw every day, and someone you had to try and find your better self on a daily basis for, in terms of producing and - this is similar to Dave’s situation too - and to do the right thing for her as opposed to maybe, uh, a more selfish or petty thing. Um, and all of that, I think, left, uh, a certain amount of residue emotionally for a number of years. Uh, I think what happened, uh, was that I tended to focus very heavily on the music, uh, and the rest of my life was kind of closed off and, and it was a fairly narrow focused, you know, existence which was focused only on the music. And it was really only when I was, uh, given the gift of meeting my wife and having children that all of that started to unfold and the walls started to come down. So it was a long road, you know, sort of moving on from some of that. It was not easy.

-

And Linds mentioned Dave off his own steam way back when promoting the Unleashed tour...

How far along are you in planning a new Fleetwood Mac album?

We aren't far along in any specific sense. My mantra is to work on my dynamic with Stevie. She was a little uncomfortable when we got on the road last time, for whatever reason. Part of it was that she missed Christine, part of it was that I was getting 50 percent of the face time onstage and she wasn't used to having a guy get all that space. I think it threw her context out a little. So this time around I am very much wanting to make everyone as comfortable as possible and have that be the most important thing. But we have discussed, when this tour is done, going into the studio. The only specific we know is that we are leaning toward finding an outside producer. I think it would help to have an overviewer. It was pretty hard taking the reins last time. Not so much with the music but with the band politics.

Have any producers in mind?

We had a short a list, but I have no idea. We've talked about everyone from Daniel Lanois to Dave Stewart to Rick Rubin. That pretty much runs the gamut of approaches. We have to meet with a few people and see how it feels.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-10-2014, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Look at these adorable people:

This picture is amazing!!! Lovely, happy people
Old 10-10-2014, 04:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I assume Lindsey and John had no interest in bathing in Stevie's self-indulgent limelight. I can understand that. Mick and Christine are more social creatures, so they were good sports for making the appearance and showing their support. Is that Stevie's dog that Christine is holding?
Yes I can see why Lindsey and John would have absolutely no interest in this whatsoever. Mick and Christine seem to like supporting Stevie - they also accompanied her to the "In Your Dreams" screening in London.

I was wondering about the dog too. Isn't Stevie's new dog a Yorkshire terrier called Mana? Could this be her?
Old 10-10-2014, 05:45 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurarox View Post
I wonder if people are buying?
Not if she's ignoring them and not schmoozing
Old 10-10-2014, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I was wondering about the dog too. Isn't Stevie's new dog a Yorkshire terrier called Mana? Could this be her?
The dog Christine is holding is not a Yorkie.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Not if she's ignoring them and not schmoozing

I agree. She needed to work the room and get people excited about purchasing her art.

I know selfies are really "in" right now, but this project just seems kinda vain to me. I see Dave Stewart's influence all over this. I know many fans love him. He creeps me out.

I would have preferred she took a bunch of her own paintings and displayed those. I imagine it is very hard for Stevie to let go of them, but her fans would love to have her artwork hanging in their homes.

The other thing is she keeps putting off so many projects, like the Rhiannon movie...it surprises me that after all her comments about facing her own mortality after her mother died suddenly that she wouldn't be more receptive to getting many these projects that she has been talking about for 30 years rolling knowing she could drop at any time.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
weeeeeellllll……..speaking from experience, married people often use their spouses and/or children as convenient excuses to get out of doing things they themselves do not want to do. Kinda throwing your spouse under the bus, letting them come off as the bad cop so you can be the good cop.

Not shocked on all counts that he wasn't there.

Christine and Mick don't have a problem hanging with Stevie and Dave at an event orchestrated by Dave for Stevie during an FM tour what does that say about band politics? Perhaps MF & CM welcome Dave's involvement on the next record.

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 10-10-2014 at 07:01 AM..
Old 10-10-2014, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
As a cat and dog person, this melts my heart:

I'll be posting more pictures on my blog if anyone's interested.
I just love this picture. It looks like it may be one of Christine's dogs. She has two 15 year old Lhasa Apsos. This adorable dog is definitely not a Yorkie.