User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2014, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I've finally got my hands on some SoundScan figures and 24 Karat Gold ~ Songs from the Vault lands at #83 this week on the Billboard 200 with sales of 5,187. This is a 33% increase in sales from last week and is due to the promotion it received last week.

The albums total US sales now stand at 58,281.

I suspect the album has sold another 20k or so worldwide with nearly 10k coming from the UK.

I'll let you know the exact sales next week if I get hold of the SoundScan figures. I suspect the album will take a beating on Thursdays chart and will probably be around #150 or so.

Well at least the album saw another week within the top 100!
So about 80K total so far. She will certainly pass the 100K mark at some point soon.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
So about 80K total so far. She will certainly pass the 100K mark at some point soon.
She's sold 58k in the US and 9k in the UK so I suspect the album is not far off 80k worldwide.

The album does need to stay on the Billboard 200 for a while longer for the album to reach 100k as the album has disappeared off every other chart, so that's where the only new sales are coming from.

Personally I think the album will drop considerably on Thursday to around #150 or so and then it'll cling on the week after and I think that'll be it.

I hope my prediction is wrong and the Christmas buyers will snap it up but I think that may just be a bit optimistic!
Old 11-16-2014, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She's sold 58k in the US and 9k in the UK so I suspect the album is not far off 80k worldwide.

The album does need to stay on the Billboard 200 for a while longer for the album to reach 100k as the album has disappeared off every other chart, so that's where the only new sales are coming from.

Personally I think the album will drop considerably on Thursday to around #150 or so and then it'll cling on the week after and I think that'll be it.

I hope my prediction is wrong and the Christmas buyers will snap it up but I think that may just be a bit optimistic!
Well count on around 3 more copies sold for Christmas. I know a bunch of people with the Vinyl on their christmas list! So… 80,003!
Old 11-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I gotta say that this just seems so out of whack with the numbers that On With the Show is generating. I get that all but the most fanatic are there to hear Rumours in its entirety but still, no interest in hearing what else Stevie has up her sleeve, which challenges what most perceive as a pretty sparse catalogue. A record like this should be at 250 K minimum by now. Stevie's right after all, the music industry really has changed.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the album will drop considerably on Thursday to around #150 or so and then it'll cling on the week after and I think that'll be it.
Well that was a pretty good guess! 24 Karat Gold ~ Songs from the Vault is at #151 this week with sales of 3,135, dropping a whopping but expected 68 places from #83 last week.

The albums total US sales now stand at 61,416.

This is likely due to the fact that the albums short promotional run has ended.

Now that I seem to be on a roll with the prediction thing, I think it'll be at around #180 next week. We'll see!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Anything is possible but remember Landslide was on an album that sold 5,000,000 copies.
Landslide also didn't have the power of the internet or social media to promote it. Tit for tat. It's more about the quality of the music, timing, and power tracking it to an audience. Landslide didn't garner its' status until the hugely popular Dixie Chicks covered the song and it also got exposure on the second coming of FM via The Dance Reunion on MTV. Just saying, you never know when or how one of these tracks from 24 Karat Gold might take off, regardless of the sales of today. Most importantly it's music that's out there for the world to hear, quietly or loudly. It's not about sales, it's about art.
I would think and hope Stevie has realized this now, especially at this point in her life.

Last edited by jwd; 11-20-2014 at 08:07 PM..
Old 11-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Uh....okay...
Old 11-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well that was a pretty good guess! 24 Karat Gold ~ Songs from the Vault is at #151 this week with sales of 3,135, dropping a whopping but expected 68 places from #83 last week.

Now that I seem to be on a roll with the prediction thing, I think it'll be at around #180 next week. We'll see!
Thanks very much for these numbers the album is still experiencing a trickle of sales. I fully expect to see six digits at some point..
Old 11-21-2014, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I still think this a fan only completion so 61,416 sold are true Stevie fans got their copies.

We love you Stevie and thank you!.......

And dont forget about how many of us bought multiple copies of 24K.

The regular Moe,Joe and Mary music fan probably wont bother with it.

Some fans will be receiving 24K as gifts for Christmas and Hanukkah this year.It should spike again after Thanksgiving.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-27-2014, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Unfortunately, this time I was wrong. The album has dropped off the Billboard 200 completely this week after just 6 weeks on the chart.

It is however at #166 on the Current Albums chart but it is still a giant drop from last week where it was at #117 on that chart.

Due to the fact that it no longer resides on the Billboard 200 I don't have any sales figures. I predict something around 2,000 but that's just a guess.

People's hopes of triple figure sales now look extremely unlikely unless the album gets another boost from somewhere. Ah well.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Unfortunately, this time I was wrong. The album has dropped off the Billboard 200 completely this week after just 6 weeks on the chart.

It is however at #166 on the Current Albums chart but it is still a giant drop from last week where it was at #117 on that chart.

Due to the fact that it no longer resides on the Billboard 200 I don't have any sales figures. I predict something around 2,000 but that's just a guess.

People's hopes of triple figure sales now look extremely unlikely unless the album gets another boost from somewhere. Ah well.
So including all international sales still in the 80K range. I still think 100K can happen but over some time. What would royalties be on a project like this, I wonder? Has Stevie broken even on it? Probably not.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
So including all international sales still in the 80K range. I still think 100K can happen but over some time. What would royalties be on a project like this, I wonder? Has Stevie broken even on it? Probably not.
I bet she has. It couldn't have cost too much to make. I think an artist like Stevie probably makes at least $2 for each copy sold, so that's $160K right there. Songwriting royalties would make it more.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exactly what kind of marketing would have boosted sales of the album? Even if she toured for this album, the set list would likely only feature a tiny fraction of the album. Not sure that would have any effect on the charts or sales. A lot of big artists aren't fairing well in the market. I'm aware that sales of U2's excellent new album has been a disappointment. ( I hope Bono recovers from the serious injuries he sustained in a horrible bike collision in New York, where the band was to have a week long residency on the Tonight Show. Can you imaging how disappointing and worrisome that must be to their fans?)

People who wanted this album found it. She wasn't going to gain new fans with it. On the contrary, inexplicably she lost self-professed " fans"who claim to love for her, but easily and subjectively rejected her and the album because it didn't fit the antiquated concept of who they expect her to be. It's understandable for a follower to not understand or particularly like a certain phase or creative turn an artist may take in their long career. But it's stubbornly capricious to immediately dismiss an artist's viability just because a body of work doesn't fit their concept.

Some fickle fans seem to have no grasp of context and time. The common misconception is that if these songs were of any value , they would have already been on previous albums. This just reveals ignorance of the creative process. Artists shelve their work for many different reasons that have nothing to do with inferiority.

Who has the benefit of youthful immortality? Despite the bests efforts, some of our capabilities will wane as time goes by. You solider on, making adjustments and do the best you can. That's life. Stevie has lost a lot of her higher range, but she adjusts and makes up for it with power and control. I'm a big fan of Joni Mitchell, an unabashed heavy smoker. Her voice has drastically changed. Yet that doesn't stop me from being a fan,even though her voice, on recent releases, has lost all the range she use to have in her heyday.

I could have easily rejected Lindsey's solo work; I tried to accept and like his first album when it came out, especially in stark comparison to Stevie's first album, instantly approachable and appealing, released around the same time. But I stuck with him. All these years later, I've come to really enjoy appreciate Law and Order, having the benefit of context and time. I surmise that 24 Karat Gold, in time, will be reconsidered and appreciated by some of those who are now disparaging it.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-27-2014 at 11:17 PM..
Old 11-28-2014, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Im sure a large number of F/M or Stevie's concert goers, & casual fans wouldn't even know she has a new album out, if not into social media or fan sites .. or if they missed last months promotional segments on TV.. the majority would have no clue.

Wishful thinking here, it would of be great if F/M allowed Stevie to somehow market the album while on tour with them, via the merch store for example unfortunately the big machine organization is just too political for that to happen.. Ducking for cover
Old 11-28-2014, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

WB is seems is no longer selling "24K" as it is no where to be found at WB music...