Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Haim

Stevie has been just raving about these girls.Has anyone heard anything by them and,if so,are they any good or is this just her trying to be associated with the "young club"?I've asked a couple of younger people if they've ever heard of them and the answer is always "No".
Old 11-26-2014, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am only familiar with one HAIM song and it is called "The Wire" and the beginning sounds like "Heartache Tonight: by the Eagles. BTW, I don't like the Eagles but I like the song.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

I've been listening to Haim on spotify since Stevie has mentioned them. This is the song she talked about on her iHeartRadio broadcast. Interesting, because she related to the lyrics about turning into someone you don't want to be (mean, etc.)when you are hurt by someone.. http://youtu.be/w3Le2cDwCRM

Here's another catchy song . They have an updated 80's vibe, and I think Nancy Wilson from Heart has mentioned she liked them too! http://youtu.be/Ljg6g7BAdQo
Old 11-27-2014, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

I have followed HAIM ever since I heard Forever which is a fantastic song, on UK radio. I then got really into them and all of their songs and it seems everyone else did as their debut album got to #1 here in the UK and was a big hit worldwide including the US.

Their live performances are epic and full of energy and I just think their songs are fantastic.

My favourites are; If I Could Change Your Mind, Forever, Falling, Don't Save Me and The Wire.

Go and check them out!
Old 11-27-2014, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like their music, but I can't say I love it. Maybe I'll change my mind after listening to more.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yeah, I've been listening to them since last year, actually. I pretty much like most of their stuff, their album is consistently great, and I'm pleased Stevie enjoys them. Better than 5SOS, for goodness' sake...

For other Fleetwood Mac crossover goodness, you can check out their covers of Hold Me and Oh Well, the latter of which they've performed regularly for ages now. I think I first noticed it when they did for Glasto in 2013.

And for fun, because of the Stevie-ish connection, here's Haim covering Sheryl Crow's Strong Enough.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-27-2014, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks everyone for your input and links.I listened to them but I'm just not feelin' it.All the songs sound the same to me - the lead singer sings at the same fast pace and I found myself bopping my head and tapping my foot to the same beat for every song
Old 11-27-2014, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

continuation:Just had another thought.
I think Haim will be huge on the club scene as their songs are really catchy and have a unique edge to them but they just don't pull on my heartstrings like some other singer / songwriter we know
Old 11-27-2014, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
Thanks everyone for your input and links.I listened to them but I'm just not feelin' it.All the songs sound the same to me - the lead singer sings at the same fast pace and I found myself bopping my head and tapping my foot to the same beat for every song
Hi! The first time I heard them, I had the same sensation. BUT, it's about listen them a bit more, and you will find a change. They're good, they have future. They grew in a family of musicians, and they found their own style. It's good to know they had a successful first album, it says they could release another one.
I don't know very much about their relationship with Fleetwood Mac. I think they're doing something different, except for the covers, of course.

My favourite songs: Falling (the live @ iTunes 2012 is the BEST version), If I Could Change Your Mind, Forever, and Days Are Gone, the next underrated song. Oh! That's different, because is Este on lead vocals, and not Danielle.
Regards!
Old 11-27-2014, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Haim have gotten pretty big airplay on the indie music radio stations here in Austin for a couple of years now. This is the song that's played most on the radio here:

Pay attention to the guitar solo solo starting at around 2:15 - 2:50. Many have compared it to the guitar solo in Fleetwood Mac's Hold Me.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:36 AM
Ledgie

I heard a few of their songs during a festival in my country last summer and I wasn't very enthusiastic about them then. But Last week I decided to at least listen to Go Slow since Stevie mentioned that song as her favorite and since then their cd is on repeat
Old 11-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok - you guys have great musical taste because you love Stevie and FM so I will listen to them again!Who knows? I used to HATE the "Say You Will" album but,because I didn't want to get sick of FM's hit songs by listening to Rumours,Tusk or the White Album just prior to the concert,I listened to it again and now I love it!
Old 11-27-2014, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
Stevie has been just raving about these girls.Has anyone heard anything by them and,if so,are they any good or is this just her trying to be associated with the "young club"?I've asked a couple of younger people if they've ever heard of them and the answer is always "No".
never heard of them til Stevie mentioned them tbh
Old 11-28-2014, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love this band. Their album is one of my favorites of the past few years. Lots of 80s R&B influence, including some freestyle. I love Danielle's voice!
Old 11-28-2014, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been into Haim for well over a year now - they're fabulous. I saw them live in March and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.