User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Where can I find this? Or do I really want to know?

Old 02-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraRhiannon

They are truly priceless, darling. That garden one especially.

Old 02-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking I couldnt get...

Quote:

drunk enough so my mind would assume for her to be Stevie, Maybe after 25 bottles of Everclear there may be a slight gleaming chance...

As for the garden, "What the holy f**k?"

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lmao!!

The garden pic....did she conjure a storm?

The Brett pic...did she Photoshop herself in?
Old 02-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Thanks, Sara. I just had to see.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
The garden pic....did she conjure a storm?

The Brett pic...did she Photoshop herself in?

Old 02-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Thanks, Sara. I just had to see.
This thread shows what happens when people on a three day weekend have too much time on their hands.

Old 02-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
This thread shows what happens when people on a three day weekend have too much time on their hands.

Yeah, but what is Babs' excuse?

Old 02-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Woman
Woah, hold up there. I see you dislike the BN board, and that's your right, but your comments here are very unfair.
I think you should hold on there.

First, I never said I didn't like the BN board.

Kelly made sweeping generalizations about the negative comments made here on the Ledge (by a relatively small group of people) about Stevie. Since she chose to ONLY use the worst and the most extreme of the comments about the Ledge, I brought up some of the same type of unfair things that have been said on BN about the Stevie, Lindsey and Kristen on the BN board. I countered her worst remarks with the same type of things one COULD say about the BN forum IF they were making the sweeping generalizations she was.

I wasn't making the generalizations about BN because I believed them! I thought everyone understood that because I had made it so clear.

To refresh your memory......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly

Perhaps he visited the Ledge, scanned the numerous threads regarding Stevie's Mac truck ass, her ugly shoes, bland hair, matronly clothes, pancake makeup, lack of energy, her terrible lyrics on SYW, her miserable attempts at singing Rhiannon this tour and decided he would RATHER post at the BN board?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cour

Perhaps Mathew visited the BN message board and loved the way Stevie is portrayed in this deep affair with a married man and how they can't keep their hands off each other or their feelings under control, even in the presence of his wife and children. Maybe he's drawn to the bashing of Mrs.Buckingham's appearance and the threads portraying her as nothing but a baby machine who traps her husband again and again. Of course, I'm leaving out the riveting threads where the paternity of the Buckingham children was discussed and how they might not be Lindsey's. Of course there was also some discussion about Stevie being their biological mother, that was riveting reading and one of the best theories I've ever read about their post Dance relationship. I could go on but you get the idea.
I was trying to show here that there seems to be a double standard. I thought that was obvious and I made sure it was by the last comments in my post above.

Quote:
The percentile of Kristen-bashing posts is very low. The little incident with Stevie being the biological mother was a long time ago and it was by one person. I love how some people keep bringing it up as the prime example of what gets posted on the BN board. Should we bring up "Crazy Kim's" post that you linked to as the kind of thing that gets posted on the Ledge? It's just as accurate.
I haven't been to the new board but I even if it's improved, that doesn't negate what's been said only a few months ago on the old board. As for you and Kelly only using the surrogate mother as the prime example, there are many of us who could go to the old BN board and use many many more examples of degrading comments that have been made about Lindsey's wife and the state of their marriage and thread after thread about topics that have no basis in any truth and are beyond insulting.

As for the link to Kim's posts. I didn't make a sweeping generalization that all young fans were like Kim or her friends. That was a specific discussion about a specific incident that went on with that girl and her friends.

Quote:
"Perhaps Matthew visited the Ledge and loved the discussion about how a fan got Kristen's cell phone and called it up. That's one of the best stories I've ever heard about Ledgie fan behavior. I could go on but you get the idea"

Did Ledgies approve of her behavior? No, and they let her know. Is this a regular topic? No."

One more time, I didn't make sweeping generalizations about all young fans calling Stevie, Lindsey or their families and generalizing all young fans as irresponsible. Again, I believe Kelly was the one that blamed the incidents over at BN on young fans and young fans bothering Mathew.

Quote:
Did BN members approve of the Stevie baby topic? No, and they let her know. Is that a regular topic? No.

See what I mean?

Do you see what I mean or must I go to the BN board and link threads where accepted members of the Ledge and BN site have not objected to many of the topics that go way beyond anything Stevie, Lindsey or his wife deserve? I used the most extreme analogies in my post I quoted above because I felt that's what Kelly was doing by trying to generalize the statements made by a few people about Stevie here at the Ledge. See what I mean?

Quote:
After this, it's hardly surprising that your later comment that perhaps Matthew likes "other great things about the BN board" rings pretty hollow.
Again, you seemed to have missed the entire point of my post as a counterpoint about generalizations anyone could make about any fan site. My words were not hollow at all, you just missed the point I was trying to make.

Perhaps you missed this part.....

Quote:
Perhaps Mathew didn't stick around the Ledge long enough and see all the good conversation in the thousands of threads here that aren't pointing out Stevie's problems Fans seem to find the boards they feel most comfortable reading or posting. If Mathew would RATHER stay over at BN because he feels more comfortable there or likes the shipper aspect and the other great things about the BN board, who cares?

Quote:
You're right. I haven't seen much BN board bashing here at all...until I read your post. Congrats on being the trendsetter!
I love being a trendsetter but in this case it's not deserved. I was not bashing the BN board and if you don't get that now from all the times I've explained it in this post, you never will.

Last edited by Cour; 02-21-2005 at 05:22 PM..
Old 02-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking I have to have a sense...

Quote:

of humor, Otherwise I would "fill both hands full of ammo and commense with the massacurrin'...Y'all"

Besides, I am somewhat a Bohemian...EVERYDAY is a weekend to me

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was another favorite!

I'd like to know where the heck I was when some of the others were posted? I never saw the Peackeeper, the dollar bill or Mick in the bathtub???

I'm still in love with the LOL guy, Judy and Janet.....and that de-starred one was almost worth all the aggravation they put us through.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was another favorite!

I'd like to know where the heck I was when some of the others were posted? I never saw the Peackeeper, the dollar bill or Mick in the bathtub???

I'm still in love with the LOL guy, Judy and Janet.....and that de-starred one was almost worth all the aggravation they put us through.
I think Brian gave us this one to clear the air after the Knightly News.

Old 02-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking "Oh yeah"

Quote:
I think Brian gave us this one to clear the air after the Knightly News.

I posted that one on the "Mick Q&A" post which featured those crazing Lindsey wife calling stalkers

Old 02-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
And that's a relatively recent phenomenon, by the way -- it started building steam with the reunion.

When I speak scornfully of "chiffonheads," those are the people I'm referring to -- not just anyone who happens to love Stevie.
You learn something new about FM all the time Seriously, I think the original meaning got lost since most people here used it as a term of endearment about their Stevie fan obsession.

Hmmm.......so now that we know the real meaning.........do we go on using it or come up with something else? Nothing else seems to say Stevie obsession quite like Chiffon Head
Old 02-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
First, I never said I didn't like the BN board.
Oh Dee...I know you don't care for it. You don't like what it stands for, you don't like the fact that we "accepted members" of the Fleetwood Mac community discuss this in an open forum. Yet, everyone would have a massive Texas-sized coronary if membership to the board were on a controlled basis.

Quote:
Do you see what I mean or must I go to the BN board and link threads where accepted members of the Ledge and BN site have not objected to many of the topics that go way beyond anything Stevie, Lindsey or his wife deserve?
Can we all agree to disagree? You're not going to like where some of the topics go on the BN board just as I said earlier in the thread, I might not like the direction some threads go here on The Ledge. Does that mean I'm going to stop talking about things because some people tend to get out of hand? Probably not. Whether it's on that board or done privately, you'd still object to it and you've told me as much.

You know that I have personally objected to some of the topics as has Nancy, moderators, and other fans as well. However, if a newbie comes along, threads are ressurected and discussion is resumed. I don't know what else to say without starting some ridiculous discussion. The **** pot doesn't need to be stirred again and things have been running smoothly without discord over there. Let's not make the problems with the topics discussed on BN a problem on The Ledge, especially in a thread that has very little and perhaps nothing to do with the topic of the state of his marriage and his family.