Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
Dear God, I hope Stevie will never be called to testify at a trial
Old 04-25-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
I can't see it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post
EDIT:: Yes, SisterNightroad, I just saw your reply, and that makes perfect sense. Thank you.
No problem.

Now I think the most probable timeline is:

1983 - Stevie and Prince worked on Stand Back in the week of January 7-14, 1983. Like many artists do, he doesn't ask to be credited. During the Wild Heart tour (and not the Mirage Tour like she remembers), on the 15th of July 1983 in Minneapolis, Stevie returns the favor and records the overdubs of All Over You at Prince's house. This episode described by Billboard in 1998:
“‘Thousand Days’ was written about my non-relationship with Prince,” says Nicks, who had earlier composed “Stand Back” with him - although she notes he’s never called her back “to set up his payment on 50%” of the latter. “Days” recounts an abortive, all-night '80s recording session with him at his Minneapolis home during a Fleetwood Mac tour, climaxing with Nicks “smoking my pot - he didn’t agree with my lifestyle - and going to sleep on Prince’s floor in his kitchen. I like him, but we were just so different there was no possible meeting ground.”
somehow fits even better her Wild Heart persona.

1984 - During the Rock a Little sessions Prince sends Stevie the alleged Purple Rain cassette. She can't comply and then they return to All Over you. The episode narrated by Details in 1994:
[About seeing him again after stand Back]Yes, when I was on the road a year or so later. I was sick, and Prince brought some cough syrup up to my hotel room. He was sweet–he walked around the room folding things, fluffing pillows, tidying up in general. Then he gave me a spoon of it himself. But when I asked for another spoonful he changed–he said, “I didn’t come all the way up here just to get you hooked on another substance!” Then he left.
might fit with her RAL persona. Then, as stated by Stevie she went to the premiere of Purple Rain and Prince got offended by the fact that she freaked out because of the slap scene and never saw her again.

1985 - Stevie is left with the cassette of All Over You from the RAL sessions with Prince and decides to deliver it to her company Atlantic Records.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I can't see it...
Go to 0:47: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bdImR0MW8I

So apparently Stevie already knew Prince in 1981.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Do we know for sure that the FM tour that Stevie and Prince met on was Mirage? It couldn't have been Tusk? They played Minneapolis then, too. Otherwise I'm not sure how they would have already been friends in time for the WWD tour.

It's also worth noting that in the E017 clip, Stevie says she doesn't even remember any of this happening - that her goddaughter was there and told this story, presumably sometime after the fact. So I mean, quite possibly, by the time Stevie started telling the Stand Back story, she also didn't remember that she knew Prince before then Or maybe the Goddaughter imagined that Prince was there.

Last edited by WildHearted; 04-25-2016 at 12:02 PM..
Old 04-25-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasjz View Post
Go to 0:47: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bdImR0MW8I

So apparently Stevie already knew Prince in 1981.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Do we know for sure that the FM tour that Stevie and Prince met on was Mirage? It couldn't have been Tusk? They played Minneapolis then, too. Otherwise I'm not sure how they would have already been friends in time for the WWD tour.

It's also worth noting that in the E017 clip, Stevie says she doesn't even remember any of this happening - that her goddaughter was there and told this story, presumably sometime after the fact. So I mean, quite possibly, by the time Stevie started telling the Stand Back story, she also didn't remember that she knew Prince before then Or maybe the Goddaughter imagined that Prince was there.
Yes, I finally saw it!
Hilariously enough yes, then she might very well have met him during the Tusk Tour. Or The Bella Donna Tour, again her memory isn't something to hold on to. But what age was her goddaughter then? She might not remember each time from other well, or maybe she just recounted the episode to Stevie and Stevie assumed it was the Bella Donna HBO while it was the Mirage HBO, or even something different. The only revealing detail we have is the fact that he was apparently dressed in purple. When did Prince started wearing purple on stage?
Old 04-25-2016, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't Stevie at some point talk about having a phone relationship with Prince? As in, they'd talk on the phone late at night and chat about things, and that was how they were friends?

And there was the time he told her she needed to be more overtly sexy...
Old 04-25-2016, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't see it...

No problem.

Now I think the most probable timeline is:

1983 - Stevie and Prince worked on Stand Back in the week of January 7-14, 1983. Like many artists do, he doesn't ask to be credited. During the Wild Heart tour (and not the Mirage Tour like she remembers), on the 15th of July 1983 in Minneapolis, Stevie returns the favor and records the overdubs of All Over You at Prince's house. This episode described by Billboard in 1998:
“‘Thousand Days’ was written about my non-relationship with Prince,” says Nicks, who had earlier composed “Stand Back” with him - although she notes he’s never called her back “to set up his payment on 50%” of the latter. “Days” recounts an abortive, all-night '80s recording session with him at his Minneapolis home during a Fleetwood Mac tour, climaxing with Nicks “smoking my pot - he didn’t agree with my lifestyle - and going to sleep on Prince’s floor in his kitchen. I like him, but we were just so different there was no possible meeting ground.”
somehow fits even better her Wild Heart persona.

1984 - During the Rock a Little sessions Prince sends Stevie the alleged Purple Rain cassette. She can't comply and then they return to All Over you. The episode narrated by Details in 1994:
[About seeing him again after stand Back]Yes, when I was on the road a year or so later. I was sick, and Prince brought some cough syrup up to my hotel room. He was sweet–he walked around the room folding things, fluffing pillows, tidying up in general. Then he gave me a spoon of it himself. But when I asked for another spoonful he changed–he said, “I didn’t come all the way up here just to get you hooked on another substance!” Then he left.
might fit with her RAL persona. Then, as stated by Stevie she went to the premiere of Purple Rain and Prince got offended by the fact that she freaked out because of the slap scene and never saw her again.

1985 - Stevie is left with the cassette of All Over You from the RAL sessions with Prince and decides to deliver it to her company Atlantic Records.
I also thought that possibly she had the Wild Heart tour confused with a Fleetwood Mac one, but she seems so certain that the others in FM were rolling their eyes at her when she got back? Who knows
Old 04-26-2016, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasjz View Post
Stevie's timeline doesn't make any sense. We should be used to it by now
it's one of the reasons i love her so much
crazy cat lady without the cats for realz lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post
So though the timeline is somewhat confusing, one can come to the conclusion that even if the days/months don't add up, there WAS something more to the story.

of COURSE there's always MORE to the story that we don't know dammit

on the CV dvd she says he was backstage at the Bella Donna concert

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 04-26-2016 at 01:05 AM..
Old 04-26-2016, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
it's one of the reasons i love her so much
crazy cat lady without the cats for realz lol
I'd say she's a crazy dog lady!
Old 04-26-2016, 04:30 AM

Crystalrosevisions have found this very interesting screenshot of Prince:

http://crystalrosevisions.tumblr.com/post/143398484754/the-bottom-picture-is-a-screenshot-of-prince
Old 04-26-2016, 04:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

as stated by Stevie she went to the premiere of Purple Rain and Prince got offended by the fact that she freaked out because of the slap scene and never saw her again.
So Stevie sat down right by Prince at the premiere of Purple Rain.
Or she cornered him after the film and then freaked out. Hmm...

Well at least Prince didn't ever have to see her again.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Crystalrosevisions have found this very interesting screenshot of Prince:

http://crystalrosevisions.tumblr.com/post/143398484754/the-bottom-picture-is-a-screenshot-of-prince
Wow. What song was he performing and when? Why would he be wearing her shawl?
Old 04-26-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Wow. What song was he performing and when? Why would he be wearing her shawl?
I don't know but I asked her; let's see if she responds.

P.S. The response:
san-l-bar said: Hi @sisternightroad! Yes that is a Screengrab that @terinsun posted of Prince’s performance at the Grammys in 1985. I’m pretty sure you can find it on YouTube.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 04-26-2016 at 11:39 AM..
Old 04-26-2016, 02:53 PM

This is the original post from Terinsun:

http://terinsun.tumblr.com/post/143226739381/screen-shots-of-prince-wearing-stevie-nicks-cape
Old 04-26-2016, 03:08 PM
Registered

looks more like Ugly Betty's poncho ..... but who am i to argue with what is posted on the interweb
and the back drop is from the When Doves Cry Video

Last edited by olive; 04-26-2016 at 03:21 PM..
Old 04-26-2016, 03:14 PM
olive
This message has been deleted by olive. Reason: reductive
Old 04-26-2016, 03:18 PM
olive
This message has been deleted by olive. Reason: repetitve