Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Tulsa Show

I have to admit...I was very hesitant about attending the show without Lindsey but I'm glad I did. They sounded great - especially Stevie! I haven't heard her sound as good in quite awhile. Chris on the other hand must be fighting a cold or something because her voice broke several times and she was a little off pitch.

Neil and Mike did a good job and if you closed your eyes, Neil sounded a little like Lindsey! The chemistry was not there like with Stevie and Lindsey - and it was very noticeable during Landslide. She dedicated Landslide to the "new members wives" who were touring with them.

Several oldies (Black Magic Woman was awesome!) and a touching Tom Petty tribute.

Overall, it was a great concert.

October 3, 2018 Setlist:

Late start at 8:14
Crickets
The Chain
Little Lies
Dreams
Second Hand News (Neil Finn on lead)
Say You Love Me
Black Magic Woman (Stevie on lead)
Everywhere
I Got You (Split Enz)
Rhiannon
Tell Me All Things You Do (Danny Kirwan)
Storms
World Turning
Drum Solo (Mick and Taeki)
Band intros
Hypnotized (Neil on lead) (Bob Welch)
Oh Well - (Mike on lead) (Peter Green)
Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House) (Stevie and Neil on lead)
Landslide - Dedicated to the wives of new members Neil and Mike
Isn’t it Midnight from Tango in the Night
Monday Morning
You Make Loving Fun
Gold Dust Woman
Go Your Own Way
Encore:
Free Fallin’ (Stevie on lead) (Tom Petty) Very emotional
Don’t Sop
All Over Again - Stevie and Christine
~"If you ever did believe..."~
~SRhiannon~
Old 10-05-2018, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Any cool merch?
Old 10-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice. The first actual Ledgie Review from someone there.

How much talking was there between songs. I know it’s still early and this can change but did Stevie control herself?

He Will Burn You Down
Old 10-05-2018, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for sharing, SRhiannon. Could you describe how the audience responded to songs like I Got You, Don't Dream It's Over, Hypnotized, and the more obscure songs FM performed? Did they go over well, or did the audience seem out off?
Old 10-06-2018, 02:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

What was the crowd like? I’ve heard second hand from other Ledgies who heard I don’t know where that the venue was moving people up and such. Certainly as someone who has always bought last minute tickets because I have unpredictable health issues I’m looking at Chicago now and surprised by how many tickets there are still (them again the way Ticketmaster now blends in all the resell ones hard to fully grasp. But often I’ve grabbed some of the absolute last seats left).

That said, I think, so long as I can get a reasonably priced seat, I’m looking forward to chicago seeing your review and thoughts and all. A clip of Black Magic Woman kind of sold me as well. Guess we’ll see what I end up thinking of things but after how awful I thought the Ellen show performance was, seems like they’ve pulled things together considerably since and are at least sounding a lot better even if my ear is always going to hear the songs as “off” without Lindsey.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Nice. The first actual Ledgie Review from someone there. How much talking was there between songs. I know it’s still early and this can change but did Stevie control herself?
I wasn't there. Just watched it thru the eyes of people who were. There was one FB member who commented that during one of Stevie's speeches Neil interrupted her saying they needed to move on with the flow of the show but IDK if this really happened cause I didn't hear it myself. I didn't watch every video posted on FB. I'm not a fan of videos where the camera person can't keep still or sings during filming. So supposedly Stevie stopped talking at Neil's request and it was 'on with the show.' LOL
Old 10-06-2018, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I wasn't there. Just watched it thru the eyes of people who were. There was one FB member who commented that during one of Stevie's speeches Neil interrupted her saying they needed to move on with the flow of the show but IDK if this really happened cause I didn't hear it myself. I didn't watch every video posted on FB. I'm not a fan of videos where the camera person can't keep still or sings during filming. So supposedly Stevie stopped talking at Neil's request and it was 'on with the show.' LOL
Okay, as someone who wasn't wanting to give Neil a chance....if he told her to STFU, you may now color me a fan.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Okay, as someone who wasn't wanting to give Neil a chance....if he told her to STFU, you may now color me a fan.
I would be thrilled if Stevie isn't able to yammer on betweens songs. Just as grateful to not hear Lindsey's esoteric and tangential rehearsed soap box lectures. I'm there for the music. Looking more forward to songs I haven't heard live even more than the hits!
Old 10-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
I would be thrilled if Stevie isn't able to yammer on betweens songs. Just as grateful to not hear Lindsey's esoteric and tangential rehearsed soap box lectures. I'm there for the music. Looking more forward to songs I haven't heard live even more than the hits!
I agree on both counts. STFU and play some music. Only a complete egomaniac would think people want to hear them blather on like that.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree on both counts. STFU and play some music. Only a complete egomaniac would think people want to hear them blather on like that.
I would be thrilled to sit in a room and listen to her talk all day and night. I love the story telling in between songs.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I doubt that Christine's voice was off key and breaking because she has a cold.It is likely more to do with the fact that she is 75 and can no longer sing live anymore.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Any cool merch?
Not really ! Although REVERB was there selling water bottles that were cool. Mostly t-shirts which were really nice!
Old 10-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't find any videos for "Isn't It Midnight" or "All Over Again" (from any of the shows so far), which are the two songs I'm the most interested in seeing.

If there are vids of these two songs posted, could someone please post a link? And if not, could someone please video them at the next show?

I did watch a video of "Hypnotized." It was competent, but lacked verve. I remember seeing the band do this song in October of 1975 when Buck & Nicks had just joined, and it was magical. Not so much these days. The other thing that was sad about it was the complete lack of response from the audience. That intro drum riff is so instantly recognizable, you'd think there'd be a few hardcore fans who would have yelped with delight. Oh, well.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Not much talking and yes - Stevie behaved herself. Mick was his usual "wild" self!
Old 10-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thanks for sharing, SRhiannon. Could you describe how the audience responded to songs like I Got You, Don't Dream It's Over, Hypnotized, and the more obscure songs FM performed? Did they go over well, or did the audience seem out off?
The audience loved the old stuff!