The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she does not care about the money.She just loves touring.She does not care who she is touring with as we see in the past years with Don Henley.Tom Petty.Sheryl Crow ,Chris Isaak ,Rod Stewart and Dave Grohl and who ever else I forgot to mention. .She just loves touring and seeing our faces for the millionth time.

I cant blame her for not producing new stuff solo and with Mac.Why bother .Radio stations don't give a rats a$$ about putting older artists on their playlists and also Stevie opinion about internet freeloaders stealing her works.

If her solo shows and FM shows start showing that nobody showing up for the concerts.Then she got to make a change or retire.

So far her shows and FM shows are still selling tickets for these greatest hits tours in the last few years.

I know the shows sound like a broken record when Stevie/FM plays the same stale set lists."Pun intended"I just enjoy seeing her in person.We are all getting older.I don't know how many more years we can do this.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

~ I have a very odd love/hate feeling about Go Your Own Way. Most of the time I literally hate the guts out of it and I literally can't sit through it without getting furious and changing it. It literally pisses me off to no end!! But every once in a while I like to turn up my stereo and just dance around my room in a oblivion it on full blast. It's not that I don't think its an amazing song, I know it is! It's probably their second best (matter of opinion) aside from Dreams, but I personally don't like it very much.

~There are times when I almost maybe like Wild Heart as much as Bella Donna

~ I personally think In Your Dreams is very overrated. It's a great album but overall i prefer TISL over it.

~I wish Stevie would have done Sorcerer on her own, because I think Sheryl wrecked it. I don't like the way their voices sound together at all.

~I would replace any song off of OSOTM except Doing The Best That I Can for Thousand Days. It is Stevie's best demo in my opinion. (Maybe tied with Blue Lamp)

~I prefer the backstage of the Rolling Stone shoot version of Wild Heart more than the actual recording, I find it quite boring. The lyrics are awesome! But I find it quite blah

~This is more of a Mick confession here, but I personally think that Stevie really just thinks of him as a really good friend. But I think that Mick still loves Stevie, not enough to do anything about it, I think he knows that she's happy with things are, plus he's probably a little scared of Lindsey (:P who wouldn't be, I would!)

~I am a HUMUNGOUS BN shipper, and I would give my life for them to be back together. But I honestly believe that they will never be back together again. I don't even think they'll have another affair (lol i just made them sound like sluts, didn't mean for it to sound that way!) I really can't see it happening. Lindsey is somewhat happy with Kristen (for some f***ed up reason) and if Stevie has made it this far without giving in to him, I'm sure she can go longer. It really upsets me to think of this, but really don't think they have a future together.

~I just want to warn people that I am NOT trying to offend anyone, and this is just simply my opinion based on what I have gathered. I think that there is MUCH more that Stevie hasn't told us. Mainly for the purpose of saving Lindsey's ass and obviously because it's quite personal.
I think that Stevie left Lindsey because he was abusive to her. As we all know drugs made him a little crazy, and they broke up right around the recording of Rumours, right? Right around when the cocaine started going around. I think he was already getting on her nerves (and vice versa) and when he started getting violent she finally said that's enough and broke up with him. I have no proof that he did so, and I'm not some sick person who wants to believe he caused her harm or grief, but that's my opinion. If he did it to Carol during the recording of Rumours (based on what I read in Ken's book), I don't see why he didn't to Stevie. Even is he did, we'll never know for sure because Stevie's not really the gossip type, they've kind of settled a truce. Besides why do we need to know this, its not our buisness. Ms. Nicks is probably hiding quite a bit of things from us. I guess it's better that way.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hello all,

I'm new here, although I've followed this forum for some time, and this thread was definitely one of my favorites and I enjoyed reading the comments. On that note, my two cents:

* I like "Lady From The Mountain" and I like "Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)". But it really bothers me she took from one to make the latter. "Lady" is one of her best unreleased demos and, to me, it was painfully sacrificed for "Moonlight" and that doesn't sit well with me.

* Speaking of demos, I think it's absolute sin "Sanctuary" was never officially released on any of her early albums. That is one good song! God help me if she ever sacrifices it for parts for another NEW song.

* I really like "IYD", but a lot of the songs have a very similar sameness structurally that strays from Stevie's other solo albums. I also really like Dave Stewart, but as soon as I heard him sing with Stevie, it was ruined.

* While she performs them well, it really irritates me that "Rock and Roll" and "I Need To Know" are staples in her concerts. I'd rather those two spots were used for HER songs.

* I miss manic performing Stevie over the more subdued performing Stevie.

* The Dance's "Silver Springs" was hair-raising perfection. I cannot listen to the version done during the SYW tour. It was done so rushed, especially the ending, and passionless.

* "Thrown Down" and "Destiny Rules" are among her top best songs ever.

* I love "When I See You Again."

* "Listen To The Rain" is a great rockin' song. It would be amazing live.

* "Say You Will" would be a great song if there was more to it (more verses and cut back the chorus that goes on and on and on. And on.)

* I disagree when she's referred to "Fall From Grace" as "the meanest song I've ever written" unless there's some hidden reference in it we're not privy to. IMO she's done far meaner, biting songs like "Smile At You."

* Her brother did her a huge disservice with the tour books he oversaw. They are garbage!

* On the superficial end: She looked HOT rockin' the black pants at the start of the "Soundstage" show, and wearing a red dress with long sleeves at the Filmore. Best hair was in the "Talk To Me" video (sitting on the floor in the gray dress); hate the reeboks, suede platforms way sexier although I'm sure they kill. And not digging the big square sunglasses of late.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightback View Post
* While she performs them well, it really irritates me that "Rock and Roll" and "I Need To Know" are staples in her concerts. I'd rather those two spots were used for HER songs.

* Her brother did her a huge disservice with the tour books he oversaw. They are garbage!

* hate the reeboks, suede platforms way sexier although I'm sure they kill.
These are not unpopular opinions by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightback View Post
EVERY Stevie Nicks fan feels the exact same way.

Welcome to The Ledge.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I Need to Know didn't even bother me so much until the end, but I'm glad it's gone now. In the early days I loved it.

Rock and Roll kills me. I hate it. I just want to snatch that feather right out of her top hat.

Michele
Old 04-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rock a Little, OSOTM and SA are some of the best, as well as Desert Angel.
The super popular singles are some of my least favorite.
She should hire me to play keyboard in her band!
Old 04-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

- I think Rock A Little is her worst album, far worse than Street Angel.
- Trouble In Shangri-La is hands down my favorite album of hers, beating Bella Donna.
- For What It's Worth is probably her worst single release of all time. How it got picked over something like In Your Dreams or Ghosts Are Gone is beyond me.
- I cannot stand her solo versions of Fleetwood Mac songs, or Waddy's playing of them (especially Gold Dust Woman).

Those are the only I can think of that'd probably make people raise eyebrows at me. lol
Old 04-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

I have five unpopular Stevie opinions. uht-oh.

1.) Stevie is not a prolific songwriter. In fact, she only writes once in a blue moon. She writes maybe 2 songs per year.

2.) Along those same lines, she has almost completely lost her confidence in her ability to write new songs. New songs. Literally almost 100% lost it.

3.) Despite sincere, best efforts, Stevie has little understanding on a deep level of how hard most people work. I feel she sort of understands it in a "basic" way but she doesn't actually "get" it. i.m.o. you can tell this from several interviews - perfect example, how "spotless" the house where she worked as a cleaning lady was - how "hard" she worked at that job - - the guy eventually commented on it and said the reality was she did a very poor job and anybody else probably would have fired her.

4.) I think Stevie is a lot more "self-educated" than she might "pretend" to be - - I think overall, she's a VERY bright person and I think she reads a lot. It's very easy to find photos where she's either carrying a book or has one near her.

5.) I think Stevie's a lot more business-savvy than people realize - for example the house she recently sold in Pacific Palisades, where she claimed it was because there were "ghosts" haunting the house that were scaring her. I think that was just Stevie being Stevie, playing up her "image," and I think the place was almost 100% a real estate investment for her - throw it on the pile, ka-CHING, Bay-bee! And I feel less-certain of this part but I think the image-building with "seeing ghosts" goes all the way back to the early '80s - she claimed in one of her first interviews as a solo artist that she had "seen ghosts" in her hotel room but I wouldn't be surprised if that was again totally for publicity. I think these things may have even been the record company's idea, rather than her own. But Stevie's been at this a LONG time and she knows how to "work her image." Along those same "practical" lines, I think she also sold the Phoenix house totally or mostly for business reasons - because of the real estate taxes and maintenance - and - I think all of these business things are about one thing only - - creating generational wealth for her niece.

Rock on - just my thoughts - nobody's perfect.

ps - to be more accurate, imo she publishes one or two songs, on the average, per year. I love many of the demos but in a way it seems it doesn't count in terms of being "prolific," if it's just sitting in a filing cabinet somewhere gathering dust.

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 04-04-2013 at 07:56 PM..
Old 04-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
I have five unpopular Stevie opinions. uht-oh.

1.) Stevie is not a prolific songwriter. In fact, she only writes once in a blue moon. She writes maybe 2 songs per year.

2.) Along those same lines, she has almost completely lost her confidence in her ability to write new songs. New songs. Literally almost 100% lost it.

3.) Despite sincere, best efforts, Stevie has little understanding on a deep level of how hard most people work. I feel she sort of understands it in a "basic" way but she doesn't actually "get" it. i.m.o. you can tell this from several interviews - perfect example, how "spotless" the house where she worked as a cleaning lady was - how "hard" she worked at that job - - the guy eventually commented on it and said the reality was she did a very poor job and anybody else probably would have fired her.

4.) I think Stevie is a lot more "self-educated" than she might "pretend" to be - - I think overall, she's a VERY bright person and I think she reads a lot. It's very easy to find photos where she's either carrying a book or has one near her.

5.) I think Stevie's a lot more business-savvy than people realize - for example the house she recently sold in Pacific Palisades, where she claimed it was because there were "ghosts" haunting the house that were scaring her. I think that was just Stevie being Stevie, playing up her "image," and I think the place was almost 100% a real estate investment for her - throw it on the pile, ka-CHING, Bay-bee! And I feel less-certain of this part but I think the image-building with "seeing ghosts" goes all the way back to the early '80s - she claimed in one of her first interviews as a solo artist that she had "seen ghosts" in her hotel room but I wouldn't be surprised if that was again totally for publicity. I think these things may have even been the record company's idea, rather than her own. But Stevie's been at this a LONG time and she knows how to "work her image." Along those same "practical" lines, I think she also sold the Phoenix house totally or mostly for business reasons - because of the real estate taxes and maintenance - and - I think all of these business things are about one thing only - - creating generational wealth for her niece.

Rock on - just my thoughts - nobody's perfect.

ps - to be more accurate, imo she publishes one or two songs, on the average, per year. I love many of the demos but in a way it seems it doesn't count in terms of being "prolific," if it's just sitting in a filing cabinet somewhere gathering dust.

Did she recently sell her house? The one she made IYD in? I thought she still owns it, but lives in the condo. Other than the Robin story, I've never heard about her and ghosts. Her Robin story would go well on Celebrity Ghost Stories--Robin rocking Matthew's cradle. This is the only ghost story I've heard from her.

Last edited by NoLight77; 04-04-2013 at 08:31 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 07:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

- The Highwayman is my all-time favorite Stevie song. I think it's a masterpiece.
- I've always thought Rhiannon was very over-rated. I love the late 70s live version but other than that I don't understand all the fuss around it.
- I love I Will Run to You.
- For What It's worth sucks. IMO the worse song on IYD.
- I prefer the TISL version of Sorcerer to the Rumours demo.
- I love Sheryl Crow's production on TISL.
- I don't mind Jane. I'm a big fan of Jane Goodall, so I'm kinda biased
- I don't like her new voice nearly as much as her old one.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasjz View Post
- The Highwayman is my all-time favorite Stevie song. I think it's a masterpiece.
- I've always thought Rhiannon was very over-rated. I love the late 70s live version but other than that I don't understand all the fuss around it.
- I love I Will Run to You.
- For What It's worth sucks. IMO the worse song on IYD.
- I prefer the TISL version of Sorcerer to the Rumours demo.
- I love Sheryl Crow's production on TISL.
- I don't mind Jane. I'm a big fan of Jane Goodall, so I'm kinda biased
- I don't like her new voice nearly as much as her old one.
Fully agree on both of these.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLight77 View Post
Did she recently sell her house? The one she made IYD in? I thought she still owns it, but lives in the condo. Other than the Robin story, I've never heard about her and ghosts. Her Robin story would go well on Celebrity Ghost Stories--Robin rocking Matthew's cradle. This is the only ghost story I've heard from her.
It may be that she tried to sell it and then took it back off the market. I can tell you that a couple of articles with photos made the rounds awhile back, saying she was selling it and including the "ghost" story, but come to think of it I guess I don't remember seeing specifically yet that it was actually sold.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
It may be that she tried to sell it and then took it back off the market. I can tell you that a couple of articles with photos made the rounds awhile back, saying she was selling it and including the "ghost" story, but come to think of it I guess I don't remember seeing specifically yet that it was actually sold.
Yes, I recall interviews not long after she bought it and she expressed buyer's remorse saying she bought it because when she saw it the previous owners were still in it and it had all the trappings of a happy family living in it.... but then of course they moved out and it was her and whoever living there and the house suddenly felt too big and empty and etc and so she wanted to sell it. Clearly she didn't, for whatever reason..
Old 04-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool, thanks.