The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If they still there this will be 7 weeks they have been at the Village...It must be getting pretty expensive by now...Why would FM and Florence & The Machine BOTH be next door???

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 05-01-2014 at 08:41 AM..
Old 05-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it possible for 2 bands to share a studio or would it be to much trouble changing set ups...
Old 05-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

If they still there this will be 7 weeks they have been at the Village...It must be getting pretty expensive by now...Why would FM and Florence & The Machine BOTH be next door???
I bet their studio time at the Village is still cheaper than their Bel Air mansion & equipment rental from Say You Will (adjusted for inflation). Renting a mansion like that (sans equipment, utilities, etc) starts at $25,000/month and goes up steeply from there. I see on Zillow where there are homes in the area renting for $100,000/month. And this is just using Zillow... many of these higher end homes aren't listed on lowly websites like that.

Have you seen the youtube tour of the Village? There are several recording studios on each floor, and there are 3 floors total. Florence & the Machine could have simply been in one of the many neighboring studio rooms, or were simply there to say hello to the Mac.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:07 AM

I love that ya'll worry about Fleetwood Mac spending money. I don't think money is really a problem for them.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I bet their studio time at the Village is still cheaper than their Bel Air mansion & equipment rental from Say You Will (adjusted for inflation). Renting a mansion like that (sans equipment, utilities, etc) starts at $25,000/month and goes up steeply from there. I see on Zillow where there are homes in the area renting for $100,000/month. And this is just using Zillow... many of these higher end homes aren't listed on lowly websites like that.

Have you seen the youtube tour of the Village? There are several recording studios on each floor, and there are 3 floors total. Florence & the Machine could have simply been in one of the many neighboring studio rooms, or were simply there to say hello to the Mac.
I was on the Village website looking at Studio "D" but I'm still curious what the cost for "D" would be for 2 months not that FM can't afford it...
Old 05-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love that ya'll worry about Fleetwood Mac spending money. I don't think money is really a problem for them.
Exactly. A few thousand a day for recording studio time/tens of thousands a month for a house rental... all that is drops in the bucket for these guys. Stevie, Lindsey, and Chris are all rumored to be worth between $50 million & $100 million each. Every single member of Fleetwood Mac is in the 1%. This is chump change for these guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I was on the Village website looking at Studio "D" but I'm still curious what the cost for "D" would be for 2 months not that FM can't afford it...
I'm betting since FM had studio D built, that they are guaranteed some sort of special rate. Their name ads lifetime cache for the studio, too. So I'm guessing they aren't being billed the same amount as let's say a major label who is footing the bill for a current top 40 artist.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

But I think WB must have kicked in some of the money when they were recording SYW as an advance.

This time, I don't think anyone is shouldering their costs. It's not that they aren't rich as individuals. But I think they have a thrifty side or some of them do. I just am kind of surprised that they're paying money out of their own pocket. But I'm glad to hear they're still at the studio.

Michele
Old 05-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Florence + The Machine! I've always thought Florence would kill Rhiannon if she covered it. Though I was disappointed with her Chain cover when she didn't sing the high "chain, keep us together" part, but instead sang the "running in the shadows."
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But I think WB must have kicked in some of the money when they were recording SYW as an advance.

This time, I don't think anyone is shouldering their costs. It's not that they aren't rich as individuals. But I think they have a thrifty side or some of them do. I just am kind of surprised that they're paying money out of their own pocket. But I'm glad to hear they're still at the studio.

Michele
At most... at most... they put the costs up front.. Believe me when I say that their album costs will be reimbursed. Whether it be mixed with the tour gross, or otherwise. It's the least of their worries.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
At most... at most... they put the costs up front.. Believe me when I say that their album costs will be reimbursed. Whether it be mixed with the tour gross, or otherwise. It's the least of their worries.
Yeah, I'm not so worried about FM's studio costs these days, especially considering their 2014 concert ticket prices, and they are not recording as extravagantly as they had in the past. Lindsey has probably completed the bulk of his tracks in his home studio as well. At this point I believe this is a spec album again like SYW (no record contract....yet.) And when & if they all sign a record deal (or release it independently) new releases from bands always provide a bump in catalog sales. If Stevie is on board, which I believe she is, they will have an even better chance of nabbing interest in a "Rumours" line-up album release. I'm more curious about who is co-producing this project. I really hope it's not Mitchell Froom, based upon Lindsey's three "EP" songs.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Florence is AWFUL! She is the proverbial bull in a china shop of music! I'm like 'stop shouting!' LOL
Old 05-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick was spotted coming back to LA today, he must of been out in Hawaii.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz30aDDI9Qy
Old 05-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Mick was spotted coming back to LA today, he must of been out in Hawaii.
This is great. Thanks for posting. Even if you have no idea who he is, everyone is going to stare at Mick as he walks through the airport. Then, he is carrying a guitar case so no one has any doubt that he's a musician. What a character he is.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz30aDDI9Qy

Going his own way! Legendary musician Mick Fleetwood opts for serious flower power as he lands in Los Angeles

By Daily Mail Reporter Published: 11:02 EST, 2 May 2014

He is one of the most successful singer/songwriters in the world, noted for his contribution to Fleetwood Mac's commercial success which first exploded in the 1970s.

But Mick Fleetwood was still channeling something of a flower-power vibe when he landed in Los Angeles airport on Friday.

The 66 year-old was clearly going his own way as he arrived in California, where he stood out from the crowd in a clash of colours.

The acclaimed musician - whose hits include Tusk, You Make Loving Fun and Go Your Own Way - looked like he was back on the east coast to write or record new music as he carried his guitar.

Wearing a bright yellow jacket with pale blue trousers, he accessorised with a pink and white floral scarf and a pair of tan boat shoes.

He also wore his hair in a ponytail, although much of it was covered by his purple-rimmed hat.

Clearly dressed to impress, he attracted many onlookers with his quirky attire as he walked through the airport's arrivals terminal.

But the attention will be welcome now that the British-born star is about to embark on a Fleetwood Mac reunion tour from September, which will see all five original back together on stage.

This will see them perform until 20 December, performing all of their favourite hits.

The Chain group - featuring John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks - have recently welcomed back Christine McVie.

After 15 years of living in the tranquil English countryside, the 70 year-old has made the decision to return to the band for a planned tour.

The British-American band were formed in 1967 in London. Their smash-hit album Rumours sold 40million and topped the U.S. chart for seven months, but their stardom was blighted by cocaine-fuelled excess.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz30afHWkS4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 05-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick is such a character! Surely that is his trusty ukulele, which amuses me that much more...giant Mick travels with a tiny uke.

As much as I don't like the Daily Mail I am pleased that they keep FM on their radar.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You can dress that man in a tipi and he'll still wear it as if he was born in it.

But come on! Singer songwriter? Guitar? What a Total idiot wrote that piece.

Last edited by shackin'up; 05-02-2014 at 04:03 PM..