User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
yo, super-old-skoolers: children of the corn pt. 2.
oh my god. that just brought a tear to my eye.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
YOU OWE ME

Round on me when you hit Vegas again!

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac View Post
As for my comments about the behaviour and language. I'm not prudish and I can swear with the best of them (right Paula? Remember your English lessons? ).
Sure do, you bloody tosser!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Its just lately its taken a rather more sinister turn. A turn into gang culture mentality and scheming. It needs to be taken care of in a careful way and a considered way. It cannot continue if this site is to be taken seriously as a Fleetwood Mac resource.
That's just a little too precious and overdramatic for my taste.

It's an annex of a Fleetwood Mac message board called "Chit Chat", fer chrissakes. How much more of an inane title could be concocted to represent what it is?

The Penguin is the Fleetwood Mac "resource". The Ledge is the living, breathing, changing part of it. Chit Chat should just be renamed "Bull**** Central"- for that is what most of it is. And parts of it are extremely funny and in bad taste, but without that, this place would be as boring as a nunnery.

Anyone who thinks that a person under the age of adolescence would be interested in reading The Ledge is smoking something that I'd like to get my hands on.

"Won't someone puh-leeeeze think of the children?!?!?"
Old 03-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Fluff???

"I dont need no stinkin' fluff"

Old 03-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
There are certain people who like to challenge authority, and when they're given a reason to, they'll "kick it up a notch." It's childish, it makes this a less than pleasant place to be, and it needs to stop, but the way the moderators have been handling it (deleting threads, banning) only makes things worse.
This isn't sarcasm... but if you can suggest an alternate and viable solution, trust me, I'm all ears.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

posting more fluffy pics, perhaps?

what's this fossil thinking right now...I can't help it, but I'm just 'not bovvered' by all this. Same old same old.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
posting more fluffy pics, perhaps?

what's this fossil thinking right now...I can't help it, but I'm just 'not bovvered' by all this. Same old same old.

Love it!

Old 03-28-2007, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower View Post
That's just a little too precious and overdramatic for my taste.
Thats overdramatic? Have you read most of the threads lately? I'm just a straight and honest guy giving my opinion. There are plenty of drama queens on this site to stir things up as it is.

Quote:
It's an annex of a Fleetwood Mac message board called "Chit Chat", fer chrissakes. How much more of an inane title could be concocted to represent what it is?
I don't know, and I'm not particularly bothered. I am more annoyed for Marty and Lis than anybody that what has been a great addition to the Fleetwood Mac community has been hijacked into a smut filled hotspot of triviality. Lets face it. A significant proportion of members are more concerned about themselves than others. I see a lot of fragile egos here these days. So much "me ,me, me" and "I have to give my opinion and a screw yours if its different" mentality. Theres also an undercurrent of sexual tension around too. Its all rather tiresome.

Quote:
The Penguin is the Fleetwood Mac "resource". The Ledge is the living, breathing, changing part of it. Chit Chat should just be renamed "Bull**** Central"- for that is what most of it is. And parts of it are extremely funny and in bad taste, but without that, this place would be as boring as a nunnery.
Well The Penguin is a reference and information site but as you will notice from the address of this website it is linked and a part of The Penguin, therefore it is a resource of that site. The Penguin is the best Fleetwood Mac site on the net by a distance and its a shame that, like all families, theres always a disruptive part. Its not supposed to be a nunnery (bit overdramatic wouldn't you say?) But it is a Fleetwood Mac chat site first and foremost. Or maybe I should say it was?.

In total views the Pre Rumours, Rumours, Post Rumours, Peter Green, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie forums combined give a total of 291,099 views. The Chit Chat forum on its own has 278,087 views. So its clearly the most popular forum now.

So the focus has changed and its one of the reasons some of the more respected members of the forums have left recently.

Quote:
Anyone who thinks that a person under the age of adolescence would be interested in reading The Ledge is smoking something that I'd like to get my hands on.
"Won't someone puh-leeeeze think of the children?!?!?"
Why take a chance? This site was not intended for the topics getting discussed lately. There are thousands of forums on the net catering for the subject matter that is being hinted at all the time. They are only a click away.

But of course, thats just my opinion. Maybe too much of the "me" mentality so common here. Its not up to me to change anything. Just to state my observations as a third party. I think this place is losing more respect by those who came for the music each and every day.

Last edited by madformac; 03-28-2007 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: grammatical error
Old 03-28-2007, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

I think much of the exodus from the other forums is due to FM and the indivuidual members not really doing much in a few years, save for LB, but he never really was the popular one (no slam intended). I think once Stevie's tour gets up and going, there will be more posts in her forum.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
^^^

I think much of the exodus from the other forums is due to FM and the indivuidual members not really doing much in a few years, save for LB, but he never really was the popular one (no slam intended). I think once Stevie's tour gets up and going, there will be more posts in her forum.
Yeah I stated that in my opening post. But Lindsey is at his most prolific and creative for years yet two of his biggest fans have gone. Doesn't really make sense.

Stevie is the most popular member without a doubt. But perhaps her fans are, I would say, the most passionate and highly strung too. Like the lady herself. (I'm trying to be diplomatic here). Which is a good thing when its going well.

Given that she has produced nothing of substance for a while now for whatever reason (I guess even rock stars need a break) those traits which are very strong with her fans can become a little strained without something to focus on. Which is why I would say this whole situation is happening. No focus = trouble in Shangri-La...
Old 03-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . No focus = trouble in Shangri-La...
I agree.

Hopefully, she will release something new soon and/or FM will, which should realign the focus.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thats overdramatic? Have you read most of the threads lately? I'm just a straight and honest guy giving my opinion. There are plenty of drama queens on this site to stir things up as it is.

I don't know, and I'm not particularly bothered. I am more annoyed for Marty and Lis than anybody that what has been a great addition to the Fleetwood Mac community has been hijacked into a smut filled hotspot of triviality. Lets face it. A significant proportion of members are more concerned about themselves than others. I see a lot of fragile egos here these days. So much "me ,me, me" and "I have to give my opinion and a screw yours if its different" mentality. Theres also an undercurrent of sexual tension around too. Its all rather tiresome.

Well The Penguin is a reference and information site but as you will notice from the address of this website it is linked and a part of The Penguin, therefore it is a resource of that site. The Penguin is the best Fleetwood Mac site on the net by a distance and its a shame that, like all families, theres always a disruptive part. Its not supposed to be a nunnery (bit overdramatic wouldn't you say?) But it is a Fleetwood Mac chat site first and foremost. Or maybe I should say it was?.

In total views the Pre Rumours, Rumours, Post Rumours, Peter Green, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie forums combined give a total of 291,099 views. The Chit Chat forum on its own has 278,087 views. So its clearly the most popular forum now.

So the focus has changed and its one of the reasons some of the more respected members of the forums have left recently.

Why take a chance? This site was not intended for the topics getting discussed lately. There are thousands of forums on the net catering for the subject matter that is being hinted at all the time. They are only a click away.

But of course, thats just my opinion. Maybe too much of the "me" mentality so common here. Its not up to me to change anything. Just to state my observations as a third party. I think this place is losing more respect by those who came for the music each and every day.
Thank you for stating the obvious, and thank you for not backing down.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl View Post
Thank you for stating the obvious, and thank you for not backing down.
Nobody is forced to visit Chit Chat. Personally, I think it's a lot of fun, for the most part. I enjoy interacting with a lot of the people here; I generally couldn't care less about FM's next "Rumours Re-hashed" tour, so if Chit Chat was taken away, I probably wouldn't be around too much, and I doubt a lot of others wouldn't, either. But maybe that's what some people want?
Old 03-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
Nobody is forced to visit Chit Chat. Personally, I think it's a lot of fun, for the most part. I enjoy interacting with a lot of the people here; I generally couldn't care less about FM's next "Rumours Re-hashed" tour, so if Chit Chat was taken away, I probably wouldn't be around too much, and I doubt a lot of others wouldn't, either. But maybe that's what some people want?
I think its just a case of things getting out of hand. There has always been an element of playful banter and innuendo if you like. I've even indulged from time to time. But there is a point where it becomes the norm instead of the occasional and The Ledge has reached that point.

As I keep repeatedly stating, its the fact the "in" jokes and gang mentality seep into the other forums. Maybe thats a criticism of the moderators, I don't know. It does seem that a lot of topics get hijacked. Of course all threads move and grow in different ways and can end up totally away from the given subject up for discussion. Its knowing where to draw the line I suppose.

I'm not particularly bothered about a Rumours "rehashed" tour thread either but I respect it because its relevent to the subject matter of course.

I'm hearing a lot of comments about leaving, and about members leaving if Chit Chat is deleted which makes me wonder why they are posting on a website set up for the purpose of discussing this band? Theres nothing wrong with talking about subjects unrelated to this band in Chit Chat. As long as they remain respectful of the site in question. I don't see that happening too much lately.