The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-13-2020, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was under the impression that Target was the only retailer selling the CD version?

I picked up a copy- first CD I have bought since 2012 I think. It's some of the best packaging she's ever had so I had to. It's gorgeous.

It's really a pretty standard CD booklet though, I can't imagine they are selling a version without it.

This might be the best officially recorded version of GDW ever. She still OWNS that song. Wow.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is really a great CD! I'm impressed with Gold Dust Woman a great vibe and sung with great conviction- see she can still sing when she puts her heart into it! The ending of Moon light- was awesome tone to those last notes wish she would do more of this and should've done it in New Orleans. Nicely done and I would. be ok if she went out with this and called it a day except for maybe a few songs and one off's going forward. She doesn't have the writing skills to pull off a great album anymore and long tours can burn her out. And Edge of Seventeen, finally sounds great live!

Last edited by On Ice; 11-13-2020 at 01:43 PM..
Old 11-13-2020, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
I notice that the ones sold by Target have a red sticker saying 'Exclusive Limited Edition Album Art'.

What does that mean? Do the non-Target ones have no pictures inside the CD package?
The CD Album Art is the inside of the package; the art's not in the liner notes book.

It's two flaps I guess is the word imprinted with shiny gold frames that have concert photos of band members within those pretty frames.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
The ending of Moon light- was awesome tone to those last notes wish she would do more of this and should've done it in New Orleans.
I can't recall any falsetto in the New Orleans IAYD recording.
I wish she would've went high for the last lyric of IYWML like it's done on the 24 Karat Gold album.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Have a listen to New Orleans on IYD- Brush by..... it was really nice!
Old 11-13-2020, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
The CD Album Art is the inside of the package; the art's not in the liner notes book.

It's two flaps I guess is the word imprinted with shiny gold frames that have concert photos of band members within those pretty frames.
Thanks for the info!

Unless, I'm mistaken, it looks like the Target version has the lettering done in stamped gold foil, but not the ones sold elsewhere.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since the album is not selling well, I would make sure you get your CDs from Target fast. They won’t be making many more.
Old 11-14-2020, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Since the album is not selling well, I would make sure you get your CDs from Target fast. They won’t be making many more.
Exactly. Looks like karma has began to pay her back.

It's about time...
Old 11-14-2020, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is really a great CD! I'm impressed with Gold Dust Woman a great vibe and sung with great conviction- see she can still sing when she puts her heart into it! The ending of Moon light- was awesome tone to those last notes wish she would do more of this and should've done it in New Orleans. Nicely done and I would. be ok if she went out with this and called it a day except for maybe a few songs and one off's going forward. She doesn't have the writing skills to pull off a great album anymore and long tours can burn her out. And Edge of Seventeen, finally sounds great live!
And it's great that the album has the whole setlist, though I think 'Dreams' and 'Annabelle Lee' were dropped early on.

Brings back good memories of the show I saw (in Seattle).
Old 11-14-2020, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
It was "limited" production from the outset. There might be a sales pickup with the press she's getting from the Miley Cyrus collab. Also, Xmas shopping might result in the copies selling out from the Target shelves.

I heard Show Them the Way on Sirius' The Pulse today.
Old 11-14-2020, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
It was "limited" production from the outset. There might be a sales pickup with the press she's getting from the Miley Cyrus collab. Also, Xmas shopping might result in the copies selling out from the Target shelves.

I heard Show Them the Way on Sirius' The Pulse today.
I’m sorry but if she can’t even crack the Top 200, her career is over. I never thought I would live to see the day she couldn’t even crack the Top 200. She is smart enough to know not to waste more money on making a new album. Her solo career has ended. Sigh....
Old 11-14-2020, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
And it's great that the album has the whole setlist, though I think 'Dreams' and 'Annabelle Lee' were dropped early on.
Wait, are you saying that “Annabel Lee” is not on this? That is one of my all-time favorites.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-14-2020, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Wait, are you saying that “Annabel Lee” is not on this? That is one of my all-time favorites.

Nope,

According to this set-list site, 'Annabel Lee' was only performed 5 times on the '24K' tour, so it didn't end up on the new album.

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/stevie-...?tour=13d7d571
Old 11-14-2020, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The live CD actually has some very good moments as for a new album if the dreadful Show Them the Way is any indication she has really lost it. Her writing skills and musicality have deserted her.

Old 11-28-2020, 02:18 AM
Junior Ledgie

I picked up the clear vinyl version at Barnes and Noble today. Nice heavyweight vinyl and it has great album art.....much better than the cd version from Target!