User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Those of us who love Christine's new song and support her in creating new music wish you well while you wait to see if the new songs are up to your standards.
Or up to the standard that she has set for the past 45 years or so.

Old 05-20-2017, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
It is isn't really a review and mentions no specifics just some gushing praise.
You're funny! Kind of a gushing review and you want to marginalize it in the worst way for some reason. Don't be mad, just an observation looking at this and past posts of yours on this subject, take it for what it is, someone who obviously loves the new album whether you do or not.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or up to the standard that she has set for the past 45 years or so.
I'm sure Christine's top priority is assuring her material meets your expectations. The only "standard" that exists here is the one you've created and project upon others.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I'm sure Christine's top priority is assuring her material meets your expectations. The only "standard" that exists here is the one you've created and project upon others.
I couldn't agree more, this is the issue with this entire project. I feel a few fans have pigeonholed the entire band as to the sound and style of this record and if it isn't what they are expecting said member has "lost it"
Old 05-20-2017, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
I couldn't agree more, this is the issue with this entire project. I feel a few fans have pigeonholed the entire band as to the sound and style of this record and if it isn't what they are expecting said member has "lost it"
Agreed. Enjoy the new music as new music. I'm sure in 1979 there were a lot of FM fans who were turned off by the "new" sound of Tusk, for instance. I remember how many people complained when "Big Love" was released in 1987. There were dee-jays saying "We waited five years for THAT?" Well, now FM fans and the general public consider "Big Love'" one of the band's classic songs. Forging ahead with a new sound and new approach to music is what keeps artist's alive.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
While it's taken me a few tries with "Sleeping".... I love these new songs. They are really cool in the car driving on the freeway... They sound like an album between Mirage and Tango.. I love the new material.

The David Wild assessment and this latest review are great for the people that really want to hear and love the new music. Not so great for the folks that want to pounce because good reviews will tick them off and trigger jealousy.

But, it's a free speech kind of board so I just observe all the opinions and chuckle.

Neither one of these two artists have "lost it." They sound great together.. and for their age.. I'm proud of them for creating and putting themselves out there for the fans that have really missed them.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-20-2017 at 02:29 PM..
Old 05-20-2017, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I rarely post, but I first came to the old ledge as far back as '96. Now just as back then there are a few angry, miserable, bottom feeding trolls who take joy in demeaning the work of the band and its members, particularly the ones they find themselves less aligned with. They shoot down all discourse that does not agree with them. They take joy in telling you what you like is not worthy of their sophisticated aural palette.

I am sure the music will please many, and some will find it a piece of work that does not appeal to them. All of which is a perfectly normal course. It is the degrading vitriol that makes this space nothing more than an extension of our sad political state.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
I rarely post, but I first came to the old ledge as far back as '96. Now just as back then there are a few angry, miserable, bottom feeding trolls who take joy in demeaning the work of the band and its members, particularly the ones they find themselves less aligned with. They shoot down all discourse that does not agree with them. They take joy in telling you what you like is not worthy of their sophisticated aural palette.

I am sure the music will please many, and some will find it a piece of work that does not appeal to them. All of which is a perfectly normal course. It is the degrading vitriol that makes this space nothing more than an extension of our sad political state.
Well I hope you stick around then. An educated and alternate voice is always welcome and has a way of changing the course of the norm. As for our political state, I couldn't agree more. I miss the simple courtesies of life that people often forget.

Cheers..
Old 05-20-2017, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have probably said it 50 times since I joined this board, but I'm really, really proud of Christine and Lindsey. They're making new music, which is fantastic at their age, because they truly want to do it, not just because they have to.
So far, I'm loving this album and I couldn't care less about those who want it to fail or for them to play at half empty venues. They made an album for us. I don't see many FM members doing that these days.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 05-20-2017 at 06:14 PM..
Old 05-20-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I have probably said it 50 times since I joined this board, but I'm really, really proud of Christine and Lindsey. They're making new music, which is fantastic at their age, because they truly want to do it, not just because they have to.
So far, I'm loving this album and I couldn't care less about those who want it to fail or for them to play at half empty venus. They made an album for us. I don't see many FM members doing that these days.
bitter is as bitter does.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Agreed. Enjoy the new music as new music. I'm sure in 1979 there were a lot of FM fans who were turned off by the "new" sound of Tusk, for instance. I remember how many people complained when "Big Love" was released in 1987. There were dee-jays saying "We waited five years for THAT?" Well, now FM fans and the general public consider "Big Love'" one of the band's classic songs. Forging ahead with a new sound and new approach to music is what keeps artist's alive.

You got that right! That's exactly what was being said at the time. I'm loving this new music and can't wait to hear the entire collection. I question why some of these "so called fans" of their music even listen to their "newer music" if you don't like it that's cool but bail. Don't trash it.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
You got that right! That's exactly what was being said at the time. I'm loving this new music and can't wait to hear the entire collection. I question why some of these "so called fans" of their music even listen to their "newer music" if you don't like it that's cool but bail. Don't trash it.
There are a few legit posters that don't like the new music and I invite that. Lindsey and Christine are a delicacy of sophisticated taste (not for everyone).

It's the trolling to say the same comment (for the purpose of raining on someone else's parade) that get annoying.

I've been checking the youtubes, lately.

The public really seems to like the new music.

Feel About You 602 thumbs up 21 thumbs down
In My World 1903 thumbs up 59 thumbs down
Sleeping ATC 267 thumbs up 18 thumbs down

Not too shabby...

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-20-2017 at 07:12 PM..
Old 05-20-2017, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
There are a few legit posters that don't like the new music and I invite that. Lindsey and Christine are a delicacy of sophisticated taste (not for everyone).

It's the trolling to say the same comment (for the purpose of raining on someone else's parade) that get annoying.

I've been checking the youtubes, lately.

The public really seems to like the new music.

Feel About You 602 thumbs up 21 thumbs down
In My World 1903 thumbs up 59 thumbs down
Sleeping ATC 267 thumbs up 18 thumbs down

Not too shabby...

Thanks for the stats!
Old 05-20-2017, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You're funny! Kind of a gushing review and you want to marginalize it in the worst way for some reason. Don't be mad, just an observation looking at this and past posts of yours on this subject, take it for what it is, someone who obviously loves the new album whether you do or not.
and your interminable posts about Stevie are identical to what you are accusing me of posting about one song on one album expect in your case it is much more all encompassing ..I may be a bit negative in my opinion of that one song but you are the last one on here that should be calling anyone out on negativity or trolling.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
and your interminable posts about Stevie are identical to what you are accusing me of posting about one song on one album expect in your case it is much more all encompassing ..I may be a bit negative in my opinion of that one song but you are the last one on here that should be calling anyone out on negativity or trolling.
and scene......

We all have our days... including myself... and now that we've all said what we've had to say...

......... let's just put our humor back on and remember it's a band about drama.. And also, we all have to remember to be human to each other...

You guys are the sky at night to me.. lol...

seriously, let's all try to get along.. Stevie I want to go over there and kiss Lindsey and tell him you love him... go on...

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-20-2017 at 08:50 PM..