Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default San Diego

I'm catching the show tomorrow - is anyone else going?
Old 05-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stew, whatcha doin in San Diego tomorrow?!
Tammy & Tiff & some others were thinking about going, & they wanted me to go with them. If I go, I'll look around for you. But I really don't want to go cause the band really sucks.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-31-2009, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Diego

I'm going. I got a 2nd row TM ticket drop May 22nd. Two hour drive but it'll be worth it to see the Mac! Traffic should be fine since it's a Sunday. I just hope they aren't working on the road. Gotta check that out. Say U2 at the Sports Arena (when it was called IPay) and they were working on the freeway and it took me 3 hrs to get home that night. Ugh!

Can't wait.

Carol Lynn
SoCalGal
Old 05-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be there too. The ticket drops were not as good as I expected for this show, so I was glad that I went ahead and paid a little extra for some "platinum" seats in the 4th row center. A local ticket agency here is offering floor seats WAAAY in the back (like 30th row) for $350 each!! That's way more than what I paid for my platinum seats in the 4th row ($240 each). So even though I had to pay slightly more, I'm glad I did it.

~jamie
Old 06-01-2009, 04:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great show tonight and bittersweet, because I don't know when I'll see them again.

As New Orleans won't be the last show, I won't try to go there and I'm not sure about Canada . . .

Driving down Sports Arena Blvd. I see signs advertising something called "Rock the House." The signs feature celebrities like Britney Spears and Cher. One has Lindsey on it and above him just the single word "Fleetwood." Odd, but nice.

I love seeing how the Gypsy introduction changes. At first Stevie says that after the drummer calls she was rehearsing at Lindsey's house 5:30 p.m. the next day. But these days she's saying that the drummer probably called her on a Friday, so she told her parents that she was joining the band and wasn't at Lindsey's house rehearsing until the following Monday. Hmmm. Maybe that's why Monday morning sure looks fine to LB.

She says that she wants to tell part of the Gypsy story she doesn't tell at other shows. Fritz went on a little road trip at the end, in 1969. They went through San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Monterey. The Santa Monica Civic Center, on the bill with Leon Russell. And they also came right here to San Diego at the Sports Arena. As she was driving to the venue, Stevie realized that it hasn't changed at all in these many years. "Even the dressing rooms are the same!" She laughs.

She talks about their little house in San Jose, then, as she concludes the story saying that the song harks back "to the gypsies that Lindsey and I were," it, of course, dovetails nicely with Lindsey's addition to the Try for the Sun lyrics. I wonder if Stevie has given a listen to that at all.

Lindsey dedicates Big Love to his nephew Cooper and his niece Cory, who are in the audience tonight. Cory is in the audience every night. Duh! Lindsey realizes this because he looks at Cory in the wings and kind of shrugs and laughs. Lindsey also dedicated GOS to his nieces and nephews, brothers and parents.

Stevie dedicates Landslide to Doc Jacobs a soldier who has returned from Iraq and a friend of hers. "This is for you, Doc."

I notice that Mick has a nice little call and answer thing going with the audience during World Turning. Now, I've wanted one of things for FM ever since I attended the Tom Petty concert and heard him trade the "learning to fly is the hardest part" lines with his audience. I wanted Fleetwood Mac to share verses with us like that -- but I didn't want it to be during Mick's drum solo.

At the end of the show, Lindsey totally spoils any hope I have of behaving with sanity in the future by pointing and mouthing the words, "I like your t-shirt." I grin and mouth back, "I know. Thank you." Now, I will spend every waking minute on zazzle.com designing new t-shirts, especially for him. The one I'm wearing boasts a picture from OOTC's inner sleeve which features the back of his extremely lovely head. I'm impressed he recognized it, as his head has surely changed over the years. I'm not saying it's gotten bigger. I'm just saying . . .

I'll post pictures below,

Michele

Old 06-01-2009, 04:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 06-01-2009, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 06-01-2009, 04:37 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Driving down Sports Arena Blvd. I see signs advertising something called "Rock the House." The signs feature celebrities like Britney Spears and Cher. One has Lindsey on it and above him just the single word "Fleetwood." Odd, but nice.
They've been there for a long time. When I was there in March '05 for opening night of the U2 tour, I saw them.

Sweet sassy molassy, that arena is a DUMP.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There's one with John laughing as Lindsey comes back to the drum kit after Oh Well.

Last edited by michelej1; 06-01-2009 at 04:47 AM..
Old 06-01-2009, 04:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbnails

Old 06-01-2009, 04:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 06-01-2009, 04:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 06-01-2009, 04:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
They've been there for a long time. When I was there in March '05 for opening night of the U2 tour, I saw them.

Yes, I remember seeing them when I drove down for Lindsey's solo shows. I got the impression that the arena was not too ritzy when Stevie joked about the dressing rooms being the same as they were in the sixties.

Michele
Old 06-01-2009, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

See, Michele, you can now discuss tee-shirt making with Lindsey.

We all have more in common than we think (you know he bedazzles at home like crazy).

Are you going to Vegas? Oh, wait. Sorry, you answered that.

Thanks for the pictures and the great review, as always. There was an awful lot of smiling going on yesterday. Maybe I will have to fork over the money for two shows instead of one (although the east coast seems to make them cranky).
Old 06-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post

It's like going home with an ugly date. When the lights go out it can be a lot of fun!

Seriously, when are they going to tear that place down? When the original schedule came out FM was to play at Cox Arena on the San Diego State campus. The other thing I noticed. All the OLD people. Then I remembered most were around my age I bet if some of them knew they were going to live this long they would have taken better care of themselves.

They played on all cylinders last night. All the adjectives used to describe Lindsey's performance at prior shows were evident last night. The man is a beast and had the audience enthralled all night long. And whatever was wrong with Stevie early on the tour was not evident last night. I hesitated even going if it was to see a disinterested Stevie on stage. That was not the case last night. She seemed very animated and playful and the vocals were "primo" Stevie!