Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Billy's new album on iTunes?

Billy posted on Facebook that his new album is available on iTunes.

Quote:
Hey Everyone, I have new music out on I-Tunes!!!Best, BB
I have nither an iPod or iTunes. Can someone confirm this please?

Matt
Old 06-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yes it is. it was released on june 6th and is called Rock & Roll With It and is selling for 9.99
Old 06-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
yes it is. it was released on june 6th and is called Rock & Roll With It and is selling for 9.99
Wow...how did we miss this????

Now if only it was available on iTunes Australia...

Well either it gets released here, gets released in a physical copy or I'll have to hunt down a pirate copy

EDIT

I have another idea how I can get this album (and probably this would work for Street Dreamer too). If someone buys the album from iTunes US and sends it to me (via mediafire etc) then I'll send them the money via Paypal? PM me if this is possible!

Last edited by chriskisn; 06-08-2011 at 07:32 PM..
Old 06-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's the easiest and most profitable way to release music today. Most established artists won't see a dime from their new albums if they're still on a label. I think 10% is being generous.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-09-2011, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

So no "hard copy" release? (I know I'm too old school for my own good )

John
Old 06-09-2011, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post

John
You are!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Wow...how did we miss this????

Now if only it was available on iTunes Australia...

Well either it gets released here, gets released in a physical copy or I'll have to hunt down a pirate copy

EDIT

I have another idea how I can get this album (and probably this would work for Street Dreamer too). If someone buys the album from iTunes US and sends it to me (via mediafire etc) then I'll send them the money via Paypal? PM me if this is possible!
Tried to friend Billy on facebook to ask him about album availability other than US itunes but got rejected (by facebook) as he already has too many friend requests apparently.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
EDIT

Unless I know even less than I thought about computers, one cannot transfer iTunes to mediafire.

Also, although I could "gift" iTunes tracks to other people with US iTunes, one cannot do so internationally.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Unless I know even less than I thought about computers, one cannot transfer iTunes to mediafire.

Also, although I could "gift" iTunes tracks to other people with US iTunes, one cannot do so internationally.
I was discussing this with a friend of my mothers in the USA who also says that the tracks wouldn't work if sent this way.

However, when I download in Australia they download in .m4a format which surely could be then zipped up, uploaded to mediafire (or the like) downloaded by me, unzipped, and converted to mp3 with something like Switch Sound File Converter and then added to my iTunes.

Apparently (and I haven't tried) you can create a US itunes account easily enough (create one using the address of a church in either Oregon or Florida apparently to avoid taxes?) and then get gift cards off the net. Obviously you can't use an Australian credit card to pay so you need US gift cards. You can buy these off ebay but apparently many of them are bought with stolen cards so they you get in trouble with Apple and can have your account cancelled. There are also services which offer to buy you US iTunes cards but not sure how legit they are.

While Apple does not "offically" allow this, I guess it would be better than pirating the music which would be a much easier option (but I'm trying to give Mr Burnette his $9.99).
Old 06-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bought the album last night. Just listened to the clips and haven't listened all the way through yet, but it sounds great from what I DID hear.

AND, he continues his tradition of re-recording a song from a previous album. This time around the song is "My Love Will Not Change", which was previously recorded & released on his Memphis To Manhattan album. (at least he didn't do ANOTHER version of "The Bigger The Love". )
Old 06-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
You are!
Well I guess I just want me some liner notes (not that Billy ever had much of those in his albums in the first place but...).

John
Old 06-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just bought it. Haven't had a chance to listen to it.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was discussing this with a friend of my mothers in the USA who also says that the tracks wouldn't work if sent this way.

However, when I download in Australia they download in .m4a format which surely could be then zipped up, uploaded to mediafire (or the like) downloaded by me, unzipped, and converted to mp3 with something like Switch Sound File Converter and then added to my iTunes.
But I think you are forgetting the fact that iTunes does SOMETHING (too technical for me to understand) to the files so they can't be shared by any means whatsoever, except as a CD (limited burns allowed) which can be heard on a cd player but NOT downloaded onto a computer.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
But I think you are forgetting the fact that iTunes does SOMETHING (too technical for me to understand) to the files so they can't be shared by any means whatsoever, except as a CD (limited burns allowed) which can be heard on a cd player but NOT downloaded onto a computer.
Well we'll see. A friend of my mother's in the US is going to download it (obviously I'll pay him) and then send it to me, and I'll try to hack it anyway I can (amazing what you can find on the net to do such but we'll see).

Failing that, I'll find someone to buy me a US iTunes gift card and get around it that way. (against iTunes's terms of service but apparently quite a widely used loophole).

You'd think if they were serious about stamping out piracy they would make stuff much more easy to buy across the world. I'm not trying to steal the damn thing I'm trying to PAY for it!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post

John
I'm still waiting/hoping that this will be released on disc. If not, I'll bite the bullett and download the digitial tracks.

Matt