The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What songs do you want to hear least (Realistically)

I added realistically because this isn't a thread for songs were most sick of. I know 90 percent of us would like for them to not play Dreams, but that's not realalistic. I do sort of agree with the band that there are certain songs they shouldn't exclude, but I disagree with how long their Must Do list actually is. I will be very upset to see any of these songs in th 2013 set:

1. Monday Morning- this song probably tops my list. It's in no way a must do and if they try to pass this off as a surprise song again I'll be pissed. It was a cool opener And song to hear for the one tour but thats enough.

2. Stand Back- I already mentioned this in detail in the IYD thread but I don't want to hear the excuse of this being an honarary Mac song and it not being a must do. It stole the show for one tour (SYW) not any tour before that or after. If they're gonna contemplate adding other solo stuff this needs to go.

3. Never Going Back Again- all the songs on my list are very enjoyable to me in concert. They just need to go for the sake of making room. That is except for this one. I know Lindsey feels this is his Landslide or something but it does not need to be played. Hes worse then Stevie with insisting on playing this song. This could easily be replaced with save me a place or one of his many solo guitar songs from this decade.

4. Gypsy or Sara- I think she should do one of these, I don't care which.

5. World Turning- another one I've never not enjoyed thoroughly each time I they've played it but there's so many other songs mick could do his solo on. more then this song, I just don't want the encores to be the same on this tour.

6. Silver Springs- she kicked this songs ass again on the unleashed tour unlike SYW and it was a great way to close the show but I think it's 3 tour streak is enough.

7. Say you love me- now that I think about it, this is actually higher then Monday morning for me. Please don't waste any set space on doing a poor rendition of any Christine song for that matter.

8. I don't want to know- didn't say this list is limited to what they've actually played. I have a VERY strong feeling they will do this song on this tour. It fits micks whole buckingham nicks focus for part of the show, and they're on a big rumours kick (more then the usual rumours kick) and thats the one song they could still call a surprise and play a rumours song. But I just don't want it.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, Stevie really doesn't HAVE to play Stand Back. She has plenty of Fleetwood Mac "hits"... it's entirely unnecessary. If she and Lindsey are going to play music from IYD and SWS they need to cut Stand Back and Go Insane, in my opinion.

I like Never Going Back Again. He just needs to speed it up some. It's ridiculously slow to the point that it's almost obnoxious now.. and I say this about one of my favorite FM songs ever.

And I'd be happy to hear I Don't Want to Know. Actually, I'd be happy to hear just about anything we haven't heard before (or at least, not in 40 years).
Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Don't Stop. I don't care if Christine herself comes back to sing it. I just plain don't like the song, it's cheesy & so very un Mac-like.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd rather not hear Second Hand News, Gypsy or their God-awful version of Say You Love Me and instead give me Sisters, What Makes You... and a Buckingham Nicks tune.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unrealistically-Landslide, from your list-NGBA
Old 02-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After thinking about it NGBA may not be realalistic to not be done at this point. The fact that it wasn't played on the dance tour is the only thing making it somewhat realalistic. But again, I think Lindsey has this on the same pedestal as so afraid, which at least deserves it's pedestal.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There are quite a few that I could do without....just taking the 2009 setlist...

Monday Morning - I totally agree that it was a nice song to bring back for the one tour and quite a surprise to open with something OTHER than The Chain for the first time since what, 1990?

I Know I'm Not Wrong - I like the song, I like that it's an obscure Tusk song that made the set, but after playing it in 2004 and 2009, it's time to let it go. This isn't some popular warhorse, most of the audience is like "what is this song?" and there are plenty of other never- or rarely played gems that could take it's place.

Gypsy - unless it's totally revamped (similar to the acoustic version they did in 2000 at the AHI benefit), they could never do this song justice on stage, and it's only gotten worse since The Dance DVD (the last time I enjoyed it).

Go Insane - No more. If Lindsey must do a solo song again, pick something else. Something off one of his most recent albums or my favorite from Out of the Cradle, Countdown!

Sara - After putting this song out to pasture for over 20 years, it was great to have it revived in 2004 and 2009, but again, if it makes room for some other lost gems (Angel, Sisters, hell, even Seven Wonders), I say it's time for Sara to take a hike.

Big Love - I'm sorry, but this song has gotten old. The song wasn't THAT big of a hit and surely the song itself isn't why it's so popular when Lindsey plays it. I think it has a LOT more to do with the fact that one man, a guitar, and a microphone are generating that much music at one time with no accompaniment that is why this is so popular. Lindsey could give another song the "Big Love" treatment and I think it too would be a good thing.

Storms - Once was enough, time for something else.

Say You Love Me - They did an admirable job trying to show some love to Chris, but I'd rather hear Hold Me or Little Lies if they wanted to tackle one of her tunes again.

Stand Back - I know Stevie loves this one because she feels she doesn't have an up tempo rocker in her Fleetwood Mac songs...but I'd be all about replacing it with Angel, or better yet, Everybody Finds Out.

World Turning - I don't like this song, I never did, and I never will. I think it makes for an awful choice as an encore...in particular with the drum solo (which was at least half tolerable in it's 2009 format without the dumb pads that Mick was rocking for 20 years).

Don't Stop - No, please do stop. This song is tired and boring without Chris on the keys.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I added realistically because this isn't a thread for songs were most sick of. I know 90 percent of us would like for them to not play Dreams, but that's not realalistic. I do sort of agree with the band that there are certain songs they shouldn't exclude, but I disagree with how long their Must Do list actually is. I will be very upset to see any of these songs in th 2013 set:

1. Monday Morning- this song probably tops my list. It's in no way a must do and if they try to pass this off as a surprise song again I'll be pissed. It was a cool opener And song to hear for the one tour but thats enough.

2. Stand Back- I already mentioned this in detail in the IYD thread but I don't want to hear the excuse of this being an honarary Mac song and it not being a must do. It stole the show for one tour (SYW) not any tour before that or after. If they're gonna contemplate adding other solo stuff this needs to go.

3. Never Going Back Again- all the songs on my list are very enjoyable to me in concert. They just need to go for the sake of making room. That is except for this one. I know Lindsey feels this is his Landslide or something but it does not need to be played. Hes worse then Stevie with insisting on playing this song. This could easily be replaced with save me a place or one of his many solo guitar songs from this decade.

4. Gypsy or Sara- I think she should do one of these, I don't care which.

5. World Turning- another one I've never not enjoyed thoroughly each time I they've played it but there's so many other songs mick could do his solo on. more then this song, I just don't want the encores to be the same on this tour.

6. Silver Springs- she kicked this songs ass again on the unleashed tour unlike SYW and it was a great way to close the show but I think it's 3 tour streak is enough.

7. Say you love me- now that I think about it, this is actually higher then Monday morning for me. Please don't waste any set space on doing a poor rendition of any Christine song for that matter.

8. I don't want to know- didn't say this list is limited to what they've actually played. I have a VERY strong feeling they will do this song on this tour. It fits micks whole buckingham nicks focus for part of the show, and they're on a big rumours kick (more then the usual rumours kick) and thats the one song they could still call a surprise and play a rumours song. But I just don't want it.
I especially agree with this. I was genuinely bored during NGBA in 2009, and it's a pity because it's one of my top 10 FM songs. He needs to speed it up definitely. The whispering is getting ridiculous. Is he trying to be sexy? I mean this song is all about passion and anger, i think his interpretation is wrong. Maybe he's doing the song differently because he has grown, blablabla, cycles, but i think he's wrong on this one.

Also Monday Morning, SHN, and SYLM : OUT. Lindsey wrote so many beautiful songs for Tusk that would fit prefectly in a setlist. I want The Ledge.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
World Turning - the drum solo (which was at least half tolerable in it's 2009 format without the dumb pads that Mick was rocking for 20 years).

Don't Stop - No, please do stop. This song is tired and boring without Chris on the keys.
Everyone hates Mick's solo but Mick. You cracked me up with your thoughts on Don't Stop.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Everyone hates Mick's solo but Mick. You cracked me up with your thoughts on Don't Stop.
I like Micks solo.It gives him time in the spotlight but I would like to see World Turning to be shorten a little bit since it drags alittle and maybe sneak in another tune into the setlist since it will be more time.

Thats my only complaint .

I think the concert goers use this tune to get a beer something to eat or go to the bathroom.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Registered

The only song I wish they would drop is Stand Back. I agree with a comment made a few weeks back about it sounding almost like a wall of sound. She shouts rather than sings and the words come out so fast that it's almost like she wants to get it over and done with. I have to admit that I just cringe during most of the performances because it sounds downright awful more times than not. I understand the song gets the energy going but if they insist on performing a solo song then do Rooms on Fire or Stop Dragging My Heart Around with Lindsey.

So yeah, Stand Back is going to signal a toilet break for me if they do it again this year.

Don't Stop is another track I wouldn't miss but that will never go. I've also never cared for Never Going Back Again.

Last edited by TheSorcerer; 02-04-2013 at 01:22 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Sisters of the Moon" because nothing will compare to the Mirage Tour version and I think a new live version would be a let down.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with Stand Back.

I would also like to Landslide drop from the set, but I have more of a chance of seeing snow than that happening.

I agree with Don't Stop and any Christine song unless she is touring with them.

I will edit if I think of more.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I think Stand Back also stole the show for the Cage and Mask tours. It gave me something to look forward to when things looked dreary.

But if they can put in an FM Stevie song that will get the crowd on its feet, then they should do that. She has a lot of songs that the audience loves, but if she also needs one that will make them jump up and start dancing. Rhiannon may foot that bill and Stand Back certainly does. But it would be great to substitute it with something FM.

Generally, I'm not in favor of them doing solo songs. If you like them as solo artists, I think you should want them to keep things sacred for their solo shows. Let them carve out and build up that solo identity. EO17 is Stevie's show stopping pinnacle and it should stay that way. If you bring it to FM you lose some of the magic.

Lindsey did not use Go Insane during the SYW tour and it made me appreciate it all the more when he went on his solo tour after that. It makes the artist stronger if they have their own set that is distinct from FM's.

Michele
Old 02-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Don't Stop. I don't care if Christine herself comes back to sing it. I just plain don't like the song, it's cheesy & so very un Mac-like.
I think the song is Mac-like, an aspect of Fleetwood Mac, but Christine singlehandedly brought this band to its knees with Don't Stop and Little Lies. I mean, I'm very proud to have them in the catalog, but it's not what you want out there as representation. it gives people a wrong idea of what FM is. It is those songs, but thank heaven it's far from being only those songs.

I mean, Christine's most popular songs catapulted the band into the same category as The Captain and Tennille. No one wants to stand for muskrat love.

Michele