242gxzk.jpg

124752089_df25630738.jpg
Old 11-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The 15th show on The Tusk Tour
November 17,1979
Boston, Massachusetts
Venue: Boston Garden

This is one of the shows that if I had known about I wouldda been there. I had only known about the Nov. 10 New Haven concert because at that time I was a listener of WPLR in New Haven. I didn't listen to any Boston radio stations then, so I missed it. Major bummer.

From BILLBOARD Magazine
November17,1979 (magazine mis-dates it at Nov.19)
Boston, Massachusetts
Venue: The Garden
Headliner: Fleetwood Mac
No opening act
Produced by: Don Law Co.
Tickets: $12.50-$15.00
Sellout(12,491)
Gross Receipts: $183,333.00
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0snmf.jpg (26.3 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by vivfox; 06-17-2008 at 11:40 PM..
Old 11-18-2007, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I always thought this live shot of Stevie was taken in St. Louis, Missouri in Nov.1979
Another pic of Stevie at the Hollywood Star Ceremony
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0sn81ny2.jpg (88.4 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 210zgh1.jpg (43.4 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by vivfox; 11-18-2007 at 03:03 AM..
Old 11-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
The 15th show on The Tusk Tour
November 17,1979
Boston, Massachusetts
Venue: Boston Garden

There's no sense in me posting this show when it's already posted in another thread. I have provided the link from that thread since it is still active. Many thanks to Michelle2677 for the link.

Boston, MA 11*17*79
http://www.mediafire.com/?1tsnxkl99t9

This is one of the shows that if I had known about I wouldda been there. I had only known about the Nov. 10 New Haven concert because at that time I was a listener of WPLR in New Haven. I didn't listen to any Boston radio stations then, so I missed it. Major bummer cause the Boston show was much better than the New Haven gig.

From BILLBOARD Magazine
November17,1979 (magazine mis-dates it at Nov.19)
Boston, Massachusetts
Venue: The Garden
Headliner: Fleetwood Mac
No opening act
Produced by: Don Law Co.
Tickets: $12.50-$15.00
Sellout(12,491)
Gross Receipts: $183,333.00
I have a couple of WPLR"S "Stoneman" Fleetwood Mac specials that I made when I was a teenager on my am/fm/cassette turntable thingy I cherished for years......if my memory serves me correctly didn't Stoneman introduce Danny Douma(and I believe I wanted him to finish and get the hell off the stage)and the band in New Haven??
Old 11-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The 16th night of The Tusk Tour
November 20,1979
Rochester, New York
Venue: War Memorial
Old 11-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywyldhrt View Post
I have a couple of WPLR"S "Stoneman" Fleetwood Mac specials that I made when I was a teenager on my am/fm/cassette turntable thingy I cherished for years......if my memory serves me correctly didn't Stoneman introduce Danny Douma(and I believe I wanted him to finish and get the hell off the stage)and the band in New Haven??
Hey lady lover! I have never remembered anyone who introduced any band I have ever seen in my whole life. I find it interesting that you do. Do you have any other memories of the New Haven show?
Old 11-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Hey lady lover! I have never remembered anyone who introduced any band I have ever seen in my whole life. I find it interesting that you do. Do you have any other memories of the New Haven show?

I only remember him because he was my favorite DJ-he played the trodnossel studios tape all the time-FM was his professed "favorite band". They would have nightly specials from 6:30 to 8 during the week. He always picked the best pre buck/nicks and post buck/nicks songs.

As for other memories, I remember that it was mellow-I mean I was only 15 at the time. I was only allowed to go to concerts when I turned 15 in September of '79. I had been to Jethro Tull that oct., and Black Sabbath/Blue Oyster Cult in Sept. I Started with heavy duty metal, went to "classical rock" and then totally fell in love for life with fleetwood mac-the band itself, it's whole "persona" and especially, hopelessly, unconditionally in love with Stevie Nicks-well, just because-I don't think I would have to justify that here.......

and I do remember the balloons..... Did I ever tell you about those photos I bought from some kid I went to H.S. with?? His brother went to the concert-took pictures, and printed them on giant 20x15 photo paper(in B & W).I got them for $5 bucks each like the last day of school in 1980.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

the 17th night of The Tusk Tour
November 21,1979
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Venue: The Spectrum

There is a boot of this show. It only has 8 tracks from the entire show. The boot is titled LIVE IVORY. Get it if you can. It has a good live Sister's of the Moon. I have this show on cassette, not cd unfortunately.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
November 21,1979

There is a boot of this show. It only has 8 tracks from the entire show. The boot is titled LIVE IVORY. Get it if you can. It has a good live Sister's of the Moon. I have this show on cassette, not cd unfortunately.
That boot originally got released on 33 vinyl. I had a couple of copies of it through the years, hoping each successive one sounded a little better, but none ever did. Some fans have a lot of affection for that one because it was one of the worst-sounding live recordings from those days. It also has Save Me a Place.

I know I'm a little early for the November 25 Tusk show at the Capital Centre, but I won't be in town for that, so I want to post my thumbnails for that show here.

Nov. 25, 1979
Capital Centre
Landover MD

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nov. 25, 1979
Capital Centre
Landover MD
(cont)

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nov. 25, 1979
Capital Centre
Landover MD
(last batch)

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

David, these are stunning. I'm so jealous but I was 9 during that tour so I don't suppose I could've gone. Not with my parents anyway. Have you sold these?
Old 11-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks David --- incredible photos and so many of them.

I particularly like the ones with John McVie... He is so quiet - or gives that appearance - on stage and in photographs.

1979 I was 26 - single and a school teacher - making $450 a month in a small town in Nebraska. Too far away and too little money. I am glad you others took the advantage, I let slip away.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That boot originally got released on 33 vinyl. I had a couple of copies of it through the years, hoping each successive one sounded a little better, but none ever did. Some fans have a lot of affection for that one because it was one of the worst-sounding live recordings from those days. It also has Save Me a Place.
Do you still have the vinyl copies? I used to have some of Cat Stevens....till my older brother swiped them... That tells you where I was in the 70's...
Old 11-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
November 21,1979

I pulled out the cassette to tell you the song list.
Side One:Not that Funny--Over & Over--Sara--What Makes You Think You're The One--
Side Two:Save Me A Place--Tusk--Angel--Sister's Of The Moon--

After they start playing Save Me A Place someone screwed up and so they stop and start the song over again. This really is a very good show. You should really try to get this if you can.