User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I wouldn't mind a repackaging of Vault 1 as long as some tracks were re-recorded/remixed and of course, Vault 2 was included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I wouldn't mind a repackaging of 24K with a new, proper remastering! There are weird things going on with the final mix of that album. She could pair it with a second disc of live recordings from the Fillmore or Wiltern Shows!
nooo.... way too soon for any sort of remix/remaster/rerelease of that album. no one who hasn't already bought it is going to buy it in a new format. And it would be a waste of the opportunity to get new music out.

It's bad enough we're not getting new Mac music any time soon, for her to delay a FM album for a retread would be an even greater sin.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
I always felt that SN would do another album with FM. I must admit,though, it was fun to watch the debate whether she would or not.
How could she not???
Like waiting for Hillary Clinton to announce she was running for president!

The idea of a FM album/"project" without Stevie sounds incredibly ominous but I am glad to hear she has officially committed to another album!

I would welcome SFTV 2 and a small Stevie tour in the interim before the next FM album!!

I love that people are always asking about Buckingham Nicks. Maybe all this pestering will get them to actually release it!

Stevie and FM both should hire Dave Stewart to promote their album, IMHO. From what I hear, a lot of the successful 24KG promotion (i.e. Stevie's photo exhibit) were his ideas.

Slight tangent, but I wish the band/Stevie would stop using exclusively morning TV to try to get the word out. They say the same thing on every show and I of course speak for myself here, but I don't know anyone who watches morning shows. The only time I watch is if the show has posted a clip of someone I like on Youtube. I think they'd be better off with late night appearances or high-profile cameos in other mediums if they want new fans.

I'm in my twenties and I discovered the band a few years ago through Stevie's American Horror Story appearance. My dad was a fan and had some of their old albums but buying new music is the last thing on his mind. Stevie seems to be the only one willing to advertise to younger generations, but truly, people my age will buy good music. They just have to find out about it somehow and decide it's worth buying.

Last edited by lilyfee; 12-08-2015 at 11:05 PM..
Old 12-09-2015, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She disappoints yet again. She's done enough solo projects lately.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
What an absolutely crap piece of journalism this is. Regarding the update- I assume this is extra information the writer happens to 'remember' from the original meeting as opposed to 'new' information that subsequently came through to him.
Good question. Did someone call and tell him to clarify his story or did he just decide to update it when he saw social media response to the news.

Michele
Old 12-09-2015, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Did someone call and tell him to clarify his story or did he just decide to update it when he saw social media response to the news.

Michele

Maybe he's just a raconteur.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good question. Did someone call and tell him to clarify his story or did he just decide to update it when he saw social media response to the news.

Michele
My guess is that Stevie's management made the clarification. Only way they would have run an update that quickly
Old 12-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Based on his little "oh the drama" type comment at the end of the update, I'm willing to bet he was contacted by someone in Stevie / FM's management to clarify after they got wind that the story was making the rounds.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
What an absolutely crap piece of journalism this is. Regarding the update- I assume this is extra information the writer happens to 'remember' from the original meeting as opposed to 'new' information that subsequently came through to him. My next query is- Mick will be working on a 'Fleetwood Mac project of some kind' or has he got that wrong too? Will it in fact turn out to be a 'Mick Fleetwood project'?
It was so poorly written.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

2 solo albums since 2011. 1 FM studio album since 2004. It's hard for me to even like her anymore.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
2 solo albums since 2011. 1 FM studio album since 2004. It's hard for me to even like her anymore.

That's harsh.

People have to follow their own path in life. We each have our own route to happiness, and sometimes those paths cross, and sometimes they don't.

Think of the albums that might have been between 1987 and 1997, had Lindsey not walked out completely.

But again, we have to follow our own paths. No one else is going to put you first, but you.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 12-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post

That's harsh.

People have to follow their own path in life. We each have our own route to happiness, and sometimes those paths cross, and sometimes they don't.

Think of the albums that might have been between 1987 and 1997, had Lindsey not walked out completely.

But again, we have to follow our own paths. No one else is going to put you first, but you.
Not to mention Christine leaving for 16 years.Sure I would have loved it if FM had made a new album right away instead of the long and lucrative oldies tour.If Stevie had not been in the mood to do it however her work on it would suffer and after her having dropped the ball so badly on Tango I for one would hate to see that.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The difference between Stevie now and Lindsey and Christine before is timing and age. They had time to leave and come back then. Christine couldn't take 16 years off now. She'd be, what, 89? Lindsey, too, would be quite old in 10 years. Late 70s. The band doesn't have all that time to waste anymore. Stevie also took a break from the band in the 90s too. Stevie can keep going as long as she wants to, she's in control of his solo career, after all. The band will not go on indefinitely and probably has only a short time remaining as there are 5 people that need to come together for it to work and they're all getting up there in age. So, as far as the band is concerned, Stevie just isn't afforded the opportunity to take an extended break anymore and expect everything to just pick back up later.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And this is why I'm here.

The deluxe edition is as annoying as the original double album package. It's impossible to handle it without 5 things falling onto the floor.

Michele
Old 12-10-2015, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
.If Stevie had not been in the mood to do it however her work on it would suffer and after her having dropped the ball so badly on Tango I for one would hate to see that.
Completely. I was listening to Say You Will a couple days ago, and it's been a while I was caught of guard by how detached Stevie sounds on a couple tracks. There in her head but not her heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
So, as far as the band is concerned, Stevie just isn't afforded the opportunity to take an extended break anymore and expect everything to just pick back up later.
You make a great point. There is a sense of urgency about all of this because of their age, and Stevie should give that consideration.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 12-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And this is why I'm here.

The deluxe edition is as annoying as the original double album package. It's impossible to handle it without 5 things falling onto the floor.

Michele
Stevie's hand placement...