Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by britt0308 View Post
Good points PenguinHead and Michele..
Not only are years irrelevant to try to bring up..but the clothes have a more memorable place in their (Stevie's) mind. Gotta love em'. That's why we're all here right?!
Just ask Stevie about the progression of Lindsey's hair and I'm sure her memory will fail no longer.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
It's the version that hardcore fans like to associate. Like Stevie, we live in our own bubble. Ledgies know far more about the band than the average fan or the band members themselves. Ledgies spend time researching on the computer. Most of the band, notably Stevie, do not use computers or spend time reviewing their own history. The specific dates and details aren't important. They just wing it.
True - but she claims she found two old demos on YouTube which lead to recording them recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Just ask Stevie about the progression of Lindsey's hair and I'm sure her memory will fail no longer.

I've always been a stickler for dates. Besides, Stevie seems to group it all together, which is understandable when you live out of a suitcase. But, let's be honest, the last 30 years didn't happen in the late '70's. That being said, it doesn't matter to me if she wants to believe they didn't perform SOTM in the 80's. I'll play.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

I've always been a stickler for dates.
Stevie herself is a stickler for dates and numbers. She loves to give them, but she's usually wrong. And I don't know why she likes to say it so much. I'd be content to generalize, but she's always going, "Oh yes, we were there for EIGHT days from 3:00 p.m. to 12:56 a.m." I'm not sure why she likes to be so specific like that, but it's highly amusing.

Michele
Old 04-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie herself is a stickler for dates and numbers. She loves to give them, but she's usually wrong. And I don't know why she likes to say it so much. I'd be content to generalize, but she's always going, "Oh yes, we were there for EIGHT days from 3:00 p.m. to 12:56 a.m." I'm not sure why she likes to be so specific like that, but it's highly amusing.

Michele
Hahaha! You're right! I love that nonsense.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Sad Angel and Without You from PA that I saw posted on Facebook were just marvelous!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

More videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/denny23220?feature=mhee
There is always magic to be summoned at any point. I love to live in a world of magic, but not a fake world of magic. We all really basically have a lot of magic....it's only those of us that choose to accept it, that really understand it. It's there for everyone. That's the only thing that I feel that I am able to give to people and that's why I know that they respond to me because I try to give them only their own magic...not mine, but theirs.
~Stevie Nicks, Jim Ladd Innerview, 1979
Old 04-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Thanks

You guys are awesome with the videos. It's makes the pain of not making it to Philly just a little less painful. Could have had 19th row aisle hours before show.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Sotm

As far as toning down on SOTM & other songs well ..SOTM Always one of my favorites. Yeah it lacks the energy ( like everything else) of 30 + years ago BUT, They STILL do it BETTER than anyone else .
If any of us lived the life they did a year or two off on facts would be the least of our problems.
What does kill me with some older artist is no one working these tours has the intelligence or guts to remind these famous iconic artist on fact checks. It would be so easy. Paul McCartney is another prime example.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOMAD2 View Post
As far as toning down on SOTM & other songs well ..SOTM Always one of my favorites. Yeah it lacks the energy ( like everything else) of 30 + years ago BUT, They STILL do it BETTER than anyone else .
If any of us lived the life they did a year or two off on facts would be the least of our problems.
What does kill me with some older artist is no one working these tours has the intelligence or guts to remind these famous iconic artist on fact checks. It would be so easy. Paul McCartney is another prime example.
I think people need to take a big fat chill pill about these dates. Does anyone here remember their daily schedules from 1982? Remember, these people do not obsess about their past tours like the rest of us do. It was a job for them. Also, the Mirage tour was only, like, a month in duration. Given all of the tours and ingested substances from the past 30 years, it doesn't surprise me in the least that they have their dates screwed up.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I think people need to take a big fat chill pill about these dates. Does anyone here remember their daily schedules from 1982? Remember, these people do not obsess about their past tours like the rest of us do. It was a job for them. Also, the Mirage tour was only, like, a month in duration. Given all of the tours and ingested substances from the past 30 years, it doesn't surprise me in the least that they have their dates screwed up.
I agree that they are busy living their lives and not memorizing dates. And I agree this is a tempest in a teapot-- not a big, earth-shattering data point.

That said, I think the issue is more that once Stevie put it out there that they hadn't done the song since the late 70s, it's clear that she became aware that other people (fans, whoever) believe they did the song into 80s. So when Stevie comes out onstage after that and says something like "we believe (gesturing to the whole band) that we last did this song in the late 70s" it seems at least to indicate that she's aware that other people don't agree with that assessment. And how would she be aware of that? To be aware that maybe *other* people don't agree it was the late 70s indicates that *someone* on her team follows fan discussions somewhere (this board or elsewhere) and has made her aware of what the chatter is among her fans, and that people are saying no, it was done in the 80s also. (she seemed aware at one point not long ago, for instance, that fans were on here talking about her red cape, and said onstage at one point that she knew about those discussions). *That* would be the point you would think someone would go hmmm, you think it's this, the fans are all abuzz that it's something else, you know what, let's check it out to see. I wouldn't expect Stevie to be spot-on with her dates prior to that.

Again, none of this is earth-shattering, and in her life it's a "so what" moment.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-08-2013 at 12:22 PM..
Old 04-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Thanks for embedding the clips, Viv.

tyrant2525 uploaded nearly the entire show, including the band intros. They are compiled here.
That was awesome. Thanks, Daniel.

And thanks to Vivfox.

Seems Stevie is getting into it a little more

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
the go your own way end solo is shortened. I don't like that. I miss the go bazerk screaming repetition in the high part before the famous low riff takes over towards the end. Did anybody else notice?
Did anyone else notice this?

Old 04-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Did anyone else notice this?
I noticed it on several songs. It wouldn't be this way if Chris was still with them.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I noticed it on several songs. It wouldn't be this way if Chris was still with them.
??????????