User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
No, I kinda get you here. She doesn't seem to be good at being single or alone. You ever notice that for the most part of her younger years, she would go straight from man to man and avoided periods of time being single?
But she doesn't seem to be doing that anymore. She may be, but she's keeping it to herself and out of the press and gossip mills, if she is. So, it doesn't seem as out of control now as it was then.

Of course, when you're young you SHOULD be dating. As long as you aren't cheating on someone or taking someone's spouse, it's better to date than to make a commitment you aren't interested in keeping. So, she had money; she was attractive; she was meeting lots of other celebrities. It was normal to date a lot. Just like Taylor Swift is doing. It's just that Stevie seemed to choose relationships that were destined to go down in dramatic flames.

So, maybe she matured since that time. The Klonopin made her insecure about her body image and that's probably why she stopped being interested in dating so much.

She mentioned that someone (I think a therapist) told her that she needed to have someone to take care of and that's what she's been searching for since she became successful. Having money and people to cater to her was the reverse of what the therapist said she needed, because it was actually better for her emotionally to be the nurturer and nest-creator.

Michele
Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Junior Ledgie

Oh my God that Rolling Stone interview had me on the floor. Especially when she interjected "You quit." So Stevie. You've got to love her for her honesty. It's interesting, but she seems to have been the only girlfriend of Lindsey's that really let him have it. Well, at least Carol Ann Harris didn't, according to her. But that's a whole other nut to crack.

by the way my fellow Mac lovers, I am new and cannot tell you how glad I am to find people who don't roll their eyes every time I mention them lol.

Tiffany

"There's no use in crying, it's all over
But I know there'll always be another day
Well my heart will rise up with the morning sun
And the hurt I feel will simply melt away"-Why. C. McVie
Old 04-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But she doesn't seem to be doing that anymore.
Oh of course not. Like I said, it was during her younger years. I don't shame her for it. More power to her. If I were in her position and looked like her and had her lifestyle, I think I would've dated or hooked up with all the rockstars she had, and more. I just feel like there might be more to it than hormones and coked out LA parties. I think she had a serious thing where she did not want to be alone. She doesn't do that with men anymore (if she does, good for her. But we're not aware of it.) But there's still the fact that in the last 35 or so years, has she ever lived alone? Or gone without a constant assistant and friends and family members living in her house? Not really. She's not an independant person, yknow. That's all I was saying.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't shame her for it.
And I wasn't commending her for it. I think her dating was fine, because she doesn't strike me as monogamous, so I don't know why she'd be in a relationship that called for that. It seems she tended towards relationships meant to self-destruct, like one of those Mission Impossible tapes.

Quote:
She's not an independant person, yknow. That's all I was saying.
No, she doesn't like being alone. I guess it's good she can always afford an entourage.

I was reading an excerpt from Rupert Everett's book in Vogue and he said in the eighties when he was broke, he was living with someone who lived next door to Bette Davis and he would look through the window and see Bette toothless, listless in houserobe and slippers and no wig on, watching her own movies (Rupert said A Stolen Life) on tv. If his story is true, that certainly put an indelible image of Bette's last years in my head.

Stevie is going to always have her assistant or photographer or someone living with her along with her dog and the whole gang of them will be sitting there watching old videos together, when she's 90.

Michele
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's life has had this constant tension between relationship commitment and career (way to state the obvious). I came across this one Rumours-era spread on FM recently on Tumblr where Stevie said when she grows up she sees herself, among other things, raising kids. We know that didn't happen. I think she did want a family and her career both. If you look at the press, the people whom they're asking "How do you manage to have a family and career BOTH" are always women. For men, having both is not remarkable, it's the norm, and I kinda feel like Stevie naively thought she as a woman could have both when she was younger, and throughout her career learned that she could not, not easily anyway. I think she always wanted a harbor to anchor in, but she also wanted her freedom, and she found it hard to find that, though you could probably find relationships in which men enjoyed exactly that (a harbor to come home to when all the adventuring was done for a time). I might project because this is very much a tension I feel personally; I have always been described by many as independent, since I was about 5 years old, but that doesn't mean I like feeling lonely or that I don't need people. Everybody needs somebody sometimes, blah blah blah. Sorry to get confessional, my point is that I think it's possible for Stevie to have just wanted both roots and wings, like a lot of people do. She's kind of unapologetic about her choices in interviews, I see that as her way of owning up to her choices and refusing to hide behind them. As melodramatic as she can get, I also feel like a part of her refuses to become a pure tragedy.

Her self-destructing taste in men , I like the idea that I think WildHearted put forth elsewhere that it's self-sabotaging on purpose on a subconscious level, so that there's a built-in escape clause. That and her melodramatic romantic nature at that age.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She says it's hard to find a guy who is content to see you driving off in the limo to the next gig all the time, but I think if she had a man like that he'd bore her. To keep her interest, I think she probably wants a man with a life as active or intriguing as hers and of course if she did find someone like that, it would make maintaining a relationship even harder.

The men who would be candidates for a stable life aren't the ones who stimulate her, though they might make great friends.

Michele
Old 04-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"And you come runnin' out / In the wind with me" <-- I think that's what she ideally wants. For what it's worth, which again is nothing more than armchair psychology/gossip.