Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default French Kiss

I have always loved Bob's French Kiss album. I love the fact that Christine is on it. Easy to Fall just came on my random Mix(Fleetwood Mac Friday!) That is one great tune!
Old 05-21-2017, 01:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

Just received the album on vinyl actually and its pretty good as far as Bob Welch solo stuff goes. Sentimental Lady is pretty great here, Christine's presence improves it infinitely (sort of like her appearances on Todd Sharp's album, a little of her voice goes a long way) and the arrangement is better than on Bare Trees IMO. Ebony Eyes is probably my favorite track so far, really upbeat and rocking. Hot Love, Cold World also gives off a groovy late 70's vibe I kind of like.

I'm glad the album got some recognition for Bob when they were first released. He was a really talented guitarist.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 05-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting how as soon as he went solo, he started getting hits and so did Mac. Rather like Peter Gabriel and Genesis in that regard.

Ebony Eyes is a great piece of disco rock.

But I have a confession to make... I like the Three Hearts album way better.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Interesting how as soon as he went solo, he started getting hits and so did Mac. Rather like Peter Gabriel and Genesis in that regard.

Ebony Eyes is a great piece of disco rock.

But I have a confession to make... I like the Three Hearts album way better.
Precious Love is even a better disco rock song. I love that song.
Three hearts is a great album. Mick, Christine and even Stevie appear on the album.
The ghost of flight 401 is similarly spooky to the Bermuda Triangle IMHO.

Little known facts: Juice Newton sang back up vocals on Ebony Eyes. Todd Sharp was Bob's guitarist who turned into Christine's guitarist in 1984 (album and tour).

The Bob Welch and Friends concert in 1981 is an incredible show. I would love to talk to someone who actually was lucky enough to attend.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-27-2017 at 02:39 PM..
Old 05-30-2017, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As a single album, I like THREE HEARTS better than FRENCH KISS, but both of them are very solid. About six songs on each of them still stand up.

But my favorite Welch solo record is THE OTHER ONE.