The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default "I Want You Back" (Mick w/Linds)

Ok, now I only could find one thread on this, and there wasn't a clear answer....but in the video for "I Want You Back", (from Mick's 1983 solo album, with Lindsey singing this song)...IS THAT LINDSEY?!

I watched this video once in like 1999 or so..and I remember Janet telling me she swore it was him. That eye make-up and facial hair makes him look so weird. But I guess it's really him, and I'm checking with you guys because who knows when was the last time this was brought up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=438NnNAonmc
Old 05-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't believe Lindsey is in the video. Mick does a good job looking menacing and I love the different takes of his face as he "loses" hair.

I think we just always thought that it was filmed with If Anyone Falls.

Michele
Old 05-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I see the man you're referencing though.

Michele
Old 05-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Ohhh man...I know that there are people who are certain this is him!! I myself remain unsure.

In the YouTube clip above, look at 12 seconds in and again at 29 seconds, for those who might not know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by AbbiJoy78; 05-10-2013 at 03:10 PM..
Old 05-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Ok, I just watched it and paused it every single second, and when i do this, i really CAN see Lindsey. In split second increments. His eyes look so dark, and his eyebrows even look added on, but there are serious moments if you pause it where this really looks like it's him.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Last edited by michelej1; 05-10-2013 at 03:29 PM..
Old 05-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's probably Zoo bassist George Hawkins.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hmm..why have Stevie and not Lindsey in the video, when Lindsey is singing the song?
And at the end there are two monks, so maybe one is Lindsey and one is george?
Old 05-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 View Post
Hmm..why have Stevie and not Lindsey in the video, when Lindsey is singing the song?

I doubt Lindsey is in the video at all. Yes, Lindsey co-wrote the song and he sang on it, but he's not the LONE lead vocalist, Steve Ross is the other lead voice on the song (and he was the OFFICIAL member of Mick Fleetwood's Zoo)...they pretty much sang it in unison/harmony. In fact, the monk may even be Steve Ross. Or, since Richard Dashut engineered/co-produced the album, it might even be him behind the monk mask. At the time this album was recorded/released, Lindsey was deeply involved in the aborted solo album that ended up as his portions of Tango..., so I doubt he would've taken the time to do a video for Mick. It probably was a needed break from his own album just to get out of his own studio & do the song for the Zoo in different surroundings.

Also, since Mick had just been working with Stevie on a song or two for Wild Heart, she probably was more available to do the cameo in the video.

Last edited by chiliD; 05-10-2013 at 06:13 PM..
Old 05-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Or, since Richard Dashut engineered/co-produced the album, it might even be him behind the monk mask.
I did think it was Richard. But the truth is, I never knew who it was. I just didn't think it was Lindsey.

This is like the attempts we made to identify all the guys in Trouble video.

Quote:
I don't think it was really a question of Mick having whom he wanted in the video.

Michele
Old 05-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

that video is terrifying
Old 05-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
At the time this album was recorded/released, Lindsey was deeply involved in the aborted solo album that ended up as his portions of Tango..., .
Ok, I don't know everything and always relied on my friend to tell me about past FM stuff. So forgive me if this is dumb to ask, as I am trying to learn. But this Mick solo project was 1983, right? And then Lindsey had Go Insane in 1984. What was he working on that was meant for Tango -- I mean if his record came out the following year, how was it aborted?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I doubt Lindsey is in the video at all. Yes, Lindsey co-wrote the song and he sang on it, but he's not the LONE lead vocalist, Steve Ross is the other lead voice on the song (and he was the OFFICIAL member of Mick Fleetwood's Zoo)...they pretty much sang it in unison/harmony. In fact, the monk may even be Steve Ross. Or, since Richard Dashut engineered/co-produced the album, it might even be him behind the monk mask. At the time this album was recorded/released, Lindsey was deeply involved in the aborted solo album that ended up as his portions of Tango..., so I doubt he would've taken the time to do a video for Mick. It probably was a needed break from his own album just to get out of his own studio & do the song for the Zoo in different surroundings.

Also, since Mick had just been working with Stevie on a song or two for Wild Heart, she probably was more available to do the cameo in the video.
...and they were still sleeping together!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok, I don't know everything and always relied on my friend to tell me about past FM stuff. So forgive me if this is dumb to ask, as I am trying to learn. But this Mick solo project was 1983, right? And then Lindsey had Go Insane in 1984. What was he working on that was meant for Tango -- I mean if his record came out the following year, how was it aborted?
Don't be too shy, AbbiJoy78. You hit it exactly right. Lindsey was probably heavy occupied with the Go Insane album. The Lindsey-solostuff-for-Tangorecordings must have started two years later.

By the way, Ross co-wrote this song. I bet he did the lyrics, and maybe some melodyline, But this track has LB-DNA all over it and in it, the guitars, the rythmtrack, the vocalarrangement. Huh, basicly everything.

Last edited by shackin'up; 05-11-2013 at 07:11 PM..
Old 05-13-2013, 03:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

I think that is Christine McVie as the queen in the video also