User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Sheesh. I'd be absolutely lost if I didn't have you to interpret their childish comments and explain exactly what they meant to say.
Right back at you, friend. It's great to know there can't be any other possible or even plausible explanations for anything they've ever said or done since you're here to explain exactly what every bit of means without even being privvy to most of what's happened in their lives.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
Right back at you, friend. It's great to know there can't be any other possible or even plausible explanations for anything they've ever said or done since you're here to explain exactly what every bit of means without even being privvy to most of what's happened in their lives.
Exactly.

Unlike some people, though, I don't wear rose-colored glasses when it comes to Stevie Nicks or Lindsey Buckingham and, when presented with the things the two of them have presented to us over the past twenty years, I can recognize laziness when I see it.

Old 02-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
To be honest, I'm having a little difficulty following that second sentence and who the "SN people" are and what they're supposed to have said and who the "LB people" are, etc.
Well then let me explain it Historically, on this site people are pigeonholed into two camps - LB likers and SB likers (or chiffonheads ) -- people seem to think that the chiffonheads are oversensitive to Stevie criticism. Vice Versa for LB supporter. I cannot believe you have never noticed this. As to whom fits where - I think you are well qualified to make those assumptions yourself seeing as how you have been here longer than I have and often participate in these discussions For the record, I like both LB and SN as well as FM - I also wish CM was still part of the band - but sadly, that will never happen. I also think I call it like I see it when expressing opinions about the history of the band and I back up what I conclude. So, despite Diss.'s placing me earlier on the Stevie Camp, I think I am not really a huge chiffonhead - how that term is usually defined. Does that help?

Edit - again, my entire post did not show

Last edited by strandinthewind; 02-11-2005 at 10:10 PM..
Old 02-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly.

Unlike some people, though, I don't wear rose-colored glasses when it comes to Stevie Nicks or Lindsey Buckingham and, when presented with the things the two of them have presented to us over the past twenty years, I can recognize laziness when I see it.
I don't own rose colored glasses. But I also don't own ****-colored glasses, and I'm not familiar with this concept that one must have an extreme and judgmental opinion on absolutely everything they do, especially when some of the facts are shaky and open to several interpretations.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . I can recognize laziness when I see it.
and usually it is seen in my typing skills
Old 02-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Well then let me explain it Historically, on this site people are pigeonholed into two camps - LB likers and SB likers (or chiffonheads ) -- people seem to think that the chiffonheads are oversensitive to Stevie criticism. Vice Versa for LB supporter. I cannot believe you have never noticed this. As to whom fits where - I think you are well qualified to make those assumptions youself seeing as how you have been here longer than I have and often participate in these discussions :shrug For the record, I like both LB and SN as well as FM - I also wish CM was still part of the band - but sadly, that will never happen. I also think I call it like I see it when expressing opinions about the history of the band and I back up what I conclude. So, despite Diss.'s placing me earlier on the Stevie Camp, I think I am not realy a huge chiffonhead - how that term is usually defined. Does that help?
I'm terribly familiar with the camps. I just wasn't quite able to follow your sentence to understand what you said was being attributed to whom. It's not really important. I think we both probably know that we don't agree on each other's interpretation of several issues. Such is life.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
I'm terribly familiar with the camps. I just wasn't quite able to follow your sentence to understand what you said was being attributed to whom. It's not really important. I think we both probably know that we don't agree on each other's interpretation of several issues. Such is life.
Such is life indeed and I really agree with much of what you said here and elsewhere. I think we disagree mostly in the minutia and I really like hearing your point of view as mine most certainly is not the law - so to speak
Old 02-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
I don't own rose colored glasses.
Could have fooled me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
But I also don't own ****-colored glasses, and I'm not familiar with this concept that one must have an extreme and judgmental opinion on absolutely everything they do, especially when some of the facts are shaky and open to several interpretations.
Could have fooled me.

Old 02-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
and usually it is seen in my typing skills

+10, darling.

Old 02-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Could have fooled me.
Well, perhaps then that's not as hard as you think.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
Well, perhaps then that's not as hard as you think.
Or perhaps you're simply blowing smoke.

Old 02-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or perhaps you're simply blowing smoke.
As I said a few posts back, right back at you, friend.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
As I said a few posts back, right back at you, friend.
Then both our asses must be pretty sore by this point, dear.

Old 02-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then both our asses must be pretty sore by this point, dear.
Actually, mine is feeling pretty good. I wouldn't want to make any assumptions about yours because I'm not in possession of all the facts.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
Actually, mine is feeling pretty good. I wouldn't want to make any assumptions about yours because I'm not in possession of all the facts.
Or it might just be that you slipped those rose-colored glasses on yet again.