The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:03 AM

Both great reviews. You guys had me feeling like I was there.

Thanks for taking time to posts... and the real time updates had me refreshing every 20 seconds.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Game of Pretend. Nice percussion accompaniment. Her voice sounds good!! I think she writes new stuff in her current range. The old ones harder.
That's interesting and different from the first batch of shows and I'm happy to hear Christine is getting into her groove with the new songs. At the shows I've seen she did great with her old songs but struggled with new ones especially Red Sun and FAY. I still wonder about the weird use of canned vocals in completely unnecessary places yet no use of either canned vocals or auto tune for her vocals in verses of those 2 songs that completely got lost at my shows. Makes no sense whatsoever.

As far as the stage presence, I've never noticed it as being lopsided and thought she has a plenty of stage presence and interactions with the audience and that her presence definitely nicely balances with his. But maybe I just paid more attention to her since I'm used to him?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-20-2017, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Both great reviews. You guys had me feeling like I was there.

Thanks for taking time to posts... and the real time updates had me refreshing every 20 seconds.
Yes! And I blame you Bombay for my lack of sleep cos I loved your updates so much that I stayed up way too late for a workday here on the east coast!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-20-2017, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Overall a very good show, great energy......eventually. The opening acoustic bit is just a drag..... it should be moved in the middle or just whittled down to one from her and one from him.
Your entire review was enjoyable to read but I'm not a fan of people quoting an entire post and didn't mean to only quote the negative aspect cause ur review was fair and honest. And I got the gist that you really enjoyed yourself and the show was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchagirl View Post
I was at the Seattle show, too. I agree with a lot of what the OP said.
It was a fantastic concert: great weather, great tunes, couldn't ask for more.
I enjoyed your review of the part where the other guy said he yelled something to LB but that you saw it as an exchange between LB & CM. Different angles are always a plus for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
That's interesting and different from the first batch of shows and I'm happy to hear Christine is getting into her groove with the new songs.
Your enthusiasm for this tour is infectious. I am sorry I gave a bad review earlier in their tour and that my words had a domino effect. If they add another local show I would like to go. After all, these are my people and I love their new songs. They deserve our support.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Yes! And I blame you Bombay for my lack of sleep cos I loved your updates so much that I stayed up way too late for a workday here on the east coast!
I always keep you awake... All I have to do is start talking BuckVie.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
If they add another local show I would like to go. After all, these are my people and I love their new songs. They deserve our support.
They're our people, indeed. All of them. Even though I sometimes joke (and not so much) about Stevie, she's one of the five reasons why I love this band so much. And there must be something magical (like Lindsey says) that make them come back to that same place over and over again (other than money, of course )

I'll stay with my band and let's get on with the show, let's get on, let's get on.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
love your reporting! hope you have amazing time tonight!!

pretty sure it's been a regular part of those LB instrumentals they play before every FM, LB or BM show. i've heard TAM instrumental at several of the BuckVie shows i went to. LB should add these to that box set he's thinking of - would be a perfect opportunity for fans to finally get them!
thanks... and I agree.... those instrumentals would be fantastic. At first it made me think of the instrumental he is shown playing in that video about the making of the BuckVie album-- you know where the camera guy walks into another little room and finds Lindsey sitting on the floor playing and recording himself into his iPhone. But then I recognized it was him playing FM stuff.

Quote:
Trouble and SUD must go. wish they changed that up in that little break they had fiddling with the rest of the mac.
Trouble actually woke the crowd up because so many people recognized it... but SUD drags way too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
This is SOOOOOO F*CKING CHEESY!!!! WHY do they think she doesn't need to play SOMETHING? Play a f*cking organ chord, for god's sake!

Could she not remember the parts, or her hands are the problem(IF that's the problem, let it be known)? Or, "hey, don't worry about it, we'll just play with tracks now....EVERYBODY does it! Just stand there and pretend that you're playing"?

This karaoke machine is lame AF!
Her hands seemed just fine. I highly doubt that has anything to do with it... coz even when she's not playing she's clapping along, banging on the maracas, playing the accordion, etc. I think LB recorded everything on FAY without her (as he's said, he took and totally changed it around on her) and so she lets them play it coz the style is just not hers.

As for the karaoke machine-- it really wasn't as bad as I feared (but maybe that's coz I really had expectations that it would all over the lead vocals on songs too). it wasn't; it was just on the choruses as far as I could tell but it WAS obvious. I'll have to see if I can get some videos posted.... I was standing directly in front of the two speakers that sat on the stage and faced towards the audience that carried his and her vocals. On some of them I was inadvertently recording (I thought I'd shut the phone off but it must have turned on in my hand so the visuals suck coz my hands were waving around (get your dramamine)) but what's kinda cool about the audio is that you hear super clearly both of their lead vocals coming out of those speakers. Then you can hear for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchagirl View Post
Hi,

I was at the Seattle show, too. I agree with a lot of what the OP said.

I thought Christine really filled the space she was allotted
: her songs are so iconic: Hold Me, You Make Loving Fun, Everywhere, Wish You Were Here, and more. I was so glad that she could shine, as she did, with about half the showtime being for her songs.

I loved that they just plunged into most songs without an introductory "this song is about.. redemption" or whatever has been said in the past. Lindsey did go on a schpiel about L&C's newfound chemistry, but at least it only happened once, and that's just the way Lindsey acts! Compared to the OP, I had a different interpretation of the interruption to Lindsey's speech. I thought that Christine was listening, and - when Lindsey said "I think I know what it is that makes our chemistry so great (paraphrase)," Christine said "tell me!" and then Lindsey said to her, "oh, you've heard this so many times." I didn't hear an audience member shout something out, but both could have happened simultaneously.

It was a fantastic concert: great weather, great tunes, couldn't ask for more.
all of the above! Glad there was another Ledgie there I thought he still had a number of blabby intros, but was definitely more contained than he has been previously.

I like that you used the word "allotted" for Christine's time. I'm not sure that this is how you intended it, but to me it fits in that during the show, for me anyway, it felt like she was "given" or "allotted" some time in HIS show. I think after having slept on it maybe it wasn't quite that harsh but still I continue to feel that the first part with them coming on and him doing his songs on guitar and her just standing there that that was not the way to start a show on a tour that is about them working together.

Quote:
Well if you weren't such a LB groupie, elle.....

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-20-2017 at 12:34 PM..
Old 07-20-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Lots of chatter as everyone talks about how good the show was. Someone said "she doesn't sound the same but he's great!" She actually sounded better than him on a lot.
Was it a full house?
Old 07-20-2017, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
This is SOOOOOO F*CKING CHEESY!!!! WHY do they think she doesn't need to play SOMETHING? Play a f*cking organ chord, for god's sake!

Could she not remember the parts, or her hands are the problem(IF that's the problem, let it be known)? Or, "hey, don't worry about it, we'll just play with tracks now....EVERYBODY does it! Just stand there and pretend that you're playing"?

This karaoke machine is lame AF!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Was it a full house?
it sure seemed like it....there are two sections of reserved seats (plastic patio chairs on a concrete pad with some rope around them) and the rest is sitting on the grass on blankets or beach chairs people bring with them. And it seemed wall to wall people to me.

Maybe kuchagirl can give his/her opinion as well.

The crowd energy was great once it got going and the band seemed to really draw from it.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:33 PM

That's awesome about the crowd and energy. This (Seattle) was the first date they had on the website.

Elle reported great crowd energy as well. I'll be in Vegas... I just can't wait.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 07-20-2017 at 01:39 PM..
Old 07-20-2017, 02:45 PM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to try and upload photos and some videos from last night's show. I am going to try and embed the links/images into the posts they are related to.... so you'll have to go back through each of the posts made during the show to see a pic/vid related to the topic. Not sure how well this will work but I'll try. So far the first image was of the merchandise booth that seemed to load ok. more to follow I hope.

Anyone have suggestions for the best way to load videos? Do I have to post them on youtube for the easiest way??

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-20-2017 at 03:05 PM..
Old 07-20-2017, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's them taking the stage. Kinda caught a lot of the audience off guard because there was no announcement, they just walked out quietly. I'd caught a glimpse of them behind the sheer curtain and was waiting for them to come out.

The video and all the others I post will have varying degrees of shakiness because I was either bouncing to the music or moving around/standing/sitting to get a shot over/around the people in front of me who moved a lot.

https://youtu.be/7XdTu4F2eIs
Old 07-20-2017, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can someone tell me how to embed the videos and not just the links??

I've got them all ready to go
Old 07-20-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Can someone tell me how to embed the videos and not just the links??

I've got them all ready to go
If you click with the right on your mouse a tab will open, you just have to select the option that says something like "copy embedding code" (for me it's the third one from the top) and then past it on your post.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:29 PM
bombaysaffires
Old 07-20-2017, 04:32 PM
bombaysaffires
Old 07-20-2017, 04:33 PM
bombaysaffires
Old 07-20-2017, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
If you click with the right on your mouse a tab will open, you just have to select the option that says something like "copy embedding code" (for me it's the third one from the top) and then past it on your post.
ok think I've got it now, thanks!!

I've started putting some video clips into the previous posts....