The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Has Stevie's decision to not record new FM album affected the way you feel about her?
Yes. I will never forgive her and I am no longer a fan. 0 0%
No. I respect her decision and will always be fan. She has earned the right to say no. 43 43.43%
Yes. I hate her guts, hope she rots in hell and spit on her grave. 1 1.01%
No. It's all Lindsey's fault. She should not tolerate the working conditions. 2 2.02%
Yes. She is a selfish, self centered Diva, who only cares about herself. 10 10.10%
No. It's all Christine's fault. Her return spoiled Stevie's plans. 1 1.01%
Yes. She has spoiled Fleetwood Macs last opportunity to have an album with all 5 members. 36 36.36%
No. Thank God! Stevie will only hurt the album anyway with lackluster songwriting & worn voice. 6 6.06%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2016, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
This is a recipe for a failure honestly; in fact Tango wasn't certainly a good period for her music-wise.
No but Tango was their second most popular album of all time and I and many others loved it. I would love another Tango. It just makes her look bad because it shows they don't need her.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
if it comes down to it I think I will settle for a Say You Will, but without Stevie instead of without Christine.
with you there, although in my case i wouldn't call it settling by any stretch. really looking forward to hear a cohesive album Christine and Lindsey constructed together.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-22-2016, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Isn't this poll a little bit premature? She hasn't definitively said no yet. Granted, Stevie has expressed reservations, but she seems to be having the time of her life on tour right now and it seems to me that the band can stand to let a few years pass between tours in order to work on the album together.

Furthermore, let's keep in mind that the only time Stevie left the band was during a heated battle with Mick over Silver Springs. Therefore I think the only reasons she wouldn't participate are if 1) she truly didn't care (doubtful) or 2) she felt wronged by the band (i.e. for going on without her).

Of course I am disappointed in Stevie for not participating as of yet, however after seeing her on tour a few weeks ago I have definitely softened towards her. I saw her with FM the last time they toured as well and right now she is like a different person... Bubbly, engaged, commanding, energetic... Happy. I do believe she deserves to be so happy like this and I think she will come around and record the album if she has this time to herself.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Of course I am disappointed in Stevie for not participating as of yet, however after seeing her on tour a few weeks ago I have definitely softened towards her. I saw her with FM the last time they toured as well and right now she is like a different person... Bubbly, engaged, commanding, energetic... Happy. I do believe she deserves to be so happy like this and I think she will come around and record the album if she has this time to herself.
so why would you want to send her back to the band where she doesn't want to be? she just goes through the motions on their tours, and is very clear she doesn't want to record new music with them.

i don't think any more or less of her, it was very clear already few years ago that she doesn't want to record with FM, so that's nothing new, she just finally said it publicly.

my bigger problem is with the other 4. not sure whether they couldn't get on the same page between the 4 of them, or why they kept waiting and hoping all these years. they needed to decide whether they are in FM for art or the money. i'm happy to see that apparently they decided to go for the art over money!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-22-2016, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
my bigger problem is with the other 4. not sure whether they couldn't get on the same page between the 4 of them, or why they kept waiting and hoping all these years. they needed to decide whether they are in FM for art or the money. i'm happy to see that apparently they decided to go for the art over money!
I don't think it's been too long. The OWTS tour ended Nov. 22, 2015, right before the holidays. They all probably needed vacations and to spend time with their families and friends, as well as giving Stevie a little more time to come to a decision now that Christine was back. After she announced her tour, they started talking about making a new album and doing a small tour without her.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-22-2016, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, fess up. Who's going to spit on her grave?
Old 12-23-2016, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Absolutely changed my opinion. Really pissed at her.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I see some irony here between 1987 and 2017. Lindsey did an album with all 5 and it was probably a tough thing for him to do. He also did it almost as an obligation to the band. In Mick's first book he writes that Lindsey threw it in his face that he helped Mick get back on his feet after bankruptcy and did the album for him. Lindsey could never go out on the road after struggling to work in the studio with them. So he left the band.
Stevie is saying the opposite. She does not want to come face to face with Lindsey and fight in the studio because it would crystalize and get worse on the tour. So she has the Lindsey philosophy but in reverse.
I wish Christine could work her magic and shelter Stevie. I also wish Stevie would be strong and try to put the drama aside for one FINAL album.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Isn't this poll a little bit premature? She hasn't definitively said no yet.
Precisely. All of this talk and Stevie slamming really gets on my nerves because none of us know exactly what's going to happen. It's highly likely that they have everything planned out. Do they need to announce it? No. Will they eventually? Yes. So calm your beans!
Old 12-23-2016, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Precisely. All of this talk and Stevie slamming really gets on my nerves because none of us know exactly what's going to happen. It's highly likely that they have everything planned out. Do they need to announce it? No. Will they eventually? Yes. So calm your beans!

I agree with you 100% on this. I think the only comment(s) that get me a bit miffed is the " No one buys records anymore" Fleetwood Mac has a huge fan base with 50 years of followers. You release the music for your growth and your FANS! Yes the days of million sales may be the the thing of the past but so is lot of other things.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post

Take your head out of the sand. She's said she doesn't want to do an album. The other four have repeatedly said it looks as if she won't contribute. It seems as if they are getting close to a stage where they can release something. In the meantime, Stevie extends her tour.

She may not have explicitly come out and said 'I WILL DEFINITELY NOT DO ANOTHER ALBUM WITH FLEETWOOD MAC' but its very clear that's what she feels.

I'd say its highly, highly, highly unlikely the five of them have everything planned out (if you mean including Stevie on an album).
Old 12-23-2016, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Take your head out of the sand. She's said she doesn't want to do an album. The other four have repeatedly said it looks as if she won't contribute. It seems as if they are getting close to a stage where they can release something. In the meantime, Stevie extends her tour.

She may not have explicitly come out and said 'I WILL DEFINITELY NOT DO ANOTHER ALBUM WITH FLEETWOOD MAC' but its very clear that's what she feels.

I'd say its highly, highly, highly unlikely the five of them have everything planned out (if you mean including Stevie on an album).
Exactly right. And all these fans who don't want to deal with reality get on my nerves. She is giving Fleetwood Mac, the group that made her a star, the finger. Time will not heal all wounds because they are out of time. Her timing is lousy.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I simply do not understand the fact that typing up facts about the four recording and cowriting FMtracks and one explicitly not participating is regarded as bashing or slamming the one.

Last edited by shackin'up; 12-23-2016 at 10:53 AM..
Old 12-23-2016, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No, my fandom/opinion doesn't change.

To put in another perspective. These 4/5 people have not made any new music in about 15 years (ok, there was an EP). But toured 4 times since, without having an album out. It selled out large venues.

It's all about the money. Average music-geeks just want to see en hear the hits, they do not care for new music. Only we, as die-hard fans, want new music.

So I understand why Stevie does not want to record. Go out and play and satisfy the majority and sell out shows!
Old 12-23-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
No but Tango was their second most popular album of all time and I and many others loved it. I would love another Tango. It just makes her look bad because it shows they don't need her.
Yes, Tango was their second best-selling album (especially in Europe) but Stevie's songs were lackluster; here we aren't talking about sales, or at least I hope so, but we are talking about quality, and to me an album must have consistent quality throughout all the songs. Tango is a good album that however had a much greater potential, it could have been a timeless classic but it was tarnished by many little things that prevented part of its success.
I really think that if Stevie had been more present and had submitted better songs and had worked longer on them, if Lindsey hadn't been on the verge of quitting Fleetwood Mac and if all of them had gone on the road together and in much better shape, then this album would have had about the same success rate of Rumours.