The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

With todays technology of recording.They can record a track in Nashville and send it to LA for another track send it to NY for another track and send it to Texas for another track and mix it in LA .

No face to face unless the have a CCTV connection.

What ever what she does its up to her.

Yes it would be nice for new tunes with Chris there.I agree 100 percent.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I have thought from the very beginning when CM's return was just a rumor that Stevie was not real keen on the idea. It almost seemed like she was trying to talk Chris out of it.When you're trying to convince someone to do something you give them all the pros about it to encourage them.Stevie seemed to be giving her a list of cons(grueling schedule,2hrs and 40 minutes on stage,this is no walk in the park,etc.)
Christine has told the press that Lindsey did the same thing -- trying to make certain that she was absolutely sure she understood exactly what a touring commitment would entail. Stevie wasn't the only one reminding her of the cons.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Maybe they booked studio time with the secondary intention of proving to Stevie they're serious about this. They want an album. The optimists keep saying "well she's not needed in the studio" and to some extent it's true. They CAN work on Christine's songs without Stevie's involvement and that's what they're doing. Though it doesn't mean she can't be involved. Also notice they are very vague about the album. No time table or anything. Just that they're working on stuff and an album is in the mix somewhere. I don't think they have any agreement in place with Stevie in place regarding her involvement.
I tend to think you're right. I just keep thinking back to the early days of the band. Stevie was always in the studio, even if she wasn't doing anything. Case & point, her making coffee during the Tusk documentary. Or her hanging out in Sly Stone's studio during the making of Rumours while she wasn't needed, and crafting Dreams. Stevie was pretty much always around for her first 4 Mac albums. That all stopped for the making of Tango, and we know how her songs suffered because of it. Stevie was also only around for the recording of her own songs during Say You Will, and we all know how displeased she was with that album, too. Seems like the woman isn't learning from her own mistakes.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default The top cat is a male - Let's call it John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
This is why.I cant blame her.

Sorry guys.......
Chis is joining the four for the last hurrah IMO. John McVie, it seems to me, had more smiles on his face (the 2nd is Mick) during the Today show airing last month - Why?.... Because he misses her and she him more than all the rest IMO.

Drinking too much alcohol as John has done in the past, can lead to alcohol poisoning and types of liver problems. Regular, heavy alcohol use can damage the liver and possibly cause cancer (no one knows what cancer john has). However, he didn't look well to me (more tan the rest), and more than not he wanted Chris to join the band for a final last hurrah (IMO).

Stevie does owes Chris for the OK to join the band and her success in 1975, so it's pay back time. If Stevie ever reject Chris rejoining FM this year, Stevie legacy would be damaged, or put it this way, she would not like it also, if ever it was leaked out in the future.

You have to be blind and deaf not to see who wants the attention for the past 15 years of FM (Buckingham would stand there on the stage to listen to her yapping minutes on end) appearance after appearance for 15 years. There was always one person in the audience shouting Chris name so the four of them knew it was a winner, the only question was how much was the ticket charge would be?

The top cat is a male - Let's call the cat John, life a bitch as the bottom cat found out.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe they booked studio time with the secondary intention of proving to Stevie they're serious about this. They want an album. The optimists keep saying "well she's not needed in the studio" and to some extent it's true. They CAN work on Christine's songs without Stevie's involvement and that's what they're doing. Though it doesn't mean she can't be involved. Also notice they are very vague about the album. No time table or anything. Just that they're working on stuff and an album is in the mix somewhere. I don't think they have any agreement in place with Stevie in place regarding her involvement.
"Next year"/"After the tour" is something of a time-table, although admittedly it's nothing concrete. But I'm looking at the way in which they're talking about an album. There haven't been any "maybes" or "mights." Their intention to release an album at some point is clear.

For all we know, some of the hesitance on offering a time-table might also have to do with not having a record label lined up yet. They could be working on Christine's songs not as an enticement to Stevie, but as an enticement to the various record companies.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I tend to think you're right. I just keep thinking back to the early days of the band. Stevie was always in the studio, even if she wasn't doing anything. Case & point, her making coffee during the Tusk documentary. Or her hanging out in Sly Stone's studio during the making of Rumours while she wasn't needed, and crafting Dreams. Stevie was pretty much always around for her first 4 Mac albums. That all stopped for the making of Tango, and we know how her songs suffered because of it.
That actually stopped before 'Tango.' With 'Mirage,' Stevie was mainly there initially, when they started recording in France. Then, once they returned to the States -- by all accounts -- Stevie would only pop in as needed. Lindsey was quoted as saying, "Stevie didn't come down a lot. She was in the studio, aside from France, maybe a total of ten or fifteen days."

Yet, oddly enough, I rarely hear people complain about the quality of Stevie's 'Mirage' songs or her lack of involvement with the album as a whole.

Really, once Stevie's solo career began, there was no reason for her to hang around making coffee all day. She had other more constructive things to do with her time, and I don't blame her one bit.

Quote:
Stevie was also only around for the recording of her own songs during Say You Will, and we all know how displeased she was with that album, too. Seems like the woman isn't learning from her own mistakes.
Two things she has complained about, regarding 'Say You Will' -- the mixing of her songs and the sequencing of the album -- were things she was around for, but got "out-voted" on. So her input seems to have made little difference in that situation.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 04-11-2014 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: Forgot to respond to the second half of Louie's post.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The story with the Mac .They get along like family members . This reminds me of the holiday get togethers that I've went through over the years.

Big debates over the dinner table and some ended with somebody walking out.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Registered

Quote:
I tend to think you're right. I just keep thinking back to the early days of the band. Stevie was always in the studio, even if she wasn't doing anything. Case & point, her making coffee .
that may have been out of Habit , I think she mentioned sometime ago that she had been a Waitress
Old 04-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I see your point, Michele. I still view this as a different situation though. Mick guilt-tripping her through interviews, was one thing. It's not like they booked a tour first, and then hoped she'd eventually come around.

Right now, they're spending thousands of dollars on studio time. I just don't see them doing that on nothing more than the notion that they can convince Stevie to join them. I think with money involved, they have something more tangible than optimism.
I doubt they do and maybe Stevie is not needed right now, but I would guess that her absence is definitely felt and minded. It's not a consensual absence, is my take. Michele
Old 04-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
while during Tusk recording he was an ayatollah. sounds like a huge stepdown over the years, from ayatollah to just measly supervisor.
During Tango Mick said he treated the three of them like Marionettes, but was nice to Stevie. I don't know what Stevie called him during SYW, master craftsman, Russian box maker, but in the end she warned that the palm trees might hit him in the head.

Michele
Old 04-11-2014, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. She brought up all the challenging aspects of returning to make sure that Christine had considered everything and still wanted to come back. To make sure she was all in. It doesn't make sense for someone to say they want to come back and you tell them all the perks and good stuff. She already said she wants back in.
Now, she says she was the one to tell Chris to get a personal trainer.

I think more than that, the yoga they are doing will be good and can give Chris the mental focus that may replace the need for mental unfocus alcohol used to provide on stage.

Michele
Old 04-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly, I have no idea why Stevie is not in the studio with the other four besides possibly her commitments and travel plans to recent TV Appearances including Country Award show, Fallon, and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame performance.

I would assume she would be needed for some harmonies and vocals even if recording only Chris and Lindsey tunes. Hopefully she will contribute something fresh and exciting for the new album unlike her song on the EP. I am excited to hear what they eventually put out collectively as the reunited Rumours line-up.

Kinda curious if there will be a major change to the overall stage set-up and production for this outing or if it will mostly mirror LIVE 2013 outing.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
Absolutely right. They should dump her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And they will, right after all the arenas sell out. (For the second leg.)
At least ticket prices will drop like a rock...I can see it now ...The "Men Of Mac featuring Christine McVie" coming to a steak house near you, advance ticket holders will receive a free buffet coupon...
Old 04-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
At least ticket prices will drop like a rock...I can see it now ...The "Men Of Mac featuring Christine McVie" coming to a steak house near you, advance ticket holders will receive a free buffet coupon...
Hahaha .I agree.Maybe nightclubs and those free concerts that the local towns put on or state fairs.

I'll be there.

No they probably struggle alittlebit like in the past .

The Time concerts came to mind at the moment.

I was there for them too.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I doubt they do and maybe Stevie is not needed right now, but I would guess that her absence is definitely felt and minded. It's not a consensual absence, is my take.
One thing I do know for certain -- it's going to be interesting to watch as all of this continues to play out over the next year.