Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It's 2013. I daresay the VAST majority of their fans have access to computers or MP3 players/smart phones!

Old 04-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
It's 2013. I daresay the VAST majority of their fans have access to computers or MP3 players/smart phones!
Indeed. Even my technology-hating 80 year old Grandmother has a PC and a Facebook account. If there's a Fleetwood Mac fan out there who doesn't use a computer, they likely have no idea the band is even touring right now, so FM has no use for them anyway.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
But that's wht I'm saying: I've been listening to music for 30 years, many hours a day. And I listen closely, not as background music. Yet I can take a song I've heard 200 times on CD - say, "Never Going Back Again" - and play it as MP3, and I can't tell the difference. I'd just like to understand why. Is it just that we're all different in the way our ears work? Or is it a function of the fact that I've never had high-end audio equipment? I actually envy the people who can hear the difference; it makes me feel like I'm missing out on something!
Do you remember that mosquito test that everyone was doing a few years ago? Where they played a high-pitched tone to see who could hear it? Most people couldn't hear it. Kids could, but most older adults couldn't. That test had to do with hearing sharpness, but I am sure there other other tests that differentiate tone and sound layers.

We all taste things differently. Yes, we all hear differently too.

Michele
Old 04-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post

However, perfect pitch and the ability to discern CD sound from MP3s are really unrelated qualities. I know for most people it doesn't make a difference, but it does for some. I can honestly walk into a retail store, hear a song and know immediately it's being piped in through an iPod or some such device. I can hear clipping on certain notes and I hear compression that, especially with songs that I am familiar with, changes the sound.
And as someone who grew up listening to music on scratchy AM stations, it's not like my ears only appreciate high quality audio. It's just that when I'm PURCHASING music, I don't want the sound to be noticeably inferior right out of the box. Forget all those vinyl albums I scratched in my youth. At least they sounded good when I opened the package.

Michele
Old 04-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
If Stevie ain't got it, then I don't want it either! Well -- Stevie, does admit to having an ipod. But you know what I mean.

Michele
Old 04-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At this stage of the game, what it boils down to is they need to get as many sales as possible to prove that they are still a viable band who ISN'T just phoning it in!
By limiting their avenues and doing one vs. the other ~ instead of EVERY option! ~ they're cutting off their noses to spite their faces!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And as someone who grew up listening to music on scratchy AM stations, it's not like my ears only appreciate high quality audio. It's just that when I'm PURCHASING music, I don't want the sound to be noticeably inferior right out of the box. Forget all those vinyl albums I scratched in my youth. At least they sounded good when I opened the package.

Michele
Yes thats me.Back in the old days when AM was gold with top 40. I always had my am radio play under the pillow on low for my parents cant hear it.

I agree 100 percent about purchasing music with crappy bitrate.

If its a .Wav or a flac I will go for it.Not for a MP3 or AAC file.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-12-2013, 06:28 AM
Ledgie

Surely got to be hard copy aswell for their older fans?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieannboo View Post
Surely got to be hard copy aswell for their older fans?
I hope they decide to release it on cd.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Not for a MP3 or AAC file.
I'm one of the lucky ones that is perfectly satisfied with these formats. I have thousands of songs of these types and have loved what I'm hearing for years. But then again I don't own any fancy schmancy sound systems like I did when I was in my 20's and 30's.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Article that mentions the new songs at the end.

The Mac is back: Fleetwood Mac plays the TD Garden on Thursday and the Comcast Center on June 21. And nobody’s giddier over the band’s return than drummer Mick Fleetwood.

Behind the kit, his happy mania — eyes bulging, sticks and sweat flying — is an asset. But the 65-year-old rock veteran’s enthusiasm didn’t help reassemble rock’s most incestuous band.

“I got a little (ticked) off two years ago that we weren’t working,” Fleetwood said from Los Angeles, where the band had been rehearsing. “I needed to let go and admit that maybe we’d never work again. I’m a Fleetwood Mac nut, this is my whole life since 1967. But I shouldn’t have gotten (ticked) off. I should have realized Stevie* (Nicks) just needed time.”

.Nicks had gone her own way. In 2011, she toured with Rod Stewart. She released her first album in a decade, “In Your Dreams.” Then she toured some more. A solo star, Nicks didn’t need the band she helped make one of the world’s biggest (100 million albums sold and counting).

“I thought, ‘(Expletive), I’ve got to do something,’” Fleetwood said. “So I opened a lovely restaurant in Maui called Fleetwood’s On Front Street, where I’m sort of 
the John Cleese character 
in ‘Fawlty Towers.’ ”

But once the place was running, he needed something else. He needed rock ’n’ roll.

Without Nicks, Fleetwood gathered singer/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and bassist John McVie for jam sessions in Hawaii. It was just for fun, just to stay fit behind the kit. But it quickly brought back Fleetwood’s hunger for a reunion.

“We went in the studio and recorded a whole load of stuff, some of the best stuff Lindsey has ever written,” he said. “We knew Stevie was busy, but we wanted to send her a message. These songs were a giant calling card to her.

“Many months later, Stevie spent some time with Lindsey and they started singing together,” Fleetwood said. “These were songs Lindsey had written with her in mind. So, yes, I’m happy to say that we’re going on the road, and we’ll be doing two of these new songs.”

For two decades, every Mac tour and album has felt like a finale — the last tour was in 2009, the last album in 2003. The revelation that the reunion tour will debut new material has been totally unexpected.

“We just made the decision to put a few of these songs on iTunes,” Fleetwood said — the EP is expected to drop any day. “It’s important to us that we’re not just treading water creatively. My dream is to finish these hugely gorgeous songs from Lindsey, get three songs from Stevie, and we’ll have a whole Fleetwood Mac album.”But for now he’ll have to be patient. Just like his fellow fans, he’s learned Fleetwood Mac can’t be rushed.

http://bostonherald.com/entertainmen...with_new_songs
Old 04-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I wonder why only 3 songs from Stevie? The last time she only had 3 songs on a Fleetwood Mac album was Tango In The Night, and obviously that's because there was still a third songwriter in the fold.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This band obviously is confused as to what "a few days" means.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What's the money on Lindsey still saying "in a few days" when they play Dublin in September? I'm hoping for a surprise release at the start of next week since it's my birthday on Wednesday
Old 04-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
What's the money on Lindsey still saying "in a few days" when they play Dublin in September? I'm hoping for a surprise release at the start of next week since it's my birthday on Wednesday
i would not be surprised. Mick said at the m&g that he has no clue when it will come out.

hope we all get it to celebrate your bday!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"