Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question New album?

So since the Unleashed Tour began, with all the stage talk, interviews, and just the general speculation of a new album, I've been thinking. About statements from the band, the conversations here, and just wondering.. who thinks they will record again, for sure? And who is unsure?

Last edited by The Chain; 08-15-2009 at 07:45 AM..
Old 08-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They'll record. With a producer. If they want to make one last big artistic statement, I recommend Jack White.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They seem pretty fired up..I think they will...but, I really hope Christine will,at least,record with them,even if she's opts not to tour...
Old 08-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know, I have my doubts that they will record a new studio album. If they go to AUS in dec. and jan. (and it seems like they will) than I'm sure they won't start any project till 2010. Guess it depends what Lindsey and Stevie's plans are after the tour in over, and how they are feeling after the tour is over.

And Chris won't be a part of it at all.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
I don't know, I have my doubts that they will record a new studio album. If they go to AUS in dec. and jan. (and it seems like they will) than I'm sure they won't start any project till 2010. Guess it depends what Lindsey and Stevie's plans are after the tour in over, and how they are feeling after the tour is over.

And Chris won't be a part of it at all.
I think I'd rather have a new Stevie solo album and then a new Fleetrwood Mac record. That could mean that there could be another Mac album in 3-4 years' time, with Stevie's solo album in 2011 (recorded in 2010) and Mac's in 2012/13 (there was only 2 years between Trouble In Shangri-La and Say You Will after all).

As for producers, I'd like to see them work with Rick Rubin or, as has already been said. Jack White (him and Lindsey could do some GREAT stuff!)

Last edited by Dodfather; 08-15-2009 at 12:50 PM..
Old 08-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think Rick Rubin is right for them. John Chelew would do it right. Without ten really good songs, though, no one can make a great record.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
They'll record. With a producer. If they want to make one last big artistic statement, I recommend Jack White.
How about someone like Christopher Bishop? or Paul Myers? with Edward T. Graham handling the engineering tasks?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Come on David. That's a joke about people of new media isn't it? Do you mean that? At least there is some realism in my recommendation: Lindsey said himself that he'd LOVE to work with Jack White. Not in a lifetime Stevie would, but one never knows with her.....maybe she likes him too.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

They couldn't wait untill 2012/13. They would be too old, illness etc would hinder a tour and I don't think at that age a 50 date tour would be on the cards anyway, Lindsey and Stevie's voices wouldn't hold out.

I don't really rate Jack White all that much.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick said that there was a "good chance" of a new Fleetwood Mac album when I met him in May. That being said, this is one long tour for a bunch of 60-year-olds so although I'm pretty sure they'll keep recording, our tour dates may be very limited or unexistent in the future.

I seriously, seriously hope that isn't the case-- Marissa and I are seriously planning to do everything we can to really dedicate ourselves to a new tour. But who knows?

One thing is fairly certain-- this will probably be Mac's last time out together.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Come on David. That's a joke about people of new media isn't it? Do you mean that?
No no no, they've done some excellent work in production & engineering. I have some of the CDs myself. I like the way they "hear."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They have to do another tour. At least we know they are not gonna get away without doing a farewell tour! (was unleashed really Farewell Part 1?)
Old 08-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They've probably already got stuff in the can. All the talk is just hype, imo. They have to have some material for the 'ol publicity machine, after all.

At any rate, I hope they do release one more batch of new material. It would be a nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
They have to do another tour. At least we know they are not gonna get away without doing a farewell tour! (was unleashed really Farewell Part 1?)
I think it was Farewell Warm Up, part 1...

Last edited by CADreaming; 08-15-2009 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: more to say
Old 08-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
No no no, they've done some excellent work in production & engineering. I have some of the CDs myself. I like the way they "hear."
What did they produce? I didn't find anything under their names immediately. didn't do alot of searching though. I'd like to hear some so I can see what you mean....

Old 08-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just hope, if there is a new project, it's a little more collaborative in spirit. I really love Say You Will, and while it can feel like a mash up of solo projects, with these artists, at that time, it was the best we were gonna get - and it was great. I like some of the material on SYW just as much Tusk, the best IMO.
But really. If there is going to be one more, or multiple studio projects from this Mac line-up, I really want to see them working closer. I mean, it's been said before, but this is basically Buckingham Nicks with one of the greatest rhythm sections in the modern blues rock world. We got a taste of what it could be like on SYW, but the process wasn't as intimate as it sounds. So I would love to see a real collaboration