User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
What if Stevie ended the show with "Fireflies" just with piano like we hear on the piano demo? I would DIE.
That could be interesting, although I'd love to see them rock it out... Even do it similar to the 1980 live album version.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Registered

Default include songs after 1982 :)

1,2- Frozen Love/ The Chain (not a medley, but full versions of each without a break)
3- Tango In The Night
4- Straight Back
5- Go Your Own Way
6- Silver Springs
7- Walk A Thin Line (my favorite LB song)
8- Gold Dust Woman
9- Landslide
10- I Don't Want To Know
11- Tusk
12- Sara
13- Miranda
14- Steal Your Heart Away
15- Thrown Down
16- I'm So Afraid
17- Can't Go Back (what i liked best of his on 'Mirage' and such a contrast to ISA I think performed immediately after it'd be a great showcase of hard-rocking LB and folkie-pop LB)
18- medley: Big Love (maybe 2 minutes of it) with Everybody Finds Out (full version) and after Stevie's two 'Don't you know, don't you know' at the end of EFO, the 'uh-uh-uh-uh' ending of Big Love.
19- Dreams (perfect to start to wind down the concert, I've always hated it done so early in the set)
20- Sisters of The Moon
21 (closer) Angel (as much of a duet as possible)
Encore:
22- Isn't It Midnight (LB on first verse, duet on chorus, Stevie on second verse)
23- Seven Wonders
24- LB's solo hit 'Trouble', full version, morphing into Stevie's 'Whole Lotta Trouble' but with LB doing the bridge, not Stevie- maybe he can tighten-up the arrangement where the verses meander a bit, especially for 'when i want somethin, i get it' to pack the punch it needs to
The End.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
1,2- Frozen Love/ The Chain (not a medley, but full versions of each without a break)
3- Tango In The Night
4- Straight Back
5- Go Your Own Way
6- Silver Springs
8- Gold Dust Woman
9- Landslide
10- I Don't Want To Know
11- Tusk
12- Sara
13- Miranda
15- Thrown Down
16- I'm So Afraid
17- Can't Go Back (what i liked best of his on 'Mirage' and such a contrast to ISA I think performed immediately after it'd be a great showcase of hard-rocking LB and folkie-pop LB)
18- medley: Big Love (maybe 2 minutes of it) with Everybody Finds Out (full version) and after Stevie's two 'Don't you know, don't you know' at the end of EFO, the 'uh-uh-uh-uh' ending of Big Love.
19- Dreams (perfect to start to wind down the concert, I've always hated it done so early in the set)
20- Sisters of The Moon
Encore:
22- Isn't It Midnight (LB on first verse, duet on chorus, Stevie on second verse)
23- Seven Wonders
24- LB's solo hit 'Trouble', full version, morphing into Stevie's 'Whole Lotta Trouble' but with LB doing the bridge, not Stevie- maybe he can tighten-up the arrangement where the verses meander a bit, especially for 'when i want somethin, i get it' to pack the punch it needs to
The End.
That sounds like it would be fantastic!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
3- Tango In The Night
4- Straight Back
5- Go Your Own Way
6- Silver Springs
8- Gold Dust Woman
9- Landslide
10- I Don't Want To Know
11- Tusk
12- Sara
13- Miranda
15- Thrown Down
16- I'm So Afraid
20- Sisters of The Moon
Encore:
23- Seven Wonders
The End.
Two moments of genius.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Registered

Two moments of genius.
well, thanks, Danielle, and to thank you for your kindness, I should add that at any concert Danielle attends, Stevie should revive 'Rhiannon'...at every other concert, I'd say 'let her rest in peace', 'cause ...well, never mind...

I have to say I like the flow of this 'never will happen' show, how great would it be for 'Dreams' to come near the end and 'GYOW' near the start followed by 'Silver Springs'- I love 'Walk A Thin Line' and have never heard it live, and for it to be played before 'Gold Dust Woman' makes some sense to me... ('they told me that I never would recover') the thin 'line' followed by the cocaine-influence of GDW.
If only to have 'Tango' be the third song after 'Frozen Love' and 'The Chain' and then a blistering 'Straight Back' as the 4th song- that's the way to start a rock concert, baby!
Maybe I should omit 'Isn't It Midnight' though I'd love to hear LB and Stevie try it.
Fun thread. Again
--I think we did this back in '02 and '03, you are far too young to remember
(I think we've also done it for every solo Stevie tour since The Ledge has been in existance!)

Last edited by Nikolaj; 08-15-2009 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: 'walk a thin line' lyric
Old 08-15-2009, 06:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Nikolaj;836638]Two moments of genius.
well, thanks, Danielle, and to thank you for your kindness, I should add that at any concert Danielle attends, Stevie should revive 'Rhiannon'...at every other concert, I'd say 'let her rest in peace', 'cause ...well, never mind...

I have to say I like the flow of this 'never will happen' show, how great would it be for 'Dreams' to come near the end and 'GYOW' near the start followed by 'Silver Springs'- I love 'Walk A Thin Line' and have never heard it live, and for it to be played before 'Gold Dust Woman' makes some sense to me... ('they told me that I never would recover') the thin 'line' followed by the cocaine-influence of GDW.
If only to have 'Tango' be the third song after 'Frozen Love' and 'The Chain' and then a blistering 'Straight Back' as the 4th song- that's the way to start a rock concert, baby!
Maybe I should omit 'Isn't It Midnight' though I'd love to hear LB and Stevie try it.
Fun thread. Again
--I think we did this back in '02 and '03, you are far too young to remember
(I think we've also done it for every solo Stevie tour since The Ledge has been in existance!)[/QUOTE]

Never mind a dream set list for Stevie. I'd settle for any setlist if it meant she dared to leave the US/Australia/New Zealand for a solo tour! No European dates since 1989, ridiculous and really annoying!
Old 08-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I should add that at any concert Danielle attends, Stevie should revive 'Rhiannon'...
Has it become common knowledge on the Ledge that I'm absolutely obsessed with "Rhiannon"? It's starting to feel like it....
Old 08-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Frankly I dont think any Buckingham Nicks tunes "work" within the context of Fleetwood Mac... because the majority of the concert goers won't know the songs. At least from the band's perspective I don't think they would perform them. I think "Don't Let me Down Again," which sounds as if it could've been on the "white" album, would work in a World Turning kind of way.

That being said... I would love to see "Buckingham Nicks" do a theatre tour and do all of their solo material along with 4 or 5 B/N album cuts.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Has it become common knowledge on the Ledge that I'm absolutely obsessed with "Rhiannon"? It's starting to feel like it....
Not yet. You're still too new