Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2003, 05:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by saradorna
OMG!!! That is sick.

Ughh!!! Thats making me sick!

Isabel
It seems like that the fans are just a means of making money we are all just walking dollar bills to him...and he seems to think that we can all be won over with 'positions' with the MF.com and the FM.com boards where gain can be made from a bad situation to haul his ass out of the crap.
Old 05-23-2003, 05:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: TRYING TO WORM HIS WAY OUT OF A NASTY SITUATION

Quote:
One of our people thought it humorous to play with your message and accidentally sent you the reply! We’ve recalled this and hopefully you won’t be troubled by first message.
That's it.... let's just blame one of the minions.....

Quote:
We never accept “commissions” or sales referrals for promotion of Fleetwood Mac programs and we need no financial or other compensation from you.
And I find it almost laughable that he felt the need to put this in here if we weren't to have read the original message

Pip
Old 05-23-2003, 05:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by highpriestess53
It seems like that the fans are just a means of making money we are all just walking dollar bills to him...and he seems to think that we can all be won over with 'positions' with the MF.com and the FM.com boards where gain can be made from a bad situation to haul his ass out of the crap.
I just feel incredibly insulted by all this. We were slogging our guts out at our own expense to try to do something for the UK fans as I doubt FM will come over here and this is the treatment we receive... whether we were meant to know about it or not. And we would have known nothing about his true feelings if he hadn't screwed up. I'm not saying this is the reason the convention was cancelled as we were struggling to sell tickets as promotion was proving difficult but this certainly left a very sour taste for me

Pip
Old 05-23-2003, 05:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Why in the hell you waited

so long to post this? I'm not a mind reader. lol

I thought that Pip was angry because some email that JT had sent her. She mention something in the FM UK board about the fact she had prove that JT was a fraud (or something like) in black and white.

Well, damn! this is just so sick.

Mick seems to be a magnet for GLB's.

GLB = Greed Little Bastards.

Isabel
Old 05-23-2003, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I just feel incredibly insulted by all this. We were slogging our guts out at our own expense to try to do something for the UK fans as I doubt FM will come over here and this is the treatment we receive... whether we were meant to know about it or not. And we would have known nothing about his true feelings if he hadn't screwed up. I'm not saying this is the reason the convention was cancelled as we were struggling to sell tickets as promotion was proving difficult but this certainly left a very sour taste for me

Pip
Well, people are not going to be interested in buying into the convention until the band goes there. I believe that's why you were having such a hard time selling tickets.

I do hope they DO go to europe and you guys get to see them. At least that would take out SOME of the bad taste this hole thing has left you guys in your mouth.

Isabel
Old 05-23-2003, 05:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Why in the hell you waited

Quote:
Originally posted by saradorna
so long to post this? I'm not a mind reader. lol

I thought that Pip was angry because some email that JT had sent her. She mention something in the FM UK board about the fact she had prove that JT was a fraud (or something like) in black and white.

Well, damn! this is just so sick.

Mick seems to be a magnet for GLB's.

GLB = Greed Little Bastards.

Isabel
I have to admit we weren't sure about posting this. But the crap keeps continuing and people are still not happy with the fan club fiasco and the pre-sales as I have been reading on the ledge.

Pip
Old 05-23-2003, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: [B]THIS IS MY STATEMENT OF FACT[/B]

Quote:
Originally posted by highpriestess53
[B]From: "Louise J Beard"

Mr. Todd next email says he is awaiting confirmation about my submitting a regular column on European Happenings
I just need to LMAO off at this bit.... European Happenings??!! Well that would be a short column! Puhleeese....LOL!

Pip
Old 05-23-2003, 06:11 AM
Ledgie

I left Mick's Board right after Louise received these emails - I want nothing to do with JT or Sabremark.

I was part of the Convention Team and his comments were an insult to each one of us.

Jonathan Todd has to go.

Rachel

Fireflies UK - www.firefliesuk.com
Old 05-23-2003, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Jonathan Todd has to go.
Yes, he does. That management would think that this is OK enough to not FIGHT to have him removed is beyond me. Maybe you will hear more on that later.

The thing is that Jonathan Todd is a lying snake. These emails are blatant examples of his intent, that he would pass the blame, as he has done Over and Over, (which worker did this, uh, Jackie? Trin? Watch out you two,,,,you are getting ready to take some falls. Why do you think he passed the buck and is not posting? You are digging yourselves in and you can't be fired.).

One other point everyone: That JT felt comfortable enough to POST those comments to Blain Clausen says that at Least Blain Clausen is in the know about what JT is up to, approves of it and they may be in this together, if not the whole rest of Micks management. I think that JT called Blain and told him what he had done and that Blain gave him that phone number so he could cover his ass. Not because he thought that JT was going to work out the advertising of the convention.

JT was too "familiar" with Blain in that email. There was no official demeanor nor affiliated respect, only the way you would talk to a "close" associate who would "approve" of the way that he spoke of Pip, ridiculed Louise and the convention and lastly wanted a cut of the tickets of a nonprofit event to PROMOTE FLEETWOOD MAC.

I Ask You All This: Has any band EVER been in line for so much FREE promotion?

Jonathan Todd, if you are reading this, what you did to me, my friends and countless unknown ppl on Mick Fleetwoods Board, in the name of Fleetwood Mac is unconscionable and you should be ashamed, but, you won't because it is my opinion that you seem to have a sociopathic personality that is only concerned with your pockets and will lie in a cocaine heartbeat...There seems to be no heart nor soul that loves this band nor it's fans. And, if you put up a chat board or bb on FMac, guess what? You have a lot of unhappy fans, getting more unhappy by the moment...are you gonna kick them off the board of FM as you did Micks site? THEY PAID TO BE THERE. "Think about it, think about it before you go"
(You don't even know what that is from, do you superman?"

Last edited by seeknpeace; 05-23-2003 at 07:44 AM..
Old 05-23-2003, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, and one other thing for your doubting Thomas's, please note on the headers that Louise provided the IP addy is the same, and also notice that this communication was sent at or around midnight to one in the morning...

WHO has access to his obviously HOME computer at that time of the morning? Do the minions hang out there and do this when they should be home in bed or getting ready to go there?

Just look at the IP addys and info. There is a reason all that was posted. JT thinks that we are allllllll so stupid. Not all of us. Why do you think that he banned us?
Old 05-23-2003, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As I sat here reading JT's garbage, I almost had to go throw up!

THIS IS JUST DISGUSTING! I'M NEVER GOING TO THAT BOARD AGAIN!

TO QUOTE CONRAD: "THE HORROR!THE HORROR!"

~Alex

Old 05-23-2003, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is all so sickening. I truly hope that a personnel change is made before more damage is done. I got out of the fan club and got my refund (after waiting two months for my credit card company to make a decision), but I'm still burned by all the deleted posts, misrepresentation and now two-facedness of JT and his group. Fan clubs should be run by fans--not PT Barnum-esque marketing "experts."

John
Old 05-23-2003, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He's a pig - not that any of us doubted it before, but this really throws some more fuel on the fire. This guy has got some seriously bad karma headed his way. The sooner the better for us!
Old 05-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Ledgie

After I'd had chance to digest what JT had said in his misdirected email, I sent this reply back:

Dear Mr Todd

I wish to comment on the email that you recently misdirected to my friend Louise Beard, the contents of which affect myself and others.

Firstly let me tell you who I am.

My name is Rachel Lewis. I'm a housewife living in England and I'm one of the members of Fireflies UK. With others I've been working behind the scenes trying to put together our convention. I've been a fan of Fleetwood Mac since 1975, when my very thoughtful parents played me the 'white album'. I am not a media mogul, I am a mere fan, a person who buys the records, goes to the concerts and posts (occasionally) on fan forums - albeit not yours Mr Todd. I removed myself from the Mick Fleetwood message boards after I first read the email below. As you are aware, there are many places around the internet where I can post my thoughts and feelings about Fleetwood Mac, including our very own Fireflies UK.

I would like to address some of the points raised in your email:

Firstly, your assumption that: "Some of the people involved with this have been so bad on Mick’s board we’ve banned them."

To my knowledge, only one person was temporarily banned from your message forums and she was reinstated because you didn't have a valid reason to ban her; she merely made a few sarcastic comments about the alleged problems with the fan club. Is that really 'so bad' ? That is entirely in character for any member of the British public, as we always deal with adversity with a healthy dose of sarcasm. She was never rude about Mr Fleetwood or any other member of the band and she never would be. She is the best of people Mr Todd, a valuable friend, a loyal fan and motivated by her regard for the band, not a balance sheet or anyone's agenda. Pip Fidler is not a trouble maker, she has been a valued member of the fan community for many years and to have misrepresented her in this way demands an apology.

Secondly, what is an honest spelling mistake here and there.

Louise has been in contact with Blain many times and he has never corrected her, so obviously this is not an issue for him. You could spell my name Rachael or Raychel, I would not dismiss you out of hand, I would still know who you mean. Can you guarantee that all email and correspondence from Sabremark is spelt correctly every time? From what I've seen from the fan club emails, this is not always the case.

Thirdly, your comment about taking a portion of our ticket sales.

I don't easily have my faith in people shaken, but your comment about taking a portion of our ticket sales was offensive in the extreme. If you had bothered to find out a little more before you dashed off your email, you would have known that this convention was being financed by us as a service to fans in the UK. Service is a little known word these days, but the Oxford Dictionary defines it as "the act of helping or doing work for another or for a community..." Our budget for this event makes no profit whatsoever and each one of us is considerably out of pocket after putting up money to buy media advertising and other such expenses. As a businessman you may regard this as folly, but I'm sure you can appreciate wanting to make something happen that you believe in.

It is this aspect of your email which has also clouded my opinion of Fleetwood Mac. Your company runs their website and the website of Mr Fleetwood, you are their spokesman on this point and so I must naturally assume that your views reflect the band. Do they really only see their fans as a means of lining their own pockets? If that is the case then I doubt I can remain a fan of Fleetwood Mac, and as I said earlier, that would be nearly 30 years of my life. Would Fleetwood Mac be happy knowing that they had lost a fan because of an offhand comment made by you ? I don't know, but I'm sure you will have the opportunity to speak to Mr Fleetwood about that before I will.

Our motivation for putting together this convention was never money. It was because we haven't had the pleasure of seeing the band perform live in the UK for over 10 years now. We thought it would be a great idea to put together a party for UK fans, to give them something to tide them over until the band play here again - which we hope will be soon. But we're not holding our breaths on this, as the British Fleetwood Mac fan gets quite used to disappointment.

As to whether our convention is 'representative' or 'legit' let met tell you that Louise has been in contact with management for many months on this, we have tried time and again to get the merest crumb of support. Amazingly, no one has just come clean out and said 'no, we would not be able to support you'. Had we known where we stood much earlier in this process, we would have not taken up so much of your valuable time. Everyone has had ample opportunity to question what we were doing. Right from the outset we made it a priority to obtain official permission to use images and names because we are conscious that the Fleetwood Mac name is a trademark. As for whether we are 'legit', then let me just ask you, bearing in mind any difficulties you may have experienced with the fan club, can you think it would be worth our while being anything other than 'legit' when faced with angry Fleetwood Mac fans?

I finish by saying that I won't be returning to view any Fleetwood Mac sites operated by Sabremark, I can get my news and information about Fleetwood Mac from other sources.

You do not need to reply to this email, I appreciate you are a busy person, I just wanted you to be aware of exactly who you've hurt and insulted with your misdirected message. I am not a crazed fan, my life does not revolve around Fleetwood Mac and I do not spend every waking moment scheming to get close to them. I'm a normal person, living in the English countryside, bringing up a young family, who just happens to love the music that Fleetwood Mac make and has a great regard for them. It's just such a pity you've taken the shine off them for me.

Regards
Rachel Lewis

Fireflies UK - www.firefliesuk.com
Old 05-23-2003, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is making me sick. I don't think there are any words that can express what Im thinking or feeling right now.
I can't belive that there are people on his site that still kiss his a**. They bow down to him like he was a god. Well God he is not.
One day he will have to stand before his Maker and give account of what he has done. I would not what to be him.