The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 01-14-2021, 03:24 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
And the whole Tango period Lindsey looked great, though I think they all did, with the exception of Stevie’s hair in Big Love. Big Love, Seven Wonders, and Little Lies are probably all of them at their peak, in terms of looks alone.
I don't even like to look at pics of Stevie from this time period. Yes she was always beautiful but in many of these pics she was bloated and coked out. For me Stevie's prime was 1975-1981 & modern day.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-14-2021, 03:29 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Mick especially, who looked like a freak and was even kind of scary looking in the late 70s, looks good now.
Yes I agree with this statement. I was never attracted to Mick. I didn't find him appealing at all. John either. I always thought Lindsey was attractive but I was never sexually attracted to him. But now as an older man when I look back at pictures of Mick from the late 1970's I actually do find him attractive. Go figure.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-14-2021, 03:35 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
In the recent Q&A, remaining songs from the original Gift of Screws was brought up. Lindsey stated that he is very forward thinking and doesn’t like to re-visit his past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah. I didn’t buy that stuff about not revisiting his past.
I don't buy it either considering the song set he performed in his recent online show. It was mostly past FM hits. For a man who always talks about creativity and moving forward, one would think his solo shows would all be about his solo catalog. But no, it was mostly the same old tired songs he complained about having to perform with Fleetwood Mac.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-14-2021, 05:14 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I don't buy it either considering the song set he performed in his recent online show. It was mostly past FM hits. For a man who always talks about creativity and moving forward, one would think his solo shows would all be about his solo catalog. But no, it was mostly the same old tired songs he complained about having to perform with Fleetwood Mac.
I agree the set was predictable and short. I haven't seen Bleed to Love Her performed solo or Stephanie other than on BN. I'm not sure how It Was You, Great Day, or This Is the Time would have gone over.

I think the aim of the program was to show he still has instrumental chops after the medical emergency he had.

Leave the album tracks for a tour... if he or other senior citizens perform on stages again.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-16-2021, 02:31 AM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I agree the set was predictable and short. I haven't seen Bleed to Love Her performed solo or Stephanie other than on BN.
I think he did both on One Man Show.

Quote:
I'm not sure how It Was You, Great Day, or This Is the Time would have gone over.
The “This Nearly Was Mine/Street of Dreams” medley would have been amazing.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-16-2021, 08:52 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think he did both on One Man Show.


The “This Nearly Was Mine/Street of Dreams” medley would have been amazing.
I know. I didn't go to OMS and I can't find the live album anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-18-2021, 02:35 AM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Yes I agree with this statement. I was never attracted to Mick. I didn't find him appealing at all. John either. I always thought Lindsey was attractive but I was never sexually attracted to him. But now as an older man when I look back at pictures of Mick from the late 1970's I actually do find him attractive. Go figure.
I like Mick’s speaking voice and word choice sometimes. If I closed my eyes ...
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-18-2021, 02:37 AM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I don't buy it either considering the song set he performed in his recent online show. It was mostly past FM hits. For a man who always talks about creativity and moving forward, one would think his solo shows would all be about his solo catalog. But no, it was mostly the same old tired songs he complained about having to perform with Fleetwood Mac.
But I don’t really put a Covid show in the same category as a solo show. It was more just a “proof of life“ appearance.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-18-2021, 01:39 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I don't even like to look at pics of Stevie from this time period. Yes she was always beautiful but in many of these pics she was bloated and coked out. For me Stevie's prime was 1975-1981 & modern day.
Yes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Jacket Display Stevie Nicks, Buckingham & McVie – ...
$2340.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Jacket Display Stevie Nicks, Buckingham & McVie – ... pictureSIGNED Mick Fleetwood Mac Love that burns Deluxe Genesis Publications Book
$1242.48
SIGNED Mick Fleetwood Mac Love that burns Deluxe Genesis Publications Book pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks
$1033.85
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks pictureMick Fleetwood Signed Fleetwood Mac Vinyl Beckett Authentication Services BAS
$816.7
Mick Fleetwood Signed Fleetwood Mac Vinyl Beckett Authentication Services BAS pictureHand Signed Fleetwood Mac English Rose Album Cover
$684.93
Hand Signed Fleetwood Mac English Rose Album Cover picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved