Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Question

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
I don't believe that God created man and woman, I believe in evolution (don't shoot me!)
Can you explain to me then, how the world was created out of nothing? If there was a "big bang" theory, where did those molecules or whatever come from?
Old 02-22-2004, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Question

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Can you explain to me then, how the world was created out of nothing? If there was a "big bang" theory, where did those molecules or whatever come from?
No, I cannot explain it and I don't believe it will *ever* be explained. But, if I am certain of one thing, the explanation given in the Bible isn't a true explanation, it's a story that has been passed down. Sorry, it's too big of a tale.

Old 02-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Hee Hee

Quote:
No, I cannot explain it and I don't believe it will *ever* be explained. But, if I am certain of one thing, the explanation given in the Bible isn't a true explanation, it's a story that has been passed down. Sorry, it's too big of a tale.
"Cuz ya gotta have faith, faith, faith, you gotta have faith ah faith, ah faith...BABY!!..."

Old 02-22-2004, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Hee Hee

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
"Cuz ya gotta have faith, faith, faith, you gotta have faith ah faith, ah faith...BABY!!..."

LMAO!

Old 02-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Diss...

Quote:
Disclaimer ( ) : These are my personal beliefs and I mean no offesne or insult to anyone who practices an organized religion or believes in God.
i'm sorry, but it's about to get worse.

over all, i think that we jews' fault is not the rejection of christ. i do not think we are to blame for communism, the holocaust, nor the oppression of the palestinians.
our blame is the invention of "our" now-collective monotheistic "god". we were the ones to open this door.
with this bright idea, we doomed both occident and orient to thousands of years of useless wars, animosity, hostility and misery. all on "his" behalf.
we ****ed big time, didn't we...

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG - Jake - I was reading Newsweek cover story in the February 16, 2004, U.S. Edition, by Jon Meacham called "Who Killed Jesus?" The article is good IMO and points out that although Gibson clearly followed the four Gospels, he embellished in what they thought was a way negative to the Jews. The article went on to point out the mistranslations, etc., referring to some Jews (like Caiaphas and his posse) as opposed to "all Jews." They also go into the Sanhedrin and indicate that it is not clear whether they were the acutal group. In any event, if it is still around, its worth reading, at least it was to me

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-25-2004, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
OMG - Jake - I was reading Newsweek cover story in the February 16, 2004, U.S. Edition, by Jon Meacham called "Who Killed Jesus?" The article is good IMO and points out that although Gibson clearly followed the four Gospels, he embellished in what they thought was a way negative to the Jews. The article went on to point out the mistranslations, etc., referring to some Jews (like Caiaphas and his posse) as opposed to "all Jews." They also go into the Sanhedrin and indicate that it is not clear whether they were the acutal group. In any event, if it is still around, its worth reading, at least it was to me
Yeah, I've had it sitting on my desk for some time but haven't gotten to it yet. Copies were given to all the students two weeks ago.

- Jake