User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I still try to understand what you guys mean with disrespectful remarks, because I have never ever thought they were disrespectful towards eachother. Maybe critical, maybe tongue-in-cheek, but never disrespectful.
I know. I do think any of themn were disrespectful during that time.

I think FM moved on after she left and, they looked forward instead of backward.

I mean Mick called her an asset to the band and that was taken as an insult - how is being called an asset an insult

I think many people wanted the remaining four to shriek at the top of their lungs they were nothing without her and anything else is just an insult. That is unfair because the remaining four were something without her though that something was not the product of "the five" - but it never could be could it.

As for hard feelings, clearly none exist because CM visited them at the London shows.

In the end, I think when CM left, they respected her privacy by not making a huge deal out of it. They acknowledged it and her past work and then moved on. I am unsure what else they could have done or were supposed to do.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He gives his opinion on her music, not her person. Shouldn't mix those two up.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I know. I do think any of themn were disrespectful during that time.

I think FM moved on after she left and, they looked forward instead of backward.

I mean Mick called her an asset to the band and that was taken as an insult - how is being called an asset an insult

I think many people wanted the remaining four to shriek at the top of their lungs they were nothing without her and anything else is just an insult. That is unfair because the remaining four were something without her though that something was not the product of "the five" - but it never could be could it.

As for hard feelings, clearly none exist because CM visited them at the London shows.

In the end, I think when CM left, they respected her privacy by not making a huge deal out of it. They acknowledged it and her past work and then moved on. I am unsure what else they could have done or were supposed to do.
Of course they moved on. I've said before I didn't expect them to cry their eyes out and announce that they couldn't go on without her.

But I still think that Lindsey of all people would have understood that she'd had enough and wanted to come home.

So why he made those daft remarks is beyond me.

I still think he was rude and disrespectful and it does him no credit.

Gail
Old 03-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

Interestingly, in the Destiny Rules DVD - they go into the Cm matter further by noting that CM sent flowers the night of the opening of the tour.

In the end, I think they all reached a collective decision not to bring her into the SYW process too much because it was their project and CM did not want to be in the band, etc. Also, if they allowed too many questions about her departure, then then focus was taken away from the product they were selling.

Most telling, I think, were Stevie's remarks about how hard it was without CM, but CM did not want to tour anymore and that was that.

It is an intersting topic though, esp. how one person views a comment as benign and another views it as a slight.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
. . . I've said before that this leads me to be believe that the knows just how much she is missed
I think so too. I also thinkt that this exact issue is what plagues LB - he is not the popular one and never has been. Yet, his production in the 70's and 80's lead to CM and SN's popularity, which far eclipsed his - both on the radio and commercially. Interestingly, Stevie carefully cultivated her image to sustain that popularity while CM was in it due to her songs being the most popular.

In the end though, it was the five at one time that produced the magic. yet, we and they cannot seem to think that way for the most part, which is ironic.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^^^

Interestingly, in the Destiny Rules DVD - they go into the Cm matter further by noting that CM sent flowers the night of the opening of the tour.

In the end, I think they all reached a collective decision not to bring her into the SYW process too much because it was their project and CM did not want to be in the band, etc. Also, if they allowed too many questions about her departure, then then focus was taken away from the product they were selling.

Most telling, I think, were Stevie's remarks about how hard it was without CM, but CM did not want to tour anymore and that was that.

It is an intersting topic though, esp. how one person views a comment as benign and another views it as a slight.

Mick's comment about her being an asset didn't bother me neither did John's comments on Destiny Rules. I think he was making the point that if she really didn't want to be there it would have made them all miserable.

The no tour no album excuse was total bollocks in my view. If she had wanted to take part in the album, and I'm not sure she did, they could have made room for her.

Gail
Old 03-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . The no tour no album excuse was total bollocks in my view. If she had wanted to take part in the album, and I'm not sure she did, they could have made room for her . . . .
I think so too. Plus, she already was on SYHA, which to me is the best track on the record. But, I do think she did not want to be part of the record at all as that would have required living in LA again for another year or so. I think she just bowed out gracefully and they moved on.

I loved when La Nicks said something like "and what if her song in the hit" -- I thought, well, given the stats, her song would be the hit

Old 03-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It all depends on one's perspective. Chris fans get annoyed by these things. On the other hand, most Chris fans are probably not annoyed with that Chris comment regarding Stevie on the Tusk documentary outtakes or Chris' negative comments regarding guitar solos & the guitar problems on SYW
Old 03-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
It all depends on one's perspective. Chris fans get annoyed by these things. On the other hand, most Chris fans are probably not annoyed with that Chris comment regarding Stevie on the Tusk documentary outtakes or Chris' negative comments regarding guitar solos & the guitar problems on SYW
That is because they ignore facts and are not objective

Old 03-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think if you agree with what someone says then you think they have every right to say it.

I imagine some Lindsey fans think that Christine's songs are not emotionally incisive and that they dont work well live. In which case they probably think Lindsey was right to say what he did.

I agree with Chris' opinions on guitar solos which strike me as mere showing off. Lindsey fans probably think they showcase his talents. If you pardon the expression

I don't know about the comments on the Tusk documentary outtakes - what did she say?

Gail
Old 03-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think if you agree with what someone says then you think they have every right to say it.

I imagine some Lindsey fans think that Christine's songs are not emotionally incisive and that they dont work well live. In which case they probably think Lindsey was right to say what he did.

I agree with Chris' opinions on guitar solos which strike me as mere showing off. Lindsey fans probably think they showcase his talents. If you pardon the expression
I guess I just can't help it that I usually agree with CM.

Quote:

I don't know about the comments on the Tusk documentary outtakes - what did she say?

Gail
They were working in the studio on the songs for Tusk. Stevie was kind of talking while the rest of them were sort of ignoring her. She mentioned something about angels. Then Chris repeated it and sort of rolled her eyes in that "English" sort of way. I never took it as being a big deal, although others may disagree.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I guess I just can't help it that I usually agree with CM.

They were working in the studio on the songs for Tusk. Stevie was kind of talking while the rest of them were sort of ignoring her. She mentioned something about angels. Then Chris repeated it and sort of rolled her eyes in that "English" sort of way. I never took it as being a big deal, although others may disagree.
hahahaha "others may disagree"
Old 03-12-2007, 10:10 PM

ok.... i'll say it again.......

I think CM and LB loved each other very much.... while you have quotes and such...she's also said that LB is like a brother and would do anything for her.....

i love people at my job that i disagree all the time with.... if you look at the long term roles... these two people had arguements... neg quotes about each other.... and a lot of respect for each other....

just like any of the other five...
Old 03-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Ledgie

Where did you find Tusk Doc outtakes?!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac6k View Post
Where did you find Tusk Doc outtakes?!
It's bootleg video footage that didn't make it into the officially released Tusk Documentary. It's been in circulation for awhile now. Many people that trade DVDs probably have it. The footage that I have is about 18 minutes long.