User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Chris won't come back....

....//
Added drummer Mick Fleetwood, who held Nicks' hand tightly while answering questions, "I think there's always a Fleetwood Mac story somewhere." Asked if longtime member Christine McVie would ever return to the fold, he replied, "I think [the chances are] very, very slim [or] next to nothing, so I will say no. But we miss her."
-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

BUUUAAAAAHH!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
....//
Added drummer Mick Fleetwood, who held Nicks' hand tightly while answering questions, "I think there's always a Fleetwood Mac story somewhere." Asked if longtime member Christine McVie would ever return to the fold, he replied, "I think [the chances are] very, very slim [or] next to nothing, so I will say no. But we miss her."
-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

BUUUAAAAAHH!!!!!!
I think this was from that Billboard press release from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I'm certainly not surprised. That's what she was saying in many of those interviews last year. John McVie in his Q & A said the same thing. However, it's been over 7 years since she left Fleetwood Mac & people are still asking Mick if she's coming back. I LOVE that.

This also assumes that Fleetwood Mac will record again. There's no guarantee of that at all, in my opinion.

Last edited by macfan 57; 03-16-2005 at 07:14 PM..
Old 03-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
....//
-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

BUUUAAAAAHH!!!!!!
I've been assuming she'd never come back, so this doesn't surprise me.

(Not that I wouldn't love for her to if that was what she wanted).
Old 03-16-2005, 09:38 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I think this was from that Billboard press release from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I'm certainly not surprised. That's what she was saying in many of those interviews last year. John McVie in his Q & A said the same thing. However, it's been over 7 years since she left Fleetwood Mac & people are still asking Mick if she's coming back. I LOVE that.

This also assumes that Fleetwood Mac will record again. There's no guarantee of that at all, in my opinion.
I wasn't surprised by what Mick said either....but part of me wishes they'd just make some new music as the five of them. Screw touring if Chris is so turned off to it....just concentrate on the music, have fun w/ each other.

In all the audio comments Chris makes on her site, she often speaks of herself as still being part of FM and has to keep correcting herself.... like in a way she hasn't 'disassociated' from them, and she probably never will...so if the pull of chemistry is so strong, why not just give in to it, and do a few songs together....sigh.

Although I suppose the financial ramifications of not touring, and how that affects Mick and John (as non-writers) etc is a whole other issue, I realize that...but on the other hand, they're all so freakin rich already LOL....can't $ be a non issue at this point?!

-Lis
Old 03-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
I wasn't surprised by what Mick said either....but part of me wishes they'd just make some new music as the five of them. Screw touring if Chris is so turned off to it....just concentrate on the music, have fun w/ each other.

In all the audio comments Chris makes on her site, she often speaks of herself as still being part of FM and has to keep correcting herself.... like in a way she hasn't 'disassociated' from them, and she probably never will...so if the pull of chemistry is so strong, why not just give in to it, and do a few songs together....sigh.

Although I suppose the financial ramifications of not touring, and how that affects Mick and John (as non-writers) etc is a whole other issue, I realize that...but on the other hand, they're all so freakin rich already LOL....can't $ be a non issue at this point?!

-Lis
I agree. I'm willing to say screw touring if that would mean Christine would come back. I'd be okay with just the music and not live shows.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I agree. I'm willing to say screw touring if that would mean Christine would come back. I'd be okay with just the music and not live shows.
Ditto!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
However, it's been over 7 years since she left Fleetwood Mac & people are still asking Mick if she's coming back. I LOVE that.

It just shows what a huge part of the band she was. I think her contribution to FM has been underestimated but there's no doubt (in my opinion) that they missed her on SYW.

I still think (and I know I've said this before) that IF they ever do record again honour could be satisfied by Lindsey spending a couple of weeks in the beautiful Kent countryside, get Chris to add a few vocals and some keyboards to some songs and maybe record one of hers that he could take back and they could work on.

Then it wouldn't matter if she toured (because she wont).

It's at this point I normally wake up!

Gail
Old 03-17-2005, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ditto!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin

-Lis
That's the whole crux of the matter, in my opinion. There's no money to be made just from recording an album. They have to do these oldies tours in order to make money. Fleetwood Mac is a corporate entity. They'd never do something like what Chris did with In The Meantime. She made that album purely for her own enjoyment.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh

I still think (and I know I've said this before) that IF they ever do record again honour could be satisfied by Lindsey spending a couple of weeks in the beautiful Kent countryside, get Chris to add a few vocals and some keyboards to some songs and maybe record one of hers that he could take back and they could work on.

Gail
That would be wonderful, but I can't see that happening IF they ever record again. They are still trying to push Buckingham/Nicks. If there are any Christine McVie songs on the album, then it becomes a Fleetwood Mac album, rather than just Buckingham/Nicks with Mick & John in the background(as Chris herself described it).
Old 03-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
double ditto.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That would be wonderful, but I can't see that happening IF they ever record again. They are still trying to push Buckingham/Nicks. If there are any Christine McVie songs on the album, then it becomes a Fleetwood Mac album, rather than just Buckingham/Nicks with Mick & John in the background(as Chris herself described it).
Yes I take your point on that.

I thought that SYW (although I enjoyed it) was too long and sounded like Buckingham Nicks backed by Fleetwood and McVie (which is no bad thing)

IMO the heart (and the hits) went out of the band when she left.

Long sigh!!!

Gail
Old 03-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's the whole crux of the matter, in my opinion. There's no money to be made just from recording an album. They have to do these oldies tours in order to make money. Fleetwood Mac is a corporate entity. They'd never do something like what Chris did with In The Meantime. She made that album purely for her own enjoyment.
Is FM a corporate entity, or is it just Mick and John? Do you think Stevie or Lindsey would do something like In the Meantime?
Old 03-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is FM a corporate entity, or is it just Mick and John? Do you think Stevie or Lindsey would do something like In the Meantime?
That's a good question. I'm not sure. When I said that FM is a corporate entity, I meant the entire band, not just Mick & John. Lindsey could have released his Gift Of Screws solo album years ago on an indie label. But, he didn't; he turned it into a "Fleetwood Mac" album, largely because of money, in my opinion. I think making money is a high priority for all of them(although maybe more so for Mick & John since they have no other means to make money). Maybe that will change 5 years or so down the line when they'll be too old to tour.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:13 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
That's a good question. I'm not sure. When I said that FM is a corporate entity, I meant the entire band, not just Mick & John. Lindsey could have released his Gift Of Screws solo album years ago on an indie label. But, he didn't; he turned it into a "Fleetwood Mac" album, largely because of money, in my opinion. I think making money is a high priority for all of them(although maybe more so for Mick & John since they have no other means to make money). Maybe that will change 5 years or so down the line when they'll be too old to tour.
I agree that a big part of LB's decision to release his stuff under the name FM was to see it 'recognized' in a way that it would not have been had he put it under just his name... and obviously touring together makes everyone more $ than if they tour separately.

However it would make me a bit sad to think that of after making millions on this last tour-- (didn't S/L make like 35mil each and J/M made 15 mil each? for some reason those #'s are in my head ) that $ is still the main focus? come on, they're all set for life at this point; hopefully they are all mature enough to not piss that kind of $ away....so must the main objective really be to make the most $ possible? sort of sad if that's the case. but I guess maybe that's the business.

-Lis