Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2005, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
ROTFLMAO

I actually like Say You Will but think 1. She should have sung it in a higher voice and 2. she should have added a third stanza after the guitar solo.

But, they, as usual, did not call and ask me beforehand
Those are the exact things that kill it for me. That droning, monotone voice that seems to be serching high and low for a melody that isn't there, and the repetitive chorus. Plus, the kids at the end are annoying and creepy. Makes the song end up sounding like the rejected theme song for the Smurfs.

Old 01-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Diss, what about Silver Girl??
There's no discounting that songs awfulness, but there are parts I enjoy quite a bit. In the end, I don't go leaping for the skip button like I do with those other songs I mentioned.

Old 01-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
There's no discounting that songs awfulness, but there are parts I enjoy quite a bit. In the end, I don't go leaping for the skip button like I do with those other songs I mentioned.
I actually don't mind "Silver Girl" that much. I think it's one of her better vocals on the album. The lyrics are a tad trite, but you could say that about a lot of her other songs on there, so.............
Old 01-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
I actually don't mind "Silver Girl" that much. I think it's one of her better vocals on the album. The lyrics are a tad trite, but you could say that about a lot of her other songs on there, so.............
Exactly. While the lyrics are atrocious and the music/production sound straight out of the Street Angel sessions, her vocal is pretty good and she sings it like she means it. I particularly like the last minute of it.

Old 01-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Exactly. While the lyrics are atrocious and the music/production sound straight out of the Street Angel sessions, her vocal is pretty good and she sings it like she means it. I particularly like the last minute of it.
Hmmm, I don't think i've ever heard the last minute of it. It's the reward i reap for running to press that skip button....

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
ROTFLMAO

I actually like Say You Will but think 1. She should have sung it in a higher voice and 2. she should have added a third stanza after the guitar solo.

But, they, as usual, did not call and ask me beforehand
I agree. I enjoy it the way it is, but I think that if they had called your beforehand then it would have been much better.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not trying to jump your ass, but,.............we, here, are HUGE Christine fans, and, NOT happy that she's gone.
PREACH IT MY FRIEND!!!
Old 01-30-2005, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I think Homer spoke very well for the rest of us here. In my opinion, SYW consisted of 2 solo albums thrown together for marketing purposes. It's gone & forgotten as far as I'm concerned. And, Christine was NOT a back up singer in Fleetwood Mac and Chris, Mick & John were NOT the back up band. The Rumours line-up was made up of 5 equal parts which added up to a wonderful, magical whole.
Thank you! Christine has nor will she ever be "a back up band"....
Old 01-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nicki
I know this is weird but...christine never really did it for me. Her songs were all right, but I just was never interested in her. Whenever I saw her, she looked so bored. Seeing LB and SN together on this tour this year and last year was so awesome. It was like we could relive the Buckingham Nicks magic

I wouldn't mind if she didn't come back. I enjoyed "Say You Will" a whole lot with out her.
When questioned how Christine felt about SYW on a recent radio show she said that It was really good...but with perhaps TOO much guitar, and that it is essentially a Buckingham Nicks album with John and Mick in the background. I feel the same way. I think that if they were going to do the whole buckingham nicks thing...they should have done it on their own...and not call it a Fleetwood Mac project!
Old 01-30-2005, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Diss, what about Silver Girl??
Silver Girl is actually the ONLY Stevie song on SYW that I DO NOT LIKE! The rest I actually like!
Old 01-30-2005, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just wonderin, do you guys think that if Chris had been a part of SYW that the production would have been a little more *low* key! But Chris really dosen't like over produced-guitar drenched stuff...so do you think if she had been part of the project she would have encouraged more of a toned down sound? Just wondering what you thought about that?!?
Old 01-30-2005, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Just wonderin, do you guys think that if Chris had been a part of SYW that the production would have been a little more *low* key! But Chris really dosen't like over produced-guitar drenched stuff...so do you think if she had been part of the project she would have encouraged more of a toned down sound? Just wondering what you thought about that?!?
I think if you would take Chris' 6 best songs off of ITM, and replaced the worst 6 clunkers on SYW, you would have a CLASSIC FM album.
Although, SYW will is tooooooooooooo long. How about 4 songs each?
Old 01-30-2005, 04:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
In my opinion, SYW consisted of 2 solo albums thrown together for marketing purposes. It's gone & forgotten as far as I'm concerned.
I have to... disagree... with fans and critics who've complained about 'Say You Will' being nothing more than two solo albums slapped together.

First thing... 'Tusk,' 'Mirage' and 'Tango' all, at various moments throughout, sound like three solo albums put together.
'Tusk' most of all.
'Fleetwood Mac' and 'Rumours' are the only two of their albums together that really sound like the songs are coming from ONE band.
That's not a complaint, of course, as I've always loved the diversity within their sound.

Secondly, Lindsey's 'Gift Of Screws' material WAS recorded with Mick and John, with some contributions from Christine. Now, while it was INTENDED for a solo album, the members of Fleetwood Mac WERE present. And, in many ways, that makes his 'Say You Will' songs even more "Fleetwood Mac" than many of his 'Tusk' and 'Tango' tracks.

Lastly... Stevie's songs, while written outside of the band, were recorded from the ground up with Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey produced them, and he, John and Mick played on every track.
And while they worked on the instrumentation for many of the songs while Stevie was on the road, once she joined them in the studio, they all worked together closely for many, many months. Including four completely new songs that they worked on only once Stevie joined them.
All of which, in many ways, makes her tracks more "Fleetwood Mac" than her 'Mirage' and 'Tango' contributions.

Sure, Lindsey (and maybe even Stevie) probably hoped that a new Fleetwood Mac album would assure more exposure than a solo release could, but I still don't agree with the notion that it was all a "marketing ploy" slapped together in haste.
And I have to wonder if people would feel that way if Christine had been there too (let's not forget, after all, that her songs were slapped onto 'Time' at the "last minute").

I, for one, LOVE 'Say You Will.' I've even grown to love the couple tracks that I wasn't head over heels for initially. And I have no complaints about the length of the album. I'd rather have EIGHTEEN new tracks to digest after all these years, than only 12 or 13.

It's a shame that Christine didn't take part in the recording of the album as a full-member. And, yes, it had a haphazard origin. But that it doesn't make it any less worthy of an album, IMO.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I have to... disagree... with fans and critics who've complained about 'Say You Will' being nothing more than two solo albums slapped together.

First thing... 'Tusk,' 'Mirage' and 'Tango' all, at various moments throughout, sound like three solo albums put together.
'Tusk' most of all.
'Fleetwood Mac' and 'Rumours' are the only two of their albums together that really sound like the songs are coming from ONE band.
That's not a complaint, of course, as I've always loved the diversity within their sound.

Secondly, Lindsey's 'Gift Of Screws' material WAS recorded with Mick and John, with some contributions from Christine. Now, while it was INTENDED for a solo album, the members of Fleetwood Mac WERE present. And, in many ways, that makes his 'Say You Will' songs even more "Fleetwood Mac" than many of his 'Tusk' and 'Tango' tracks.

Lastly... Stevie's songs, while written outside of the band, were recorded from the ground up with Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey produced them, and he, John and Mick played on every track.
And while they worked on the instrumentation for many of the songs while Stevie was on the road, once she joined them in the studio, they all worked together closely for many, many months. Including four completely new songs that they worked on only once Stevie joined them.
All of which, in many ways, makes her tracks more "Fleetwood Mac" than her 'Mirage' and 'Tango' contributions.

Sure, Lindsey (and maybe even Stevie) probably hoped that a new Fleetwood Mac album would assure more exposure than a solo release could, but I still don't agree with the notion that it was all a "marketing ploy" slapped together in haste.
And I have to wonder if people would feel that way if Christine had been there too (let's not forget, after all, that her songs were slapped onto 'Time' at the "last minute").

I, for one, LOVE 'Say You Will.' I've even grown to love the couple tracks that I wasn't head over heels for initially. And I have no complaints about the length of the album. I'd rather have EIGHTEEN new tracks to digest after all these years, than only 12 or 13.

It's a shame that Christine didn't take part in the recording of the album as a full-member. And, yes, it had a haphazard origin. But that it doesn't make it any less worthy of an album, IMO.
You're so right!!! Some music & lyrics are so beautiful on syw, you don't write them like that for just a marketing ploy. For both Lindsey & Stevie.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
I think if Chris had been involved in the making of SYW, it would have sounded like a FLEETWOOD MAC album.