The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-23-2005, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd appreciate it if you guys wouldn't always bring up Bekka in Chris' forum.
It's not appropriate, and makes me feel uncomfortable.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
David, I wanna hear what your favorite Christine era is & why. Go post in that thread! I will post too, once I formulate my response. But I will say now that my answer may surprise you all.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So is a colonoscapy.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird
Christine? Doesn't do much on stage. She's behind her piano (with a green cup ), and I think she's more comfortable there. I read somewhere she said something to the effect that for her to go out and do what Stevie does would be difficult for her. She'd feel uncomfortable, and she was sure Stevie probably wouldn't want to be stuck behind a piano all night. So, therefore, I think if anything, the only presence she has is that she's doin' the piano thing. I think a lot of it has to do with personality, too. Christine says she's very shy, and more of a musician than a performer. I see Stevie as the exact opposite.
i dont think its that shes shy so much, she actually seems like a confident person, i think she is-she has every reason to be, its just not her style the whole wirly twirly thing. stevie is amazing on stage but says about herself that shes very shy and quiet off stage. -i still love chris on stage though!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySongbird
i dont think its that shes shy so much, she actually seems like a confident person, i think she is-she has every reason to be, its just not her style the whole wirly twirly thing.
It's not her style & as I said before, she couldn't do that even if it were her style. She's playing keyboards! That's a fairly stationary task. It requires you to plant yourself in front of the boards & stay there.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
It's not her style & as I said before, she couldn't do that even if it were her style. She's playing keyboards! That's a fairly stationary task. It requires you to plant yourself in front of the boards & stay there.
As I mentioned earlier...I love it when she steps from behind the keyboards and busts out that accordian or maracas.

I also like the part in the Mirage Concert where she runs accross the stage to that upright for Not That Funny. So cute.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
So is a colonoscapy.
Touche, mon frere!
Old 11-23-2005, 01:36 PM

Quote:
You'll get over it.....
Old 11-23-2005, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
David, I wanna hear what your favorite Christine era is & why. Go post in that thread! I will post too, once I formulate my response. But I will say now that my answer may surprise you all.
It won't surprise me... Unless it's the "love shines/heart of stone" era
Old 11-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySongbird
i dont think its that shes shy so much, she actually seems like a confident person, i think she is-she has every reason to be, its just not her style the whole wirly twirly thing. stevie is amazing on stage but says about herself that shes very shy and quiet off stage. -i still love chris on stage though!!!
Crawdaddy Magazine-November 1976
(about Stevie being so visible on stage)"It's great because Stevie's a show woman and she loves it. I'm the keyboard player, which keeps me out of the limelight. I enjoy it because I'm not a extrovert.

BAM 3/9/84
"I have this mask of aloofness, which really isn't aloofness, but shyness. Once you get over that, I'm easy to know. I have a reputation as the easiest member of Fleetwood Mac to know. But people have told me they thought I was stuck up. It's a kind of protective shell I have - English reserve or whatever. I was in Tower Records in San Francisco a few weeks ago, buying some cassettes, and a couple of people recognized me and ran up with albums and I just wanted to cover my face and have a seizure or something. I want people to just go away."

I do like Christine's *English reserve*, though.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Crawdaddy Magazine-November 1976
(about Stevie being so visible on stage)"It's great because Stevie's a show woman and she loves it. I'm the keyboard player, which keeps me out of the limelight. I enjoy it because I'm not a extrovert.

BAM 3/9/84
"I have this mask of aloofness, which really isn't aloofness, but shyness. Once you get over that, I'm easy to know. I have a reputation as the easiest member of Fleetwood Mac to know. But people have told me they thought I was stuck up. It's a kind of protective shell I have - English reserve or whatever. I was in Tower Records in San Francisco a few weeks ago, buying some cassettes, and a couple of people recognized me and ran up with albums and I just wanted to cover my face and have a seizure or something. I want people to just go away."

I do like Christine's *English reserve*, though.
Well, I cant blame her, especially if the fans were rude or obnoxious.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
The production is a bit simplistic. So what?
I thought it was OVER-produced She would have done better with a rawer, more intimate sound imo. I mean, the songs themselves aren't bad (except for Bad Journey--which everyone has pointed out) it's the cheesy production and arrangements that left me cold. Ugh. She could have done a lot more with this, but whatever. If it was a "little pet project" like someone mentioned earlier then I guess she did alright for herself.

And to be honest, I don't really get this, "Christine's voice sounds better than 20 years ago" sentiment either. She sounds good, don't get me wrong, but I MUCH prefer Christine's beautifully smooth alto on "Warm Ways" "Oh Daddy" and "Brown Eyes" from yesteryear. But again, maybe it was the songs on ITM...the songs left me cold so the voice could only salvage so much, ya know?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

BAM 3/9/84 I want people to just go away."
This is my sentiment on any given day of the week .
Old 12-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
And to be honest, I don't really get this, "Christine's voice sounds better than 20 years ago" sentiment either. She sounds good, don't get me wrong, but I MUCH prefer Christine's beautifully smooth alto on "Warm Ways" "Oh Daddy" and "Brown Eyes" from yesteryear. But again, maybe it was the songs on ITM...the songs left me cold so the voice could only salvage so much, ya know?
i think her voice is absolutely fantasic now! but then i adored it then too! so i cant really pick, i think she always has a stunning voice
Old 12-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, the electric guitars playing in sort of a funk style are definitely a departure for Christine. I had hoped for some tasty licks, like Michael Thompson plays them on her songs from the Time album, but instead there's this monotonous funk groove on large stretches of the In the Meantime album. Unfortunately, Christine's keyboards step back to showcase the funk grooves, so there's not as much diversity in the arrangements as I had hoped for. When I heard it for the 1st time, I was really unsure if this was an album for me to own. But I had a listen again in a different shop on a different day, and some songs grew, so I got the CD.
There's just one song, which I think really works well with the funk groove and that is Bad Journey. Friend is OK with it, but would sound better in a different arrangement, though it's probably the best song on there.
Others that I like from in the Meantime are Liar, Givin' It Back, Sweet Revenge,
Northern Star and Forgiveness (in which she really shines).
Let's hope she'll be doing another album at some time, but with a different producer and guitar player.