3. Rubber Soul (1965), The Beatles
4. Bad Girls (1979), Donna Summer
5. Remain In Light (1980), Talking Heads
6. Very (1993), Pet Shop Boys
7. Fear of a Black Planet (1990), Public Enemy
8. Cupid & Psyche 85 (1985), Scritti Politti
9. You Are The Quarry (2004), Morrissey
10. Sticky Fingers (1971), The Rolling Stones

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My 11 Fav Albums OF ALL TIME!

Rumours, Fleetwood Mac
Dark Side of the Moon, Pink Floyd
Tango in the Night, Fleetwood Mac
Picture Book, Simply Red
Discography, Pet Shop Boys
A Night at the Opera, Queen
Wish you were her, Pink Floyd
Live and More, Donna Summer
Paris, Supertramp
Time, ELO
Cloud Nine, George Harrison

And there are several soundtrack albums I love, like Empire Strikes Back, Lion King and The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
Old 08-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
My 11 Fav Albums OF ALL TIME!

Rumours, Fleetwood Mac
Dark Side of the Moon, Pink Floyd
Tango in the Night, Fleetwood Mac
Picture Book, Simply Red
Discography, Pet Shop Boys
A Night at the Opera, Queen
Wish you were her, Pink Floyd
Live and More, Donna Summer
Paris, Supertramp
Time, ELO
Cloud Nine, George Harrison

And there are several soundtrack albums I love, like Empire Strikes Back, Lion King and The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
Dark Side of the Moon, Picture Book, Discography & Paris????
Man, you're the Best!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Junior Ledgie

I'm gonna find my huge rock to climb under when I say the following and keep in mind it's just my dumb opinion.

I've never gotten into the Roger Waters line up of Pink Floyd. Wait! Wait! Before I'm stoned to death, hear me out.

I like the Syd Barrett line up of Floyd. As to me it was musically inventive without being overly pretentious. I always thought Roger Waters stuff was too prog-rock. His lyrics strike me as trying too hard.

Where Barrett's lyrics were witty, poetic, childlike, surreal while coming off effortless. I felt the music with the Barrett lineup didn't meander, but still dug deep and was interesting.

Again, that is just my opinion. If you like Roger Waters more power to ya. I do think David Gilmour is a great guitar player though for what it's worth.

BTW who here would honestly abstain from seeing the mac next year if you know in advance the setlist will be Rumours heavy? Even if you love Rumours, you got to be sick of hearing it by now.

Even Van Halen who I used to love, but now despise (because of Eddie V screwing Michael Anthony over) is playing obscurer tracks live. I dont understand why the Mac underestimates it's audience's taste.

I think most would be happy if they played a lot of stuff off Tusk instead of playing one or two tunes from there. Or even play stuff besides the hits off Mirage, Tango, or Say You Will.

Or even the Buckingham Nicks album. I really like that album. Would love to hear it live. I just wish The Mac would stop treating their fans like The Eagles do theirs. (Bear in mind though I can't stand The Eagles, however I do like Don Henley's solo work)
Old 08-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMagic View Post
I'm gonna find my huge rock to climb under when I say the following and keep in mind it's just my dumb opinion.

BTW who here would honestly abstain from seeing the mac next year if you know in advance the setlist will be Rumours heavy? Even if you love Rumours, you got to be sick of hearing it by now. Or even the Buckingham Nicks album. I really like that album. Would love to hear it live. I just wish The Mac would stop treating their fans like The Eagles do theirs. (Bear in mind though I can't stand The Eagles, however I do like Don Henley's solo work)
Nope. I don't care if it is popular on this forum or not. I listened to it in 1977 and still listen to it to this day, very often, and could listen to FM play those songs live everynight until I die. For me, I love the music and what the songs have to say. I appreciate the songs totally on their own merits as songs and couldn't care less how many times they've been played. I don't let airplay numbers or sales figures get in the way. I get the impression that people are "down" on Rumours because of the sales and overkill airplay and live performances, and not because they are looking purely at the songs themselves, outside of the sales context. But try pretending that Rumours didn't sell well and really listen to the songs. Don't blame the art for what "the machine" did to it.

But hey, ya know, I also love Welcome to The Room Sara and When I See You Again, so I guess I'm in my own little world anyway.

Last edited by seekerj; 08-15-2012 at 12:50 PM..
Old 08-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

Seekerj-

I never said the songs were bad from Rumours. It's a good album although I took a long time to admit that.

I'm just burnt on Rumours. But heck, I'm sick of The Beatles and I love them. It's just hearing the constant rotation on radio along with grocery stores, restaurants can numb ya on a band.

Unless it's Hysteria, (title song) I dont really wanna hear Def Leppard ever again. They played Pour Some Sugar On Me one too many times at Bars/Clubs. I used to go out a lot a year ago, so that is all I would hear.

BTW am I the only one who thinks bars suck at playing 80's music? They play the basic really well-known stuff. But dont dig any deeper. I've complained about their djs before but it doesn't help these peeps were born in late 80's. So they only have a basic knowledge of 80's hits.

Sorry, I see people complaining about being sick of 80's revival nights and that's cause the DJs are terrible at playing lesser known stuff.

Anyway, I'm getting off track. I cant in good faith pay almost 300 bucks to hear Rumours live again. It might be a good deal for those who haven't seen the mac live. But to paraphrase Lindsey, I'm never goin' back again..
Old 08-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tusk always makes me feel like I'm sitting by the fire in a small cabin with a loved one who's showing me photos from an album, sharing the good stories and the bad that go with each photograph. In my minds eye some of the photographs are the ones in the Tusk album sleeves and some contain individual images from the collages. And when it's all over we sit and bask in the glow of the dying embers and decide to take a walk, enjoying a night that we'll never forget.c

There are bands for whom I pretty much only listen to the singles. The Cure and Siouxsie and the Banshees are two of them. They each have one album that I like beginning to end but for the most part I only know the material from the singles collections they've put out. But both Fleetwood Mac and Stevie are opposite for me. While I do love their hits it's often the deep album cuts that I really get into. Sara and Rhiannon are both big favorites but I prefer demos and live versions way more to the studio cuts. However, Tusk is one of those albums that when I'm in the mood I have to play from beginning to end. I have a few songs in my FM playlist on my iPod but when I hear a song from Tusk by itself (even the studio version of Sara) it always sounds like I'm hearing an excerpt of a larger piece. I feel bad it wasn't as big a commercial success for the band but I'm kind of glad there wasn't a string of hits like there was for Rumors because it's helped keep the album as a whole cohesive unit. Just like when I hear the single mix of Another Brick in the Wall or Comfortably Numb on the radio, when the end of each song comes on my ear aches to hear the next part of the album.

Tusk may not be a full on concept album in the way Tommy or The Wall was, but to me it does take the listener through an amazing journey.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought I would never say this, but I'm not interested in seeing FM live again, only to hear the same set list with only one or two nuggets added in. I'm certainly not down on the Rumours tracks but the band sells us all short when they ignore the vast treasure trove of material that would transfer well to the stage. It's weird to think that we're a quarter century past the time when Rumours tracks in their set list should be down to no more than 3 or 4 (two hits and one deep cut).