The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #691  
Old 10-14-2018, 06:25 PM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Stevie has a family though. She may not have her own partner or children but she's very close with her niece and Lori and she surrounds herself with a lot of other very close friends and their families.
True.

As a woman without kids, I have to say this notion that we all must be terribly jealous of people with children is rather insulting. I personally see children as a burden and do not want any (gasp, shock, horror).

Some women do not wish to have children. Some women just aren't cut out to be mothers.

I'm not saying this to defend Stevie; I'm saying this because it's a reality for many women in today's world. You can have families with having children; you can be perfectly fulfilled without having children.

Let's put away this antiquated notion that all women are desperate to be mothers, shall we?
__________________
- Nancy

Reply With Quote
  #692  
Old 10-14-2018, 07:06 PM
sleepless child's Avatar
sleepless child sleepless child is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 485
Default

I loved her Rock a Little tour. And I was so nave it didn't occur to me that she was a cocaine addict. Loved her vocals.
__________________

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Reply With Quote
  #693  
Old 10-14-2018, 07:20 PM
DownOnRodeo's Avatar
DownOnRodeo DownOnRodeo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,194
Default Spinsters are doing it for themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
you mean they are the Oprah and Gayle of rock n roll??
I had assumed that as a possibility ever since I first watched Destiny Rules, and I never even realised they were living together.

Quote:
I never got the hype about the Wild Heart dressing room version.
In addition to looking happy, she's very girlish and cute in that blurry vid. Not sure if that was part of the appeal. Watching it again now, I note that the background music sounds a lot like Lindsey's "Can't Go Back."

Since Stevie and Mick (and to a somewhat lesser extent Lindsey) are so on the nose around here these days, I think a similar thread to this but about Christine or John would be more interesting.
__________________
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #694  
Old 10-14-2018, 09:37 PM
Frankenstein's Avatar
Frankenstein Frankenstein is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
True.

As a woman without kids, I have to say this notion that we all must be terribly jealous of people with children is rather insulting. I personally see children as a burden and do not want any (gasp, shock, horror).

Some women do not wish to have children. Some women just aren't cut out to be mothers.

I'm not saying this to defend Stevie; I'm saying this because it's a reality for many women in today's world. You can have families with having children; you can be perfectly fulfilled without having children.

Let's put away this antiquated notion that all women are desperate to be mothers, shall we?
100% agree!
Reply With Quote
  #695  
Old 10-14-2018, 10:07 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Watching it again now, I note that the background music sounds a lot like Lindsey's "Can't Go Back."
Because it is.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #696  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:58 AM
singertobe singertobe is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
True.

As a woman without kids, I have to say this notion that we all must be terribly jealous of people with children is rather insulting. I personally see children as a burden and do not want any (gasp, shock, horror).

Some women do not wish to have children. Some women just aren't cut out to be mothers.

I'm not saying this to defend Stevie; I'm saying this because it's a reality for many women in today's world. You can have families with having children; you can be perfectly fulfilled without having children.

Let's put away this antiquated notion that all women are desperate to be mothers, shall we?
Forgive me. I don't mean to imply that all childless women are jealous of people with children. I'll probably be one of those women myself. I just mean to say that Stevie has some deep rooted feelings about Lindsey.
Reply With Quote
  #697  
Old 10-15-2018, 09:09 AM
TheWildHeart67's Avatar
TheWildHeart67 TheWildHeart67 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 525
Default

Quote:
Forgive me. I don't mean to imply that all childless women are jealous of people with children. I'll probably be one of those women myself. I just mean to say that Stevie has some deep rooted feelings about Lindsey.
Stevie and Lindsey both have deep rooted feelings for each other.
I don't think it's "in love" though.
I think it's a result of breaking up over 40 years ago and being forced to work and tour together the past few decades.
Neither ever had a chance to have proper closure.
I can't imagine having a massive break-up, and having to see and work with this person every day.
In real life, you break-up and if it's a nasty break-up, you avoid that person and move-on..
In their case, they were in the position of being in one of the biggest rock bands, so it wasn't really possible to "move-on."
Lindsey eventually married and had kids, but he's always had resentment towards Stevie and vice versa.
I really don't think Stevie is jealous of not ever having children though.
She isn't the mother type.
Not all women or men feel like their lives are not whole without children.
I knew from the time I was a teen, I wasn't going to be a father, and never had the urge to have one, adopt one etc
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/jump.gif border=0 alt= title=jump class=inlineimg />
Reply With Quote
  #698  
Old 10-15-2018, 09:18 AM
Feather Blade Feather Blade is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I had assumed that as a possibility ever since I first watched Destiny Rules, and I never even realised they were living together.



In addition to looking happy, she's very girlish and cute in that blurry vid. Not sure if that was part of the appeal. Watching it again now, I note that the background music sounds a lot like Lindsey's "Can't Go Back."

Since Stevie and Mick (and to a somewhat lesser extent Lindsey) are so on the nose around here these days, I think a similar thread to this but about Christine or John would be more interesting.
That's an interesting idea. I think people might run out of things to say about John pretty quickly though. He spends so much of his time being a bump on a log.
Reply With Quote
  #699  
Old 10-15-2018, 01:45 PM
singertobe singertobe is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 509
Default

I think Rhiannon should be remade with a Celtic sound. She could put in violins and tin whistles and those things that look like tambourines but don't have any symbols that you bang the inside of with your hand. She could even sing some of the lyrics in Welsh. That'd be epic.
Reply With Quote
  #700  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:20 PM
TheWILDheart TheWILDheart is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 2,242
Default

I really enjoy "Street Angel" as an album. Granted, I have to listen to edited version of it, but I think there's a lot of potential in it.

I can't stand 24KG. It's a lazy effort and sounds half finished, especially with the horribly distorted vocals.

I can't remember the last time I actively listened to "Landslide".

Stevie's solo version of "Crystal" from the Practical Magic soundtrack is better than both the Buckingham Nicks and Fleetwood Mac versions.

"The Nightmare" should've never been recorded. It's a heap of incoherent rambling with no melody over what sounds like somebody kicking a Yamaha DX7 down a flight of stairs.

Her solo setlists are boring and predictable and have been for years. Come on, Stevie, stop ignoring half your back catalogue.

My favourite ever Stevie vocals are all on Mirage. Whilst they may not be my favourite songs, "That's Alright", "Gypsy" and "Straight Back" are perfect vocal performances. Which is why it upsets me that she sounded so dreadful on the Mirage and Wild Heart tours.

I'm pretty sure she's bonked every single one of her producers, including Sheryl Crow.
Reply With Quote
  #701  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:49 PM
TheWILDheart TheWILDheart is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 2,242
Default

Also, another unpopular opinion around here at the moment is tha despite the debacle with Fleetwood Mac, I STILL LOVE STEVIE NICKS.

I have zero interest in whatever firing and lawsuits are happening with any of her current of past bandmates. Don't care. At all. I love her music and always will, that is what matters to me the most. Her songs will always be with me because they have been such a prominent part of my life for so many years, I wouldn't be me without them.

Also I prefer Stevie solo to Fleetwood Mac anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #702  
Old 10-17-2018, 05:28 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
I really enjoy "Street Angel" as an album. Granted, I have to listen to edited version of it, but I think there's a lot of potential in it.

I can't stand 24KG. It's a lazy effort and sounds half finished, especially with the horribly distorted vocals.

I can't remember the last time I actively listened to "Landslide".

Stevie's solo version of "Crystal" from the Practical Magic soundtrack is better than both the Buckingham Nicks and Fleetwood Mac versions.

"The Nightmare" should've never been recorded. It's a heap of incoherent rambling with no melody over what sounds like somebody kicking a Yamaha DX7 down a flight of stairs.

Her solo setlists are boring and predictable and have been for years. Come on, Stevie, stop ignoring half your back catalogue.

My favourite ever Stevie vocals are all on Mirage. Whilst they may not be my favourite songs, "That's Alright", "Gypsy" and "Straight Back" are perfect vocal performances. Which is why it upsets me that she sounded so dreadful on the Mirage and Wild Heart tours.

I'm pretty sure she's bonked every single one of her producers, including Sheryl Crow.
Oh wow
We must have been separated at birth because I agree with ALL of your unpopular opinions!!!!
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #703  
Old 10-17-2018, 06:25 PM
Tango Tango is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,923
Default

TheWildheart, I still dig Stevie Nicks as well. And I think she NAILS Black Magic Woman on the latest Fleetwood Mac outing. I am not happy about all the firing/lawsuits/misery either. Yet I will see Fleetwood Mac in it's latest incarnation. And I will see Lindsey solo. I will see Stevie solo. I don't know if those two can ever meet up again- yet stranger things have happened.

You hang around long enough, you'll see all kinds of things that seemed impossible. Here's one: People here swore Christine was NEVER coming back and used to badger people on The Ledge for daring to bring the matter up. (You know who you are, badgers!)

But I would see Stevie in a house, I would see Stevie with a mouse. I would see her here or there - I would see her anywhere. I would see her on a boat, I would see her- she's the GOAT! (Greatest of All Time?) I know that's over the top, but I will vote for her to get into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame just like others, too.
Reply With Quote
  #704  
Old 10-18-2018, 05:02 PM
StreetAngel86's Avatar
StreetAngel86 StreetAngel86 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: somewhere...being strange & elusive...
Posts: 2,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
I'm pretty sure she's bonked every single one of her producers, including Sheryl Crow.

i don't doubt this for one second.
i think DS too.
that's why she never works "professionally" with them ever again
__________________
she thought she was out there...but nobody saw...

Last edited by StreetAngel86 : 10-18-2018 at 05:03 PM. Reason: early morning typos
Reply With Quote
  #705  
Old 10-18-2018, 07:38 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,329
Default

How could you be in a Classic Rock Band for 40 years and not know Black Magic Woman is a Fleetwood Mac song? Especially someone like you who raves she is the first to hear and know every new song that comes out on the radio before the rest of her friend's do. And you bought all the FM albums when you first joined and played them back to front. Surely you would have heard it then and realized it WASN'T a Santana cover.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER
$64.99
c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER pictureDENNIS WILSON candid PHOTO rare pic taken by Geo Emmel JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac
$34.95
DENNIS WILSON candid PHOTO rare pic taken by Geo Emmel JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac pictureWire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac
$20.0
Wire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac picturePress Photo Rock Bass Player John McVie of Fleetwood Mac
$20.0
Press Photo Rock Bass Player John McVie of Fleetwood Mac picture1977 Press Photo John McVie Drummer of Fleetwood Mack. - lrx01220
$19.88
1977 Press Photo John McVie Drummer of Fleetwood Mack. - lrx01220 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved