Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts - Orlando, Fl., Nov 7th

You can go your own way or you can go to the Dr. Phillips Center on Tuesday to catch Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie.

Orlando Sentinel
6 Nov 2017
By Trevor Fraser Staff Writer tfraser@ orlandosentinel.com

Fleetwood Mac is a band known for its relationships almost as much as its music. Now fans can catch a surprising new duo to come out of the classic rock outfit. “With Lindsey [Buckingham] and I, we don’t have any baggage,” said songwriter Christine McVie about her new partner. “We’ve always been on very neutral terms. We’re just studio junkies.”

The two released “Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie” in June. The tour for the album brings them to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts on Tuesday. (8 p.m., $59.50-$125, drphillipscenter.org)

The partnership began when McVie, 74, ended a 16-year break from Fleetwood Mac to join them on the On With the Show Tour in 2014. “It started off with us just being in the studio for me to reacquaint myself with the band and just to see if there was still any chemistry,” said the keyboardist. “And, of course, chemistry abounded. It was even better than before I left.”

Fleetwood Mac formed in London in 1967. McVie, at the time Christine Perfect, joined the band after marrying bassist John McVie in 1970. (“There’s an old joke that I used to be Perfect but then I married John,” she laughed.)

Buckingham, a guitarist, joined with his girlfriend, singer Stevie Nicks, in 1974. The group’s 1977 record “Rumours,” which spawned hits such as “Go Your Own Way” and “Don’t Stop,” is ranked as one of the best selling albums of all time.

The romantic relationships in the band famously dissolved through the years and the band changed lineups a number of times. (McVie divorced her husband in 1978.) According to her, she and Buckingham, 68, managed throughout that period to avoid any personal drama with each other. “Although we’ve never been very close pals on the road, we are terribly fond of each other, we get on well,” she said. “But in the studio we’re very, very tight indeed.”

McVie, a British native, notes that on one hand the pairing was a surprise, but that artistically it makes a lot of sense to the both of them. “We often ask why the hell have we never done this before,” she said. “We do have a particularly good musical connection, even though we hadn’t written many songs together. We collaborate really well in the studio on our parts. We seem to think alike. We seem to be able to anticipate what the other one’s going to do. Ideas ricochet.”

While Fleetwood Mac can still sell out stadiums around the country, this tour has brought the pair to some considerably smaller venues, a change McVie welcomes. “It’s an unusual setup for me to be playing smaller arenas of three or four thousand people,” she said. “Everything’s cuter. It’s not so stressful to go on the road that way than with the massive machine which is Fleetwood Mac.”

More than anything, she says she’s just enjoying time with her friend Buckingham. “We just find it a really warm and fuzzy experience. We’re having a wonderful time.”
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Thumbs up Buckingham McVie - Orlando

I was not there but it looks like they had a good crowd the other night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbj5sUgfMX4