Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lux
[B]Lindsey barely makes a comment of any kind to a public medium (other than song), let alone controversial. His

I think when they state lindsey doesnt make a comment of any public medium, they meant in an interview , not in his lyrics of a song. meaning in an interview he will throw a dig at the record industry, and make a comment about the industry. lets not turn this into whose songs are more controversial.
and when it comes down to it , every song is accepted or denied due to personal opinion . doesnt mean he or she is better or not as good as the other. Stevie and lindsey definately compliment each other very well, and some seem to pick apart everything, like well he needs her more, or she needs him more, it works who cares.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Lux
I think the point is that they'd be even more dismayed if they were unforunate to be told what they were fighting for.

And I have I told you that I admire you for the gall you had to post that banner in your sig on the Burnish board? Kudos to you, doll.

Old 03-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lindsey has made some political comments that show that, while he might not be a Democrat per se because you can't fit anyone into a set a lablels , we know he is at least a liberal.

I can't find it on MadnessFades.net, but I'm positive there was an interview where Lindsey says that he believes George W. Bush was a puppet and that if he were elected, abortion might be overturned.

Of course there is also the fact that in 1992, he would talk about how "some" people thought "Wrong" was about George Bush the first, which I think tends to imply that he believes that Bush too was indeed wrong, lol. Perhaps he only talks politics before an election, in the hopes that he can influence fans, but lays off it at other times?

Finally, his comments about Eminem are arguably controversial, although I remember at the time in was very en vogue to praise Eminem. This was after the Elton John cuddle.

Les - BTW - you might want to add a search engine for your site. I get confused easily and I think it probably takes me twice as long as others to find stuff! lol There are free ones at places like freefind.com - just a thought.

Last edited by sodascouts; 03-28-2004 at 02:07 PM..
Old 03-28-2004, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
Lindsey has made some political comments that show that, while he might not be a Democrat per se because you can't fit anyone into a set a lablels , we know he is at least a liberal.
He gave the ACLU "Peacekeeper" to use on a compilation CD.

What does that tell you?

Old 03-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
He gave the ACLU "Peacekeeper" to use on a compilation CD.

What does that tell you?

Why, I would have to say it tells me that I am absolutely correct once again!

Old 03-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why, I would have to say it tells me that I am absolutely correct once again!

PS: That's why I don't believe the BS that Lindsey spouts about "Peacekeeper" not being political.

Old 03-28-2004, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey can be quite political but not in an "align myself with a party and campaign" sort of way. He's more of a social commentator in the way that he looks at how a particular trend in society is affecting everyone involved in it. His SYW songs are most easily identifiable as that because they are the most direct. But I think he's been doing that for quite a while. A lot of his songs, to me, are about the individual's struggle to define and hold to their ideals and boundaries in a world in which they don't quite feel they belong.

It's not controversial. But I don't think one needs to be "controversial" (which requires some definition since I think we all would have pretty different views of what controversial is) in order to speak your mind. "Controversy" gets you in the papers. It doesn't necessarily speak to the truth or strength of your argument.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Les - BTW - you might want to add a search engine for your site. I get confused easily and I think it probably takes me twice as long as others to find stuff! lol There are free ones at places like freefind.com - just a thought.
Thanks, yeah, I've been thinking about looking into something like that.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Did Doc Hurt Lindsey!!!

My boyfriend agrees with me on this one and
he is jealous of my LB Adulation!!! He thinks they
told Linz what he needed to hear as the producer
then/changed"things"after he got into the work!!!

This is not me speaking here...HE felt for the Guy!

Les, Keep up the Good Work!!! Madnessfades is!!!
Your side-bar comments are helpful to find stuff! Sky
Old 03-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Lux
Danke Schon! I knew I'd get in trouble so I only kept it for a day or two. I just had to. I think it's one major aspect of current issues that conveniently gets left out of the press and by doing so glosses over the issue. People need to see, well maybe not see, but be aware of such realities and mainstream media certainly doesn't allow for that.
Oh, they allow for it. But only when it's the Hussein lads.

Old 03-29-2004, 02:18 AM
Lux
Old 03-29-2004, 03:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Damnit! I think the original question was that if the doc. that aired on VH1 made me hate Lindsey more...

That was the question right? These political turns cannot be escaped! I wanted to talk about Lindsey...
is that ok?

Anyway, I totally liked him more.

That's about it... back to the interesting conversation now..
Old 03-29-2004, 04:02 AM
Lux
Old 03-29-2004, 04:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll "adjust" his crotch anytime. I could be the official crotch adjuster of the new tour! Jesus, I just found my new calling in life! Search is over!!!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Lux
(insert sarcastic tone here) You don't mean to imply that there are double standards do you?
Never!

Old 03-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
I'll "adjust" his crotch anytime. I could be the official crotch adjuster of the new tour! Jesus, I just found my new calling in life! Search is over!!!

I am afraid the competition will be stiff

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-29-2004, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't form or change any opinions of him based on The Doc. I can't say I was watching it on order to do so (same of any band members). I don't think it's really fair to develop an opinion on someone entirely on 75 minutes of their life anyway...it's not like you KNOW them because of that. I guess I don't come from a critical place in watching Fleetwood Mac work together...I mean, they work the way they work and we got to see a snippet of it. I'm more interested in simply observing than forming an opinion. I also didn't understand all of the commentary about his car. It's not like he had a pimped out Escalade with spinning rims or a $300,000 Ferrari. He had a Mercedes sedan for goodness sake. Seems like just your basic, quality car for someone with his kind of money. I mean, that seems like "the baseline" when you are a millionaire. If you could afford that kind of quality and safety (with, granted, a bit of luxury thrown in), I don't think you'd say, "Nah...I think I'll go with the Geo Metro".